What Lego set did you buy today?

Just scored set 5976 and 7411 for $32 shipped off of ebay.  Finally got my complete Achu along with the set he came in plus 7144.  I am having a lot of problems stopping myself from buying sets that I think are a good deals. Already spent way too much this month. I definitely have a problem :hmm:

I need a blog post on exactly that, walking away from sets that are good deals but not good performers.  It would also be helpful if this future author broke down the best way to determine if a set at a certain price meets that criteria.  Subjective, I know, but I'd still like to hear what others are doing and compare notes...

Wow, that polybag is listed for regular retail. What a pleasant surprise for once.

Yep, I was surprised, although it took me a week to find something to order with them to get free shipping.

My TRU is real inconsistent with the stuff they get in, especially polybags.  We never saw the Lone Ranger polybags.

Stopped by a walmart that never has a clearance aisle.  Well, they finally have 4 aisles of toy clearance.  They had the Castle Gatehouse Raid 70402 at 50% off clearance for $15.  There was a stack of about 20.  I only grabbed 2 because I'm not sure of this line....maybe good to part out?  Anybody have thoughts on this one?

Stopped by a walmart that never has a clearance aisle. Well, they finally have 4 aisles of toy clearance. They had the Castle Gatehouse Raid 70402 at 50% off clearance for $15. There was a stack of about 20. I only grabbed 2 because I'm not sure of this line....maybe good to part out? Anybody have thoughts on this one?

Personally, I would have bought more, probably all of them. You could sell them at retail this Xmas and make a little right now, or hold for awhile to let them appreciate. Castle has always been a very popular theme, and anything castle that is 50% off should be bought in my opinion. Should be an easy sell. A couple years ago I bought a bunch of blacksmith attacks #6918 for $5 each from Walmart clearance. Retail was $10. i Sold them all this past holiday season for $17-$25 each plus shipping. People like castle stuff. With that kind of discount there isn't too much risk here.