What Lego set did you buy today?

Well.  Guess I'm running to Walgreens tomorrow.  I'm sure it's only Series 3 (that's all I've ever seen at mine), but, never too early to start building my Series 3 sets when they are 20% off.

I know this isn't the topic for this, but can you explain to me how selling mixel's work? Is it as simple as buy them up at 20% off (or more) and then listing them on Ebay a year later at 15$+ a piece. Will they really sell for that? Is there some secret that I'm missing out on? Any threads I should read?

I tried searching the forums for mixels but it basically returns 50% of all topics :( 

I know this isn't the topic for this, but can you explain to me how selling mixel's work? Is it as simple as buy them up at 20% off (or more) and then listing them on Ebay a year later at 15$+ a piece. Will they really sell for that? Is there some secret that I'm missing out on? Any threads I should read?

I tried searching the forums for mixels but it basically returns 50% of all topics :(

Maybe you should sell a few things and work your way up to them.  You can sell these 50 different ways and sellers just pick their best method.  The ideal way is sell them as a set by series, but you can sell them many different other ways too.

• Like 1

Maybe you should sell a few things and work your way up to them.  You can sell these 50 different ways and sellers just pick their best method.  The ideal way is sell them as a set by series, but you can sell them many different other ways too.

Thanks for the overview, I read through the 'Mixels 2014' thread and learned a little more from there. 

I've just started with fun investing this month and am up to 5 TH and 3 GE but know I need to sit on those for a while. I flipped a few new Minecraft sets and that was fun so wanted to try my hand at some Mixels. Not looking to become a powerseller but this stuff is a really fun hobby for me and I'm addicted to this forum. :)

Well.  Guess I'm running to Walgreens tomorrow.  I'm sure it's only Series 3 (that's all I've ever seen at mine), but, never too early to start building my Series 3 sets when they are 20% off.

In the spirit of Mixels I did the same thing, built about 4 sets at 20% off.  Thats what series 2 was at LEGO so I'm happy with that.

Also found about 2 partial boxes of Series 2 Mixels at Wal-Mart, of course minus my nemesis FLURR!

Also a ToO, Tumbler, SW, and 4 SW Advents 

You got the quick overview. Stay tuned for the Mixels article I'm working on.
  • Like 4

Bought all nice, clean and used complete(no boxes)-10221 Super Star Destroyer a 10227 B-Wing and a 75059 Sandcrawler for $750 shipped. Coming from an adult collector who displayed them in a sweet SW room which is a nice touch. Keeping these for me will allow me to unload all my MIB SSDs and my MIB B-Wing when the time is right. Cross the Sandcrawler off my UCS want list. woot!

These arrived today. Can't wait to open up the box. Now to practice the Jedi mind trick. " No, honey I didn't just buy these. I've had them tucked away for a while now."
  • Like 2

I still feel like it is way too early to be Purchasing 60052 Cargo Train.  I pulled the trigger on (5) From Amazon UK for just under $140 delivered.

Trying to take advantage of the exchange rate and discounted set.  This will do, my opinion only, very well post EOL.  Great playability with the set accessories.

Already motorized.

Also from Amazon UK, (3) 42030 Volvo originally bought for $176, but after discussing errors in their packing (no packing materials) I was able to secure 11.06 off of each for a 165.xx buy in.  Also very early in the production cycle but at that price I couldn't pass them up.  So many power functions included in this set.

Easy choice.

Purchases so far this fall season:

Been stocking up on AA up to (9) now.

(12) 10235 from (1) just a month ago.  I will be returning two of them to Target for damaged box reasons.

(2) more 10218 (8) total

(2) more 10225 (4) total

(1) 10223 (10) total now at my limit

(1) NIOB 10232 120.00 personal build from A-WHD

(1) 10236 took advanage of 25% off from Amazon final price 199.95

(3) 10240 NIB from ebay $150 each shipped

(2) 10237 ToO: Target full retail (boo hiss)

(6) Santas workshop so far this season (migh tbe flipping them) I have to be confident they will be back next fall.

(3) more (14 total) 42006 from A-UK for under $55 shipped

(3) 70816 Spaceship for 70.xx shipped A-UK Not the lowest I have seen but my best price

(2) 79017 got the 14.95 price match...odd buy

(2) Cases of series 12 minifigs for 2.99+tax each (Target pricing error). 

Doing my best to stay focused this season.  Last fall I was buying too much misc stuff on deep discount.

I went out at lunch and picked up my Wal-Mart stuff and made a couple other stops.

3 x Olivia's House - $39

2 x AT-AP - $39

3 x Pet Salon (The last at Wal-Marts in my town) - $24.97

2 x Heartlake High (Amazon w/ bear)

Bricktober set at TRU w/ 2 Rocket Raccoons

1 set of Series 3 Mixels at Walgreen's

• Like 1