What Lego set did you buy today?

It is. Official LEGO announcement is that it will be retiring at the end of this year, due to the little scandal over its resemblance to a mosque. 

http://community.brickpicker.com/topic/2786-lego-backs-down-over-jabbas-palace-accelerated-eol-for-9516-due-to-controversy/page-5?hl=jabba#entry88614

It is not being retired for any other reason than Lego had originally planned to do so after a certain amount of time same as every other set. The 'other guy' in that scenario interpreted the whole thing whichever way they wanted.

I was buying some cheap beer at Mejeir, and saw a Desert Skiff set.  I wanted a Lando for my collection.  I have 2 in storage I got on clearance a long time ago, but this one I bought just to add the minis to my collection.  Another Boba Fett doesn't hurt, either.  When my wife and kids go to bed in 90 minutes, it's me, a 12 pack of Icehouse, and a an easy build.  Now if there is a White Sox game on, I will be in heaven.  How sad.  

I was buying some cheap beer at Mejeir, and saw a Desert Skiff set.  I wanted a Lando for my collection.  I have 2 in storage I got on clearance a long time ago, but this one I bought just to add the minis to my collection.  Another Boba Fett doesn't hurt, either.  When my wife and kids go to bed in 90 minutes, it's me, a 12 pack of Icehouse, and a an easy build.  Now if there is a White Sox game on, I will be in heaven.  How sad.  

2 things are wrong with this paragraph. 

Icehouse and White Sox?  Really???

Now, if you had some, let's say, Samuel Adams Lager or maybe a Boulevard and a Cubs game on, then I'd say you're golden. 

Guest eightbrick

Now, if you had some, let's say, Samuel Adams Lager or maybe a Boulevard and a Cubs game on, then I'd say you're golden. 

I was gonna say the only thing wrong with that paragraph is that he only has twelve beers. :D

If I was back in Boston, maybe.  In Chicago, I learned to drink myself to baseball happiness, which is faster with Icehouse (the most alcohol per bottle than any other domestic beer). And the Cubs are ok, if you're into that kinda thing.  Ironically, the Cubs were the original White Sox back in the late 1800's, the but field wasn't pretty enough for them.  Anyway, I still have 2005 memories to hang on to. 

If I was back in Boston, maybe.  In Chicago, I learned to drink myself to baseball happiness, which is faster with Icehouse (the most alcohol per bottle than any other domestic beer). And the Cubs are ok, if you're into that kinda thing.  Ironically, the Cubs were the original White Sox back in the late 1800's, the but field wasn't pretty enough for them.  Anyway, I still have 2005 memories to hang on to. 

One of the local sports stations carries Cubs baseball sometimes and always advertises Natural Light.  You couldn't pay me enough to drink that stuff.  As for the baseball, I know the Cubs are bad, I've learned to live with it.  I've been following them since the 80s as a kid.  2003 really hurt, I've never been able to fully invest myself into a season again.

I was gonna say the only thing wrong with that paragraph is that he only has twelve beers. :D

10 years ago I would have agreed with you, but when you get a bit out of the bar crawling years and get to true adulthood, most of us slow down the drinking.  I would get hangovers so bad that I simply couldn't stomach getting that smashed every night. 

Sorry for the alcohol tangent, let's get back to Lego purchases.  I had none today, though I did receive another Series 6 Roman Soldier in the mail, so I guess I could claim that.   Building a bit of an army at the moment.

New Star Wars sets - 75018, 75019, 75021. The AtTe and Dropship are awesome sets. Jeks fighter not so much, but I got it for $35 and the minifigs are cool. Haven't decided whether to part it out yet - anyone have success with that one?

I parted it out - i sold all the minifigs for 50 (no fees and shipping taken out). I set the set without figs to auction so we will see. I basically need to get 35 out of it to make my money back.

I bought it full price though getting the clone and VW.

At Target, I picked up 3 City Coast Guard sets for my son (and my first MOC).  Paid $119.11 (price matched) for all 3.  Not overly bad considering retail for these total $165.  About 27% off if my math was done correctly.

60014 Coast Guard Patrol $80

60015 Coast Guard Plane $45

60013 Coast Guard Helicopter $40

At Target, I picked up 3 City Coast Guard sets for my son (and my first MOC).  Paid $119.11 (price matched) for all 3.  Not overly bad considering retail for these total $165.  About 27% off if my math was done correctly.

60014 Coast Guard Patrol $80

60015 Coast Guard Plane $45

60013 Coast Guard Helicopter $40

jaisonline, I'm probably dense for missing this but does Target have a sale on CG sets now?  I love those prices (and sets).  The plane especially is awesome - what a way to get a slick plane (pontoon, nonetheless) and a cool fishing boat in one box.

jaisonline, I'm probably dense for missing this but does Target have a sale on CG sets now? I love those prices (and sets). The plane especially is awesome - what a way to get a slick plane (pontoon, nonetheless) and a cool fishing boat in one box.

I agree about the sets' look. Very cool. Let me know if you want the Plane from 60015.

No sale. They just priced matched the sets using their iPad. I didn't know 60015 was an exclusive until afterwards (lego.com lists it has hard to get).

post-3743-0-10241000-1378835567_thumb.jp

Livin' the dream...

Got a 70010 Chi Temple for 78.26 including tax.  Edit: might be able to get more, do you guys feel good about this set?  I only hope it doesn't get the Goblin King treatment and heavy discounts.

Livin' the dream...

Got a 70010 Chi Temple for 78.26 including tax.  Edit: might be able to get more, do you guys feel good about this set?  I only hope it doesn't get the Goblin King treatment and heavy discounts.

If there's ever going to be a strong performer from the Chima line, this is most likely to be it.  It's the most iconic location of the Chima world (under the Chi Falls from Mt. Kevora), and it's a really cool set with a rare color scheme to boot (Chima gold and brown).

Nice price on this too, although you may be waiting awhile for this to EOL, though.

• Like 1

Bought the lost city of atlantis off bricklink.  NIB for 60 plus shipping.  No idea what shipping will be yet.  Not the best price but I'm itching to build it with my kid.

Not sure if I will even get it though since it looks like the seller hasn't been active for awhile....