What Lego set did you buy today?

Target:  SW:  Saesee Tiin Starfighter - $8.98

Wal-Mart:  SH: Superman vs. Lex Power Armor - $10

Damn those are good prices.

At Target, I picked up 3 City Coast Guard sets for my son (and my first MOC).  Paid $119.11 (price matched) for all 3.  Not overly bad considering retail for these total $165.  About 27% off if my math was done correctly.

60014 Coast Guard Patrol $80

60015 Coast Guard Plane $45

60013 Coast Guard Helicopter $40

Where did they price match with?

Got 42 Lego sets the other day from walmart for 816 bucks. About twenty bucks a set when it's all said and done. Good sets too! Bunch of Hobbit stuff and Hulk break outs

Did you deal with the department manager to buy in bulk, or did you just load up on what they had?

Wow, I didn't know Target price matched online stores.  That's pretty astounding.  It sounds (from googling) that they'll match the listed prices in the Walmart app as well..

So if I have a Walmart that is showing the batcave for $20 in stock (because their stock numbers are messed up), Target will price match to that because it shows the price, date, and exact item...

I'm going to have to try it now, thanks!

Wow, I didn't know Target price matched online stores.  That's pretty astounding.  It sounds (from googling) that they'll match the listed prices in the Walmart app as well..

So if I have a Walmart that is showing the batcave for $20 in stock (because their stock numbers are messed up), Target will price match to that because it shows the price, date, and exact item...

The only thing I can foresee not working is that it's only 1 store when you show them the app. If that works, I'll be cleaning out quite a bit of stores in the area.

Bought some more Series 11 figs and another Epic Dragon Battle at $50. 

Got 42 Lego sets the other day from walmart for 816 bucks. About twenty bucks a set when it's all said and done. Good sets too! Bunch of Hobbit stuff and Hulk break outs

You know what they say about 42  :thumbsup:

Not that easy. Target price matches only a few web sites. Target does not price match apps anymore since they use their own iPad apps that are essentially web browsers for Kmart, Amazon, Walmart, etc... More importantly, stores like Walmart ususlly do not have in-store sales matching their web site prices for items. Hence, that Batcave needs to be $20 on Walmart.com (and in-stock) for them to match that low price.

Not that easy. Target price matches only a few web sites. Target does not price match apps anymore since they use their own iPad apps that are essentially web browsers for Kmart, Amazon, Walmart, etc... More importantly, stores like Walmart ususlly do not have in-store sales matching their web site prices for items. Hence, that Batcave needs to be $20 on Walmart.com (and in-stock) for them to match that low price.

Also, Target may have a problem price matching to a certain degree. Just recently at Target, I price matched with Amazon for the Museum Break-in set which is 31% off right now and the young girl at customer service had to call in a supervisor because the price difference was so great and she said she wasn't old enough to do so. I have a feeling if the discount was too good, they may have refused to go through with the price match. Needless to say, I did walk out with the set for $48.45 but I wonder what might have happened if the sale was even higher like 40% off?

First time we get to see the BrIck Trader avatar. Pretty cool!

I agree. IMO the coolest looking post icon... :D

Oh, boy... 600 posts left until I get it...

Yeah, yeah, well I had it first before y'all. Darn that Moderator avatar.... :mda:

You know what they say about 42  :thumbsup:

Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy referance? :thumbsup:

Yep, not worth it. I tried it, they get out the iPad.

First time we get to see the BrIck Trader avatar. Pretty cool!

It is pretty awesome

I agree. IMO the coolest looking post icon... :D

Oh, boy... 600 posts left until I get it...

SPAM TIME!

Yeah, yeah, well I had it first before y'all. Darn that Moderator avatar.... :mda:

You just gotta quote Will Smith since it looks like the Men in Black Suit:

The answer to life, the universe, and everything.  :D Now... Where's my prize?

You`ve got it! :thumbsup: The answer to all our Lego investment questions has been discovered. Buy all your sets/minfigs in lots of 42. Even if it`s Atlantis... :dancing:  

It is pretty awesome

Yes, yes it is! 

Yep, not worth it. I tried it, they get out the iPad.

That is unfortunate to say the least. 

I was thinking more of Agent Smith from The Matrix but that's cool too. The MIB films are great and the animated TV series was good too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zyNyHark4xk

Yeah it was hard to decide between the two. I was going with the one that made you sound cooler. Lol.

On a related note, anyone watch LOTR and see the elf scene and just keep thinking... "Mr. Anderson".

Guest eightbrick

Yeah it was hard to decide between the two. I was going with the one that made you sound cooler. Lol.

On a related note, anyone watch LOTR and see the elf scene and just keep thinking... "Mr. Anderson".

No, I watch the Matrix and keep thinking "Elrond". LOL

You guys are STILL finding clearance at target/wallys? Wow. Mine are wiped out.

I do go to target often w/kids to buy basics and of course cruise the store.

Bought 2 A-Wings at $19ea. I already have a few from when they were 18$ea but decided to build a few more with different colors and superglue them. My little kids cant handle the much larger fighters.

Oddly target.com and amazon still show the price at 24$. My store had quite a few. Maybe it wad a managers idea. They have tons of LOTR pirate ships too, hoping they go lower on em soon.