What Lego set did you buy today?

Yeah, wasn't advertised overly well, and when he sent me the set list, I went through recent sold listings and came up with about $1700 value.  It also ended at about 1:30am central time, so I threw my bid in at about 10pm and hoped it would hold.

Time to start up the mutual admiration society...I can't believe the deal you got on that listing.  Most of these sets should sell quickly too - very nice.

Yeah, wasn't advertised overly well, and when he sent me the set list, I went through recent sold listings and came up with about $1700 value. It also ended at about 1:30am central time, so I threw my bid in at about 10pm and hoped it would hold.

I was actually following that lot Huskers and thought the bidding would ramp up at the end and didn't want to stay up! Glad you got it though!

Nice score Huskers! Those are the best kinds of lots. Plenty to build AND you make some money B) what are you gonna build first?

Hard to say.  We own many of the sets, so probably something we don't have like the new Falcon.  I only have 4504 right now.  My son said he wants to make our 4842 bigger, so we may combine the two into a big Hogwarts, but I need to make money, too. 

I was actually following that lot Huskers and thought the bidding would ramp up at the end and didn't want to stay up! Glad you got it though!

Was very happy with the final number since it only went up about $150 after I went to sleep.  Some new bidder with 0 feedback, probably the seller. :shifty: Nah, I doubt it, after messaging him a few times, seemed like a nice guy that just didn't have the space for them.

I just purchased this lot of 26 star wars sets off of ebay. listed for $2k. I offered $1500 and they accepted right away (doh!). all are used, but 100% complete with all figs, manuals, and boxes. adult owned, display only. found out seller is downsizing their star wars room to only vintage items. current brickpicker value is $1850. I am starting to have second thoughts on this one, and don't think there will be a lot to make on these later. any thoughts and/or opinions? I plan on selling everything except maybe the death star. my son has wanted one for a long time.

10221 super star destroyer

10188 death star

6211 imperial star destroyer

10144 sand crawler

8038 battle of endor

7965 millennium falcon

10198 tantive IV

8097 slave I

7879 hoth echo base

7754 home one

9490 droid escape

7961 darth mauls infiltrator

8018 armored assault tank

8017 darth vader tie fighter

9496 desert skiff

7749 echo base

7956 ewok attack

8089 hoth wampa cave

6212 x wing fighter

8091 swamp speeder

9492 tie fighter

8092 lukes landspeeder

8083 rebel trooper battle pack

9489 rebel and imperial trooper battle pack

8084 snow trooper battle pack x2

I might not make much, if anything, but at least my son and I will have a blast this winter putting them all together before we sell them.

I just purchased this lot of 26 star wars sets off of ebay. listed for $2k. I offered $1500 and they accepted right away (doh!). all are used, but 100% complete with all figs, manuals, and boxes. adult owned, display only. found out seller is downsizing their star wars room to only vintage items. current brickpicker value is $1850. I am starting to have second thoughts on this one, and don't think there will be a lot to make on these later. any thoughts and/or opinions? I plan on selling everything except maybe the death star. my son has wanted one for a long time.

10221 super star destroyer

10188 death star

6211 imperial star destroyer

10144 sand crawler

8038 battle of endor

7965 millennium falcon

10198 tantive IV

8097 slave I

7879 hoth echo base

7754 home one

9490 droid escape

7961 darth mauls infiltrator

8018 armored assault tank

8017 darth vader tie fighter

9496 desert skiff

7749 echo base

7956 ewok attack

8089 hoth wampa cave

6212 x wing fighter

8091 swamp speeder

9492 tie fighter

8092 lukes landspeeder

8083 rebel trooper battle pack

9489 rebel and imperial trooper battle pack

8084 snow trooper battle pack x2

I might not make much, if anything, but at least my son and I will have a blast this winter putting them all together before we sell them.

Some of the sets are not retired, so for them I would wait for them to retire and then sell them. For the others, it depends on the set. Some sets may still be growing.

All up to the 8097 sounded good, everything under that set I would not want. So my opinion is I would not have gotten these for $1500, but you said your son will have fun with them, but as a investment I don't like it.

Yeah, my thoughts too. The vader tie fighter is another one that I have had good success with in the past, but the rest of it I don't like. I should have offered 1200, but didnt want to insult them. Well, if we break even, but have fun with my son doing it, I guess that's not all bad.

Yeah, my thoughts too. The vader tie fighter is another one that I have had good success with in the past, but the rest of it I don't like. I should have offered 1200, but didnt want to insult them. Well, if we break even, but have fun with my son doing it, I guess that's not all bad.

It's still a great builder's lot. Even if you lose a bit of money, just consider it a rental fee.