What Lego set did you buy today?

4 creative ambush from target at $24/each.

From lego shop at home clearance/double VIP sale...

5 coast guard planes

4 flying flushers

2 rescue reinforcements

2 shredder lairs (used $10 of points to get these lower)

I plan on bundling my lego movie sets together when the second movie comes out. The bundle will include Benny's, cloud cuckoo, creative ambush, flying flusher, and evil lair. I also plan on bundling all of my first wave tmnt into lots as well, so I bought a couple shredder lairs to go with them. I'm hoping to find more of these at a bigger discount during upcoming clearance sales.

Made another stop at the Mom & Pop Pharmacy today.  They are running 25% off all Hasbro and LEGO.  All of the older LEGO is MSRP, but they are starting to mark-up at least 10% on the new stuff they're getting in.

I got all of this 25% off.  I left a Helm's Deep (nice condition) and Jabba's Palace (crease in the middle) behind.  If anyone wants them for a decent deal off their reseller special prices, shoot me a PM.

Helm's Deep - $104.99

Millennium Falcon - $97.49

Pet Salon - $22.49

Creative Bucket 10662 - $24.89.

• Like 3

Bought a Ferris Wheel last week from ebay.  It was listed for $20 + $8 shipping.  I didn't expect much out of this deal.

The package arrived today and surprisingly it includes the original box, 3 manuals, motor, and many pieces.  I haven't verified the completeness yet but it looks pretty promising.   Oh well, for the price I paid, I am extremely happy.

• Like 4

4x 21007 Rockefeller Center. Figured it's retired so why not.

1x 7965 MF at inflated TRU price. It was the last one. Minty box.

@ 25+lb lot of Lego from a hot mom for $65. She wanted more but I explained to her that the KREO Transformers were not Lego. Looks like a whole bunch of Dino sets in there Plus the usual SW and City.

• Like 1

Good moves of the day:

Picking up 5 of 21102 Minecraft and 2 of 21106 Minecraft along with my first 4 of 8 Fallingwater I have reserved at the local B&******'s clearing them out and 4 more R2's incoming for Turbo flip over my goal quantity, and 3 of 10 Santa's Workshop came in.

Bonehead move of the day:

Not buying a ton of the bat bot at Amazon on the assumption it was flooding the market.

Related to above retirement question of the day (retiring related):

My 2 B&****** have TONS of Minecraft 21102, 21106 and 21107.

I cannot afford everything and they do not have 21105 so I cannot make complete sets.

If I focused on scooping up a bunch of one or two which would you fill up on first and second?

6 Family Houses at 1 Target, $42 each.  Managed to find a stashed $23 Creative Ambush there as well. Bought 5 $29 MHC's at a store I could have bought 10 at yesterday.  I am hesitant on keeping all of the MHCs though, I missed out on the April $16 frenzy.  Found a small girl LEGO head container for $1.67 as well, regular $7 or something.

Good moves of the day:

If I focused on scooping up a bunch of one or two which would you fill up on first and second?

i would get equal quantities of both - maybe a few more of the village than the forest.  Forest seem like it has been available longer.  village snuck out into EOL -land and gets more by itself.  i think you will make just as much money selling individual boxes as paired sets other than the cost savings of shipping 4 vs 1.  i have been snagging these as well.  

i have 8 FW's waiting for me at 3 BNs.

also bought 10 RIs this morning and another WVM from target.