What Lego set did you buy today?

Pretty much reposting what I just did in the clearance deal thread. Heh heh, this felt good!

The Hobbit

79010 - The Goblin King Battle: $65

i also picked up one 79010 for $65.  i like all the hobbit sets so finally glad to get one on the cheap.   now i only need the barrel escape for having the entire set for my  non-investing collection.

Since now seems like the time to pick up as many Super Heroes Batman sets as we can, I picked up 2 Batmobile and Two-Face Chase sets at Wal-Mart @ $35 each.  It seems like this set has been slowly disappearing around here.

I think all the Batman sets have disappeared completely from my stores except for some Catwoman Catcycle City Chase sets at Target.

i also picked up one 79010 for $65.  i like all the hobbit sets so finally glad to get one on the cheap.   now i only need the barrel escape for having the entire set for my  non-investing collection.

Same here. I am now also the proud owner of all Lord of the Rings sets short of this year's new ones. I am so tempted right now to just build that Helm's Deep with my two Uruk-hai Armies to go alongside it for a massive fort!

I got a 41999 today at Woodlands Mall. I thought it was the last one in Houston. Another member thought HE had bought the last one last night, so actually I figure they still have some on hold. Ah, well. If you picked one up there after 2 pm 8/23/13, speak up. It would be cool if we could track the last one sold. That goes for any city, for that matter.

Picked up a used harry potter hungarian horntail for $100. Building it now!

Great price for that set, not much of a build, however.

Don't Forget The Mine is retiring in Dec, so get them while you can

Haven't seen one of those in a store in months.  Was lucky enough to pick up 2 of them for 70% off at a Target.  They have never returned.

Haven't seen one of those in a store in months.  Was lucky enough to pick up 2 of them for 70% off at a Target.  They have never returned.

They are still in our Wal-Marts for $69 and all 3 of my local KMarts have 2-3 each marked clearance for $95.  They'll hit $47.50 each during the 50% off toy clearance sale.

I went to check one of my walmarts that still has some weathertops at $40 to see if they came down a little further. no luck on those, but while I was checking the rest of the clearance aisle I stumbled upon 6 vampire castles for $69/each. these were not there the past few weeks, and I check this store at least once a week. the boxes were all in pristine condition, so I am thinking they found two cases in the back room (3 sets per case?) that were possibly misplaced. I already have 10, but with this set going away soon and with Halloween around the corner I figured why not. the set is a winner. my kids have one and it really is a great looking set.

then I went to another walmart 30 miles away and picked up 5 more unexpected gatherings at $49/each. I really like this set as well. I think it will become "the burrow" of the hobbit theme, and approach the $200 mark in a couple of years.

happy hunting!

I went to check one of my walmarts that still has some weathertops at $40 to see if they came down a little further. no luck on those, but while I was checking the rest of the clearance aisle I stumbled upon 6 vampire castles for $69/each. these were not there the past few weeks, and I check this store at least once a week. the boxes were all in pristine condition, so I am thinking they found two cases in the back room (3 sets per case?) that were possibly misplaced. I already have 10, but with this set going away soon and with Halloween around the corner I figured why not. the set is a winner. my kids have one and it really is a great looking set.

I sure wouldn't mind finding a Vampyre Castle in store for $69. I'm only missing that and the Haunted House for my collection. Here's to hoping at least one appears around my area for no good reason.

...then I went to another walmart 30 miles away and picked up 5 more unexpected gatherings at $49/each. I really like this set as well. I think it will become "the burrow" of the hobbit theme, and approach the $200 mark in a couple of years.

happy hunting!

I 110% agree...I've always had the same comparison

3 Attack of the Wargs for $69 total. KMart is having their 20% off clearanced toys and these were marked at $27 plus 20% off.

They had other sets in the clearance aisle but these were the best discount. The bigger sets like The Mine and Goblin Battle and some medium Star Wars sets were discounted but didn't have a clearance sticker.

Seeing that I had to walk the cashier to the toy aisle to show her the 20% off clearance sign, i disn't push my luck.

K-Mart on Rockpoint Drive near Valley View, OH. They have multiple toy clearance aisles