What Lego set did you buy today?

Got quite a large haul today:

6 Captain American Cycles

4 Arctic Batman

3 Spiderman/Venom

4 Gandalf Polybag (was surprised to see these on the end cap. I bought a bunch back in April, and didn`t expect to see them again).

7 Series 11 figs (no Scarecrow unfortunately.)

The sets were all 20% off (best I can do up here) and the figs/polys were regular retail. Overall, I`m very happy!  :thumbsup:

Got this from a thrift/collectible (this is just a google image) store today....Super excited! I need to build it to verify the pieces are all there, but I did verify all minifigs are there as well as the instructions. Sweet!

51YEqCkDneL.jpg

Great find! How much did that gem cost? I am assuming you got a sweet deal if you found it in a thrift store. Congrats!

• Like 1

Got this from a thrift/collectible (this is just a google image) store today....Super excited! I need to build it to verify the pieces are all there, but I did verify all minifigs are there as well as the instructions. Sweet!

51YEqCkDneL.jpg

Nice score! (I don't even care what you bought it for! :D) Even though this set came out a few years before I was born. LOL 

That set kind of is reminding me of Lincoln Logs or something. I really like the name of the set though: "Fort Legoredo". ;)

• Like 1

Great find! How much did that gem cost? I am assuming you got a sweet deal if you found it in a thrift store. Congrats!

50 bucks. Not astronomically great, but this place was more of an antique store that a true thrift store, despite the fact they were called Lady Anne's thrift shop. I still think it was a good deal at 50 considering I got the box in fairly decent shape and the instructions. I found it on CL and called them immediately, but someone else was already "holding" it. When they didn't show up she held it for me and I went and picked it up this morning!

50 bucks. Not astronomically great, but this place was more of an antique store that a true thrift store, despite the fact they were called Lady Anne's thrift shop. I still think it was a good deal at 50 considering I got the box in fairly decent shape and the instructions. I found it on CL and called them immediately, but someone else was already "holding" it. When they didn't show up she held it for me and I went and picked it up this morning!

$50 is a great price for that set! Good for you! That's awesome. I built that one a few years ago and had a blast with it. Assuming its mostly there you should do well on it.

Guest eightbrick

51YEqCkDneL.jpg

Fort Legoredo? Are you kidding me? And it's the first version too (rereleased in 2002)! Awesome sauce man, I hope you keep that beauty for yourself!

Fort Legoredo? Are you kidding me? And it's the first version too (rereleased in 2002)! Awesome sauce man, I hope you keep that beauty for yourself!

Yeah, I'm pretty happy to get to build this. But my kids aren't really fans of it, so this will probably be something I do for me and then maybe in a few months sell for a little profit. Maybe I'll post it on BC once that goes up so a real fan can get a chance to get it a little cheaper and build it when I'm done. We'll see.

Dare I ask if this set is heading EOL this year?

It is. Official LEGO announcement is that it will be retiring at the end of this year, due to the little scandal over its resemblance to a mosque. 

http://community.brickpicker.com/topic/2786-lego-backs-down-over-jabbas-palace-accelerated-eol-for-9516-due-to-controversy/page-5?hl=jabba#entry88614

• Like 1