What Lego set did you buy today?

I couldn't figure it out in the store so I just got the 25 they had and will try at home. This is hard.

also, this Target had a bunch of series 2 mixels, but it was a bunch of like the same 4 or 5. I don't know anything about those things though. They were all in a box marked series 3.

Minifigs get easier to figure out the, the longer you sit and smooth.  I used to be like you - couldn't tell.  Then I smooshed Simpsons minifigs for awhile, and I was good to go.  Now I'm good with Series 12.  Just look at the photos, and try to find the unique piece in each figure.

4.99*9=44.91 how did you manage to get them @ $38?

Want to hear that, too.

Minifigs get easier to figure out the, the longer you sit and smooth. I used to be like you - couldn't tell. Then I smooshed Simpsons minifigs for awhile, and I was good to go. Now I'm good with Series 12. Just look at the photos, and try to find the unique piece in each figure.

Want to hear that, too.

lego stores have series 2 discounted .

I picked up 2 sets of series 2 Mixels for $38 per set.

4.99*9=44.91 how did you manage to get them @ $38?

If I read it correctly, the poster got the 2 complete sets at TRU with Bricktober promo.  He sold the promo to offset the cost of the Mixels sets.

Lego store has Mixels Series 2 on sales right now for $3.98 each bag, so if you buy them at local Lego store, it's not far off from $38 anyway.  I got about 5 complete sets at multiple Lego stores yesterday.

As my "carry on" for a flight home tomorrow, I am bringing 3 RI's, 5 Exo's 2 Ecto's, and 3 holiday sets. I completely underestimated how much space this would require, and refused to not keep on spending till I got the freebie.

I am going to look ridiculous. Thanks, Lego, for an addiction I can't kick.

... Gratefully, I overcame my impulse to purchase three Sandcrawlers.

I don't know anything about Mixels, are series 2 hard to find yet? They had some of those at Target too.

Having pretty good luck so far with the minifigs. Identified about half of them. I know I don't have a Princess or a Genie in these 25 since all the rest left have normal legs so I know I need to find at least two more in the wild. Ending up with a few doubles so far too, got a couple each of the wizard, pizza guy and video game guy. So far have 8 different ones identified. It's getting easier as I go along. One trick I found is to pinch the baseplate up in a corner and shake all the other parts down to the bottom so the baseplate is out of the way.

• Like 1

I don't know anything about Mixels, are series 2 hard to find yet? They had some of those at Target too.

Series 2 is starting to disappear.  They're retired.  You can still find them at Lego Stores for $3.98.  They're around other places in the wild, but they are starting to disappear slowly.  I need to heed my own advice, and finish up some sets that I'm building now.

Got two 75053 Ghosts for $19.88 each (regularly $90) thanks to the Walmart ad mistake.  There's a thread on SD about it.  Got Target to price match.

I don't know...I *really* want the Ghost now, but I don't know that I'm willing to do this.  Just seems like it's too big a price glitch to take advantage of.

• Like 1

Got two 75053 Ghosts for $19.88 each (regularly $90) thanks to the Walmart ad mistake.  There's a thread on SD about it.  Got Target to price match.

Wish we had a dislike button.  Why did you have to make Target pay for Wal-Mart's ad error?  This is why we can't have nice things.

• Like 1

While I agree that kittyoneal should not have done the Target match, I think it is a stretch to say that that is what ruins it for everyone.

For example, B&****** removing Lego's from coupons I do not think that had anything to do with price matching mistakes of other sellers.

Toys R Us coupons at the 20% level now excluding Lego's I do not think that had anything to do with price matching mistakes of other retailers.

There is plenty of reasons why one could list they have decided to exclude them but because they had to price match vendors errors I do not think is one of them.

Though ethics should be discussed I think in the ethics thread.

Series 2 is starting to disappear.  They're retired.  You can still find them at Lego Stores for $3.98.  They're around other places in the wild, but they are starting to disappear slowly.  I need to heed my own advice, and finish up some sets that I'm building now.

I don't know...I *really* want the Ghost now, but I don't know that I'm willing to do this.  Just seems like it's too big a price glitch to take advantage of.

Just so I'm clear, I didn't mean that I really want the Ghost now that this ad mistake is out.  I meant that I was bullish on the Ghost, and now that I'm completely into the cartoon, I really want it.