What Lego set did you buy today?

Love finding cheap HP sets.  I picked up a lot of HP on Craigslist a few months back for $160 and sold stuff on ebay for about $400 and kept a Hungarian Horntail set, Buckbeak, and Dungeon Troll for myself. 

So I drove the the place that I heard had HP sets.  Yes, they had a few, but all of it was marked up drastically, so I left it.  They had a few other sets, but nothing worth grabbing.  I drive up the street to find a walmart, and go look through the clearance section.  Nothing worth while.  Now I stop in the neighboring Goodwill store, and they had a 6991 Monorail sitting on the shelf! Flip it over and it was $8.  I have no idea whether it works or not, but will be putting it together soon.  It came with the box and everything! I will post pictures soon.

So I drove the the place that I heard had HP sets.  Yes, they had a few, but all of it was marked up drastically, so I left it.  They had a few other sets, but nothing worth grabbing.  I drive up the street to find a walmart, and go look through the clearance section.  Nothing worth while.  Now I stop in the neighboring Goodwill store, and they had a 6991 Monorail sitting on the shelf! Flip it over and it was $8.  I have no idea whether it works or not, but will be putting it together soon.  It came with the box and everything! I will post pictures soon.

Great find. Only if I could find a Lego at a Goodwill.

Sadly, it seems the clearance free-for-all at Walmart is over for the season.  But if you dig for deals, and find the clearance stuff that is left, the prices are amazing!

Today I grabbed two Goblin King Battles at $47 each!  I had passed these same two sets at $69 several times, but just about had a heart attack when I saw that $47 price tag!  I also got five Attack of the Wargs at $27 each.  This is especially sweet for me because I completely strike out at this particular Walmart about 95% of the time. 

Guest eightbrick

Sadly, it seems the clearance free-for-all at Walmart is over for the season.  But if you dig for deals, and find the clearance stuff that is left, the prices are amazing!

Today I grabbed two Goblin King Battles at $47 each!  I had passed these same two sets at $69 several times, but just about had a heart attack when I saw that $47 price tag!  I also got five Attack of the Wargs at $27 each.  This is especially sweet for me because I completely strike out at this particular Walmart about 95% of the time. 

Free-for-all over? In my parts, there never was a free-for-all, mostly just a couple discounts that dropped prices to a bit below US MSRP. Capitalize on those deals if you have them, folks!

Man I wish I saw that - I passed on a Goblin Battle at $59. I would buy it right around 50 though.

I just grabbed a SSD 10221 off Ebay - sealed and Mint for $312!!!

Saw this too. They also had a DS at 300. And a Tower Bridge and Town Hall combined for 300---Hope it's legit. The SSD and DS had what looked like real pics, but who knows....the TB and TH were stock photos.

Saw this too. They also had a DS at 300. And a Tower Bridge and Town Hall combined for 300---Hope it's legit. The SSD and DS had what looked like real pics, but who knows....the TB and TH were stock photos.

I am pretty sure - looking at their history - they buy storage units or something of that nature. They had only sold a few Lego sets, but they were all at decent prices that were relatively low but would move fast. They had real pictures.

I ran the SSD picture through google and didn't find anything.

Feedback is good too. As long as it isn't drop shipped, should be legit.

Same seller has UCS R2D2 for 162 shipped.

Was about to pull the trigger, but something doesn't sit right with me. They two available and the picture shown is one I found elsewhere:

His/her listing:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Lego-Star-Wars-R2-D2-10225-New-Sealed-Mint-/190887350580?pt=Building_Toys_US&hash=item2c71c5d134

Found the same pic on this posting for ebay.it:

http://annunci.ebay.it/annunci/collezionismo-e-fai-da-te/firenze-annunci-barberino-val-d-elsa/lego-star-wars-10225-r2-d2-nuovo/35861444

Dunno... someone tell me its legit so I can buy this thing.. :)

I am pretty sure - looking at their history - they buy storage units or something of that nature. They had only sold a few Lego sets, but they were all at decent prices that were relatively low but would move fast. They had real pictures.

I ran the SSD picture through google and didn't find anything.

Feedback is good too. As long as it isn't drop shipped, should be legit.

I think I found where the SSD pic came from:

http://articulo.mercadolibre.com.mx/MLM-425846808-remato-super-star-destroyer-lego-star-wars-10221-_JM

So I drove the the place that I heard had HP sets. Yes, they had a few, but all of it was marked up drastically, so I left it. They had a few other sets, but nothing worth grabbing. I drive up the street to find a walmart, and go look through the clearance section. Nothing worth while. Now I stop in the neighboring Goodwill store, and they had a 6991 Monorail sitting on the shelf! Flip it over and it was $8. I have no idea whether it works or not, but will be putting it together soon. It came with the box and everything! I will post pictures soon.

That is AMAZING!! Please keep us posted on this find. I check goodwill every once in awhile. I will need to start checking more often. The only thing I ever found lego related was an unopened ninjago booster pack for $2. Retail on it was like $10. I just gave it to my son...lol. Congrats!!