What Lego set did you buy today?

What do you think about two 10217 Diagon alley, and two  Maersk 10219 for $195 each.... would you buy them???  Mint, New sealed Box....

I'd pass on the Diagon Alley's, since the set hasn't really moved recently, but if you intend on holding this set for 3+ years, then I'd go for it. I guess same goes for the Maersk (trains, I assume?).

Got another 5 of the 3 figure Halloween set (zombie, witch, ghost) for $12 each at the Lego Store, half of what the current market value is. Also got a few series 10 figures to earn a VW polybag.

Now here's the kicker. When I spent $75 yesterday at 2 different lego stores earlier this month ($50 of which was for Star Wars lego), I got the clone lieutenant and the camper. When I tried to do the same thing at this lego store, I was told I could only get the camper. I said that I had got both at 2 different stores and they said that that was contrary to "policy" and that they would call those stores. Eeeep. Should have kept my mouth shut.

Got another 5 of the 3 figure Halloween set (zombie, witch, ghost) for $12 each at the Lego Store, half of what the current market value is. Also got a few series 10 figures to earn a VW polybag.

Now here's the kicker. When I spent $75 yesterday at 2 different lego stores earlier this month ($50 of which was for Star Wars lego), I got the clone lieutenant and the camper. When I tried to do the same thing at this lego store, I was told I could only get the camper. I said that I had got both at 2 different stores and they said that that was contrary to "policy" and that they would call those stores. Eeeep. Should have kept my mouth shut.

Since they all appear just to make up whatever policy they want on the spot depending on what their horoscopes say that morning, I don't think you've done any more harm than they're already doing.

Has anyone called Lego CS on these stores not giving out both? I'd think since LEGO Shop at Home does give out both THAT would be the policy.

Since they all appear just to make up whatever policy they want on the spot depending on what their horoscopes say that morning, I don't think you've done any more harm than they're already doing.

Has anyone called Lego CS on these stores not giving out both? I'd think since S@H does give out both THAT would be the policy.

a member in another thread stated he/she called CS and they sent him/her a poly in the mail, sorry don't know which member or which thread. I think CS is the same as the stores, they make their own rules ;)

a member in another thread stated he/she called CS and they sent him/her a poly in the mail, sorry don't know which member or which thread. I think CS is the same as the stores, they make their own rules ;)

I do not like it when the manager of a certain store decides to make their own rules on those things and then the say the decision was from corporate, when you call CS, and they tell you that you can get both. That is ridiculous.

I do not like it when the manager of a certain store decides to make their own rules on those things and then the say the decision was from corporate, when you call CS, and they tell you that you can get both. That is ridiculous.

I'm sure some store managers are pocketing a few hundred of the free items that were supposed to be given away.  That's an easy con, if they didn't think they would get caught.  They can tell corporate they gave away 100 polys a day and keep 50 for themselves because the customers did not know better.   I would seriously ask if they are going to report that they gave me 2 when all they really gave me is 1.  Seems pretty crooked to me, but that's just how I think when there's a discrepancy in a policy that is not written down for me to see.

I'm sure some store managers are pocketing a few hundred of the free items that were supposed to be given away.  That's an easy con, if they didn't think they would get caught.  They can tell corporate they gave away 100 polys a day and keep 50 for themselves because the customers did not know better.   I would seriously ask if they are going to report that they gave me 2 when all they really gave me is 1.  Seems pretty crooked to me, but that's just how I think when there's a discrepancy in a policy that is not written down for me to see.

It happens, but not often. Supposed to scan them out. Leftovers are the only way they can really do that

stopped by a walmart near work.  i was lucky to find a nice lady working in the toy dept who told me to checkout the OUTDOOR GARDEN dept (of all areas).  bingo.  found 4 sets. nothing super duper but nice deals.

2 79001 Escape from Mirkwood Spiders for $21 each

1 79002 Attack of the Wargs for $35

1 6863 Batwing Battle Over Gotham City for $25

I got 5 of the friends rehearsal stage for $5 each. To me that's a no-brainier....you just buy it ans ask questions later. This week also got my first (of hopefully many) Golden Dragons and a Baxters Robot Rampage. A set that I think will do pretty well.

Been wanting to get the Rehearsal Stage just for her guitar if anything. And which of the last two sets do you think will do better, Golden Dragon or Baxtar's Robot Rampage? I feel like both of those will perform well.

Been wanting to get the Rehearsal Stage just for her guitar if anything. And which of the last two sets do you think will do better, Golden Dragon or Baxtar's Robot Rampage? I feel like both of those will perform well.

I like them both to be honest. The Baxter set cause of its exclusivity, good minifigs, and I actually think this is a great theme. Kind of like chima in a way: all the adults are discussing its merits while the kids are buying it up. My two boys LOVE TMNT....their cousins love them and their friends do too. With the GD, sometimes you just have to step back and say: Lego NAILED it on this set. The Golden Dragon is one of those sets. It's perfect in a lot of ways: nice price point, cool minifigures and the dragon is great as well. Bought both of these at toys r us and got a seaplane poly with each. Not the greatest deal...but oh well. Oh...but to answer your question directly, I would say Baxter. I have a sneaky feeling that TMNT will do well post eol...and this will be the set no one has.

• Like 1

Hit two Walmarts today. 

First Walmart:

2 Mines of Moria for $40 each.

Second Walmart:

4 Bagend for $40 each (they still had 6-8 left)

3 Gungan Sub for $25 each (bought them all)

1 Two Face Chase for $20

Passed on Mine of Moria for $45, Wargs for $35, Mirkwood Spiders for $21, Weathertop for $40 and a good bit of other stuff. Hoping for further discount. I hit this walmart a few weeks ago and the sets I bought today were markdowns since last visit. It doesn't look like they've sold much since I last visited.

I like them both to be honest. The Baxter set cause of its exclusivity, good minifigs, and I actually think this is a great theme. Kind of like chima in a way: all the adults are discussing its merits while the kids are buying it up. My two boys LOVE TMNT....their cousins love them and their friends do too. With the GD, sometimes you just have to step back and say: Lego NAILED it on this set. The Golden Dragon is one of those sets. It's perfect in a lot of ways: nice price point, cool minifigures and the dragon is great as well. Bought both of these at toys r us and got a seaplane poly with each. Not the greatest deal...but oh well. Oh...but to answer your question directly, I would say Baxter. I have a sneaky feeling that TMNT will do well post eol...and this will be the set no one has.

I would say we are of the same mind here. :derisive: