What Lego set did you buy today?

Guest eightbrick

Not me, but the wife. She's currently in Japan visiting family, and she sent me this photo from the local department store. Couldn't believe my eyes and had only 2 words for her - "Buy all." Price listed is in Japanese yen.

attachicon.gifDSCN6595.JPG

Whoa! Nice score! What store was it? Bic Camera?

Whoa! Nice score! What store was it? Bic Camera?

No, I think it was an independent suburban toy store. This one was definitely one of those rare anomalies. We did check out the online Bic Camera prices before she went, but they didn't seem to be anything special, don't think we came across 9465 in their product listings.

No, I think it was an independent suburban toy store. This one was definitely one of those rare anomalies. We did check out the online Bic Camera prices before she went, but they didn't seem to be anything special, don't think we came across 9465 in their product listings.

Sorry, correction - it was a Japanese Toys R Us.

I found a store selling about 20 Mini Hogwarts Express 40028-1 poly bags for $3. I've looked them up on Ebay (and Brickpicker!) to see that they're selling from anywhere between $30 and $2.5 new. 

I haven't had any experience selling polybags. 

So my questions are;

How many should I get, if any?

Should I sell them now or hang on to them?

How much should I sell them for?

Any advice will be greatly appreciated!

Guest eightbrick

Sorry, correction - it was a Japanese Toys R Us.

Amazing! Japan seems to have a lot of cool retired stuff lying around in their stores; Fire Temples, Pirates from 2009, Dino Attack from 2005 and now zombies. Congrats on the score, I hope you cut your wife in on the winnings for finding those gems! :D

Another haul from my supplier and he threw in a couple of freebies.

2x 10228 Haunted House - $110/ea

1x 10236 Ewok Village - $180

1x 31313 Mindstorms EV3 - $240

1x 60013 Lego City Coast Guard Helicopter - FREE

1x 75015 SW Corporate Alliance Tank Droid - FREE

Total = $640

attachicon.giflego.JPG

THAT is a wonderful supplier. 

12 x 6865 Captain america's Avenging Cycle

3 x 6858 Catwoman City Chase

All for  15%-20% at TRU this week

All of the TRUs in my state are out of stock of both of those. :(

Not me, but the wife. She's currently in Japan visiting family, and she sent me this photo from the local department store. Couldn't believe my eyes and had only 2 words for her - "Buy all." Price listed is in Japanese yen.

attachicon.gifDSCN6595.JPG

Wow!  I need some Japanese relatives!

8097 - Slave 1 for $47.50. New/sealed at a small toy shop in a little town I visited with family. Listed at $97 but was 1/2 off.

Retired + 3 yrs old + 50% off = CAN'T GO WRONG!!!

Nice find.  It just amazes me that some retailers do not use Ebay and know the true worth of their inventory.

Bought these on a very impulsive moment:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=200964077800

Let's see how it turns out....

I'm doubting...that you can lose on that one. Do you mind sharing what your "Best Offer" was? Somewhere around $500? At about $2 a licensed figure, you have lots of work, but you could end up doubling or tripling your money. Of course, we'll need Brianl3 to do some digging around for some of the minifigures and what sets they are from. 

Looks like a nice clean, fairly recent lot, since I actually recognize quite a few of the minifigures.

EDIT: On the subject of lots of LEGO's, the same seller also has listed 30 pounds of bricks for $249.99 OBO, and lying right on top is a 79111 Constitution Train Chase along with the tracks. Judging by the minifigures in the last lot he just sold, there could be quite a few complete, recent sets in there. LINK