What Lego set did you buy today?

Guest ph4tb0i

Did a trade

1 41999 Crawler + 1 Tower Bridge + $50 Cash + 60006 Police ATV for a used Cafe Corner MINT, complete, and original (not Brick Linked). 

Guest eightbrick

Did a trade

1 41999 Crawler + 1 Tower Bridge + $50 Cash + 60006 Police ATV for a used Cafe Corner MINT, complete, and original (not Brick Linked). 

Sounds like a decent deal to me. Does that complete your modular collelction?

Did a trade

How do you tell  BL set apart from an original? I plan on picking these up for myself within the next year.

Nice trade btw...that's what I call trading up!

Guest ph4tb0i

Well, I have to take his word on it as that's what he said. :P If I see part subs obviously I'll be peeved but he's a Lego enthusiast and collector like me. :)

I think it was great for both sides. It's obvious the crawler and tower bridge will go up in value, while I got something I needed to complete my modular collection. 

I was out at one of our Wal-Marts today that is still clearancing some stuff.  It's still in a little disarray.  They had an endcap display of Series 11 minifigures lying on it's back on one of the shelves by the bikes and bike helmets.  I don't usually smoosh, because I don't like taking the time to do it.  I did smoosh a little this time and picked up a couple Gingerbread Men, 3 Yeti's and a Alien Marine dude.  I forgot the Scarecrow and Elves were in this series.  I might smoosh a little for those as well.  I only had to search through about 15 or so to get what I listed.  Maybe the Yetis will be plentiful.

As soon as I had them together my 5-year old grabbed one of each and walked into his room and put them on his shelf..

2 Unexpected Journeys 49.00 EACH

a bunch of Series 7 and Series 8 CMF for 2.19 EACH

I'm happy with it as the kids love to open the CMF's up.

FWIW, anyone in the DE/PA area....the Tri-State K-mart still has a good amount of 7s and 8s for that price.  The Boothwyn WAL-MART is running low...but they had 3 or 4 Unexpected Journeys left, a number of Goblin Kings (I'm assumming 69.00), some Misc Star Wars(Droid Escape) and  few Hulks clearanced still. 

2 Unexpected Journeys 49.00 EACH

a bunch of Series 7 and Series 8 CMF for 2.19 EACH

I'm happy with it as the kids love to open the CMF's up.

FWIW, anyone in the DE/PA area....the Tri-State K-mart still has a good amount of 7s and 8s for that price.  The Boothwyn WAL-MART is running low...but they had 3 or 4 Unexpected Journeys left, a number of Goblin Kings (I'm assumming 69.00), some Misc Star Wars(Droid Escape) and  few Hulks clearanced still. 

Thanks for the info. To bad I am not in the area to buy them.