What Lego set did you buy today?

I had a pretty good craigslist score today. Bought the following used lot. All look to be complete upon first inspection.

10173 holiday train

4512 cargo train

6990 space monorail

6921 monorail accessory track

6211 imperial star destroyer

7823 container crane depot

4520 curved track (new/unopened)

a huge tote of extra 9V train track

all for the grand sum of $350. lot calculator shows a bp value of $1236, not including the extra tote of track. I am super stoked and cant wait to dig into this, but it wil probably have to wait until after the holidays since I have been so busy lately.

• Like 5

I had a pretty good craigslist score today. Bought the following used lot. All look to be complete upon first inspection.

10173 holiday train

4512 cargo train

6990 space monorail

all for the grand sum of $350. lot calculator shows a bp value of $1236, not including the extra tote of track. I am super stoked and cant wait to dig into this, but it wil probably have to wait until after the holidays since I have been so busy lately.

WOW I am super jealous. I would have bought that to keep, nicely done.

• Like 1

10173 holiday train

4512 cargo train

6990 space monorail

Get that train up and ready to sell. Nows the time!!! That is a sweet train to put around the Xmas tree though!

Get that train up and ready to sell. Nows the time!!! That is a sweet train to put around the Xmas tree though!

That was my first thought as well, but by the time I go through it properly, inventory it, test it, take quality pictures, and get it online it will be too close to Christmas. I'll save it for next season, unless we decide to keep it. If I didn't have a "real" job consuming 12-14 hours of my day I'd have more time. Sigh....

Bought at lunchtime:

- 2 x 76014 Spider-Trike vs. Electro for 9.56 euro each.

- 76010 The Penguin Face-off for 9.56 euro.

- 2 x 76015 Doc Ock Truck Heist for 15.96 euro each.

- 2 x 76016 Spider-Helicopter Rescue for 31.96 euro each.

and a duplo large green baseplate for 10.36 euro for my son to build his big zoo on.

Bought 2x SSD and 1x HH at Legoland yesterday.

As I carried the first SSD to the register, and stood in line, I got asked about 5 different times, "is that your Christmas present? How many pieces is that? How long will it take for you to put it together."

I just smiled and said, "yes, it's my Christmas present, 3200 pieces, and a very long time."

• Like 2

Bought 2x SSD and 1x HH at Legoland yesterday.

As I carried the first SSD to the register, and stood in line, I got asked about 5 different times, "is that your Christmas present? How many pieces is that? How long will it take for you to put it together."

I just smiled and said, "yes, it's my Christmas present, 3200 pieces, and a very long time."

If only they knew...

Missed the Amazon batcaves at $42 so I went to Target...most people in line for tvs and iPads, so easy going thru the store, weaving back to toy section. Turn down Lego isle and 2 soccer moms are talking to a store employee about "why aren't the legos marked 40% off like the add." He doesn't know at first and while he is looking at the ad to tell them that it's only the 4 sets shown, I slip by and grab the last Batcave. I scan for jek's and family house, but nothin is there, so I head out. Not quite as good as the year I nabbed the last Black Pearl, but still pretty good!