What Lego set did you buy today?

Guest eightbrick

hehe i'm waiting for a sale to get that too. Looks like a neat little set!

Yeah, it feels like a better value than Gandalf Arrives.

Guest eightbrick

From my guy that works with Lego. I'm scheduled to get 2 of the Limited Edition Crawler from him for half off this week. 

NO FAIR!

Craigslist find:

New: 10188, 10221, 10227, 7877, 75014, 9494, 75004, 7961, 9460, 9498, 7749, 7962, 7879, 75002, 75003.

Used, complete: 6210, 9516, 75005, 9492, 9493, 9495, 7965, 9525, 9500, 7163, 7679, 9497, 7964, 7930, 7959, 7957.

Plus 7 sealed battlepacks and ten polybags.

Grand total: $1,000

I visited three different Walmart stores in the past couple of days and ended up with some good (for our area) clearance deals.

5x Riddle of the Ring $7

3x Friends Stage $13

3x Wargs $35

5x SpongeBob Flying Dutchman $17

1x Unexpected Gathering $49

1x Hulk's Helicarrier $35

That took care of what I had left in the August Lego budget, but September and the yummy VIP deals are just around the corner, so looking forward to a good buying month there, too.

I've put the Friends and 1 each of the Warg and Flying Dutchman into the vault, the rest to part out for minifigs on eBay and Bricklink everything else.

Just brought 2 of each TB, EV, HH half off. And a MF for $80.

Daaammmnnn! That's awesomely amazing! :danced:

Brand new 9574 LLOYD ZX

for retail ($9.99)

at TRU !!!

I can't decide which of those 3 lines is more shocking :D :D :D  I asked if they had more than 1, but no dice.

....I think I just s**t a brick hearing that. Incredible all around.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d2af96DAS2U

15x 76002 @ $1 each! Walmart app really proved itself today. I randomly checked my usual sets last night (which this set is NOT one of) and when I chose it by mistake and it showed one store had them in stock at $1, I couldn't believe it. All the other 10 stores were at full $12.97 retail price. I assumed they'd be gone, or only 1 or 2 left, but hope, 15! Finally hit pay dirt at Walmart!

-PB

15x 76002 @ $1 each! Walmart app really proved itself today. I randomly checked my usual sets last night (which this set is NOT one of) and when I chose it by mistake and it showed one store had them in stock at $1, I couldn't believe it. All the other 10 stores were at full $12.97 retail price. I assumed they'd be gone, or only 1 or 2 left, but hope, 15! Finally hit pay dirt at Walmart!

-PB

Nice. Yeah it's probably an error in their pricing system. I noticed one of my area WM has the Catwoman set for $2 but it shows none in stock. I've been buying Hulk Helicarrier breakout at a Walmart for $15 every time they would restock. For some reason it continues to scan for $15. I managed to score 9 of them at that price over the last couple months. Sometimes Walmarts system is stupid. Except now we are able to track those errors a lot better.

-PB

I think you are in NorCal, right? Was this in a Walmart in the East Bay? I've seen that price listed at a Walmart there for about a week and a half, but I haven't had a chance to make the drive over there. If so, it looks like I don't need it to be nagging me anymore ;) Congrats!

Just got back from Walmart:

(6) 79002 Attach of the Wargs for $25 each

(5) 9498 Saesee Tiin's Jedi Starfighter for $15 each.

The Walmart app also said they had a few other things in stock like Mirkwood Spiders for $15 and Riddles for $7 which I would have cleared out as well but I couldn't find them. Scoured the store... no go.