What Lego set did you buy today?

15x 76002 @ $1 each! Walmart app really proved itself today. I randomly checked my usual sets last night (which this set is NOT one of) and when I chose it by mistake and it showed one store had them in stock at $1, I couldn't believe it. All the other 10 stores were at full $12.97 retail price. I assumed they'd be gone, or only 1 or 2 left, but hope, 15! Finally hit pay dirt at Walmart!

-PB

A-W-E-S-O-M-E

15x 76002 @ $1 each! Walmart app really proved itself today. I randomly checked my usual sets last night (which this set is NOT one of) and when I chose it by mistake and it showed one store had them in stock at $1, I couldn't believe it. All the other 10 stores were at full $12.97 retail price. I assumed they'd be gone, or only 1 or 2 left, but hope, 15! Finally hit pay dirt at Walmart!

-PB

1,300% return on paper already good job!!!

Thanks, I can finally join the 70% off club! Woot woot!

So, if the 15 $1 Superman sets weren't good enough, I went to another Walmart I've never gone to afterwards to follow up on the app saying Wargs for $20 and Mirkwoods for $15, but "limited stock" so I didn't feel good about my chances. Let's just say I was wrong.

First off, got to the LEGO aisle, pretty messy. 0 LOTR or Hobbit sets. Literally 0. Checked a few random things, not necessarily clearance. Ready to give up, but determination persevered a day I found dead a clearance area on the other side of the store! 10 Wargs, 11 Mirkwoods! Also, get ready, 4x Dolphin Cruiser for $20!

Then, as if that wasn't enough, after digging behind other random junk I found a Battle Smallville for $11! Remembered seeing a few in the regular aisle, I was right and I grabbed 3 more. Oh, and the new Friends Stage, normally $20, sticker said $13, rang up for $7! Got all 6. Also, 1 Creator Plane and 1 Sponge Undersea Party for half off.

I obviously got everything, but I left 5 each Wargs and Mirkwoods.

Oh happy day! Will post a full breakdown later once my hands stop shaking!

-PB

Thanks, I can finally join the 70% off club! Woot woot!

So, if the 15 $1 Superman sets weren't good enough, I went to another Walmart I've never gone to afterwards to follow up on the app saying Wargs for $20 and Mirkwoods for $15, but "limited stock" so I didn't feel good about my chances. Let's just say I was wrong.

First off, got to the LEGO aisle, pretty messy. 0 LOTR or Hobbit sets. Literally 0. Checked a few random things, not necessarily clearance. Ready to give up, but determination persevered a day I found dead a clearance area on the other side of the store! 10 Wargs, 11 Mirkwoods! Also, get ready, 4x Dolphin Cruiser for $20!

Then, as if that wasn't enough, after digging behind other random junk I found a Battle Smallville for $11! Remembered seeing a few in the regular aisle, I was right and I grabbed 3 more. Oh, and the new Friends Stage, normally $20, sticker said $13, rang up for $7! Got all 6. Also, 1 Creator Plane and 1 Sponge Undersea Party for half off.

I obviously got everything, but I left 5 each Wargs and Mirkwoods.

Oh happy day! Will post a full breakdown later once my hands stop shaking!

-PB

I'm definitely jealous, as I believe this is around my area. Oh well, ya snooze, ya loose. I see that the Metropolis Showdown is now showing out of stock in the location it was reporting earlier. I guess the Walmart app stays pretty up-to-date, which is cool to see.

Please tell me you didn't find the others in the Fremont/Union City/San Leandro area ... :( If so, anything left there worth grabbing?

As for myself, I stopped by Toys R Us today during lunch, hoping against hope that they might have a Crawler, but no such luck. They did have The Lone Ranger Cavalry builder for $10, so I grabbed one. They had the Super Racer for $10, so I grabbed one of those too. Also grabbed two of the lawnmower polybags they had. I figure I can build these few sets with my son and daughter this weekend for some quick, fun builds. Grabbed a couple Series 10 minifigs, too, and ended up with a Medusa. 

I'm definitely jealous, as I believe this is around my area. Oh well, ya snooze, ya loose. I see that the Metropolis Showdown is now showing out of stock in the location it was reporting earlier. I guess the Walmart app stays pretty up-to-date, which is cool to see.

Please tell me you didn't find the others in the Fremont/Union City/San Leandro area ... :( If so, anything left there worth grabbing?

As for myself, I stopped by Toys R Us today during lunch, hoping against hope that they might have a Crawler, but no such luck. They did have The Lone Ranger Cavalry builder for $10, so I grabbed one. They had the Super Racer for $10, so I grabbed one of those too. Also grabbed two of the lawnmower polybags they had. I figure I can build these few sets with my son and daughter this weekend for some quick, fun builds. Grabbed a couple Series 10 minifigs, too, and ended up with a Medusa. 

Sorry, but I did. san Leandro. I PM'd you about it just now.

Guest betsy805

$100 Lego gift card for $80 from Craigslist.

you must live in Seattle area too?! I saw that post.  Now what are you going to get with it?

Guest betsy805

EUC 8265 front loader, 10133 BNSF train, and 10173 holiday train....all for $290.  Quick flips, all of them.  Also a Heartlake High for $40

Guest betsy805

Pm me on the train. I really want one.

just replied :)  And holy cow, when I said quick flip I didn't think it would be this quick!  The BNSF sold within 5 minutes of listing for $180!

Helm's Deep $80.00 Target!  Only had one, but they also had a Black Gate for 30.00 off.  Wish I had gone on Thursday.  

Note: The Helms Deep was not clearance; it was yellow tagged on the aisle and said $40.00 off.  I was happy, but this is the one I want 2 to build and 2 to save.  I had 1 already.  Now I just need to find 2 more.

Helm's Deep $80.00 Target!  Only had one, but they also had a Black Gate for 30.00 off.  Wish I had gone on Thursday.  

Note: The Helms Deep was not clearance; it was yellow tagged on the aisle and said $40.00 off.  I was happy, but this is the one I want 2 to build and 2 to save.  I had 1 already.  Now I just need to find 2 more.

Nice find!

• Like 1

Craigslist find:

New: 10188, 10221, 10227, 7877, 75014, 9494, 75004, 7961, 9460, 9498, 7749, 7962, 7879, 75002, 75003.

Used, complete: 6210, 9516, 75005, 9492, 9493, 9495, 7965, 9525, 9500, 7163, 7679, 9497, 7964, 7930, 7959, 7957.

Plus 7 sealed battlepacks and ten polybags.

Grand total: $1,000

Going through the additional tub of bricks i got with this, I found some more: a Boba Fett alarm clock, a 10176 baseplate, 4 32x32 green baseplates, 2 complete boat hulls, and what looks like 3 more sets, probably not complete: 8098, 7675, and 7672.