What Lego set did you buy today?

Grabbed a Tumbler among other things. Called up my local Lego store (2 and a bit hours away) and asked on the off chance they had one in stock. I kid you not, the clerk told me "we have exactly 1 left". They had apparently got them in that morning. Well you can imagine how I felt having not ordered at least 1 back in September (stupid, stupid move). I assumed Lego would have tons given the huge demand, oops... Anyway, I immediately had them place it on hold I drove up. Minty Box and everything. That makes Tumbler #2 for me, the other I purchased off Bricklink a couple weeks back for much more than retail. Damn I`m happy!

Hmmm, I didn't want to start a thread for this question and I thought that the best place to ask was here:

Has anyone that placed an order on LEGO Shop at Home EU since yesterday had their workshop shipped?

I placed an order yesterday and haven't received the shipping notification yet.

I will say this I am not sure if they are catching up from any early October backlog or if they are just running out of sets to ship but LEGO Shop at Home seems to be shipping orders in the last few days in less than 24 hours with the email stating it has shipped.  I have ordered a lot this month and their cycle time which was not bad is becoming almost real time.  I am not sure what this means.  The BP'ers have gotten tired of ordering, everyone has ordered most of what they want at 2x VIP or their stock has run out so what they do have they can ship quick as most things are going on backorder.  Maybe a bit of all of it.

I would like to do that, I just can't for the life of me figure out which ones are which.

I couldn't figure it out at first, but it just takes a little practice.  Feel for the unique items for each character, weapons, hats, accessories, etc.  This series isn't too hard and I went 16 for 16 without a duplicate in about 45 minutes.  The fastest way for me is to feel through the first 8 or 10 and go verify them at home, if you can go back later.  Write down which ones you need and take a little more time on your next visit to pick-up the remaining.

OK. Thanks guys. You encouraged me lol. I did a google search and this seemed helpful:

http://unusual-encounters.blogspot.com/2014/09/feeling-for-lego-minifigure-series-12.html

So I bookmarked it on my phone and heading to Target after work. I know they have them there I just saw them yesterday. Also all the Walgreens in my area have them, but at $4.13, yuck. I have a number of Targets within driving distance I am going to get a set!

I couldn't figure it out at first, but it just takes a little practice.  Feel for the unique items for each character, weapons, hats, accessories, etc.  This series isn't too hard and I went 16 for 16 without a duplicate in about 45 minutes.  The fastest way for me is to feel through the first 8 or 10 and go verify them at home, if you can go back later.  Write down which ones you need and take a little more time on your next visit to pick-up the remaining.

I do this too... I go for as many as I can get in about 10-20 minutes depending on how much time I have (it's usually 8-1- as exciter says).

OK. Thanks guys. You encouraged me lol. I did a google search and this seemed helpful:

http://unusual-encounters.blogspot.com/2014/09/feeling-for-lego-minifigure-series-12.html

So I bookmarked it on my phone and heading to Target after work. I know they have them there I just saw them yesterday. Also all the Walgreens in my area have them, but at $4.13, yuck. I have a number of Targets within driving distance I am going to get a set!

One last bit of advice. Depending on how the figures are on display.... tells you how to conduct your search. My local TRU just dumps them all in a big display bin. That means each "layer" is approximately one case. So if I dig in the same place, it seems I keep getting the same figures. Skimming across the top seems to yield better results. My local Walmart just opens up the cases and puts them on the shelf.... so depending on how messy it is tells me how bad it has been picked over. Of course YMMV depending on whether someone has already been in there to search. :)

Good luck!

I just use the notepad in my iPhone and note the minifig I just smooshed. On another note, don't be surprised if an employee hovers in your vicinity, keeping a beady eye on you. Usually I just ask them to help me, no takers yet.

I couldn't figure it out in the store so I just got the 25 they had and will try at home. This is hard.

also, this Target had a bunch of series 2 mixels, but it was a bunch of like the same 4 or 5. I don't know anything about those things though. They were all in a box marked series 3.

Edited by mscheaf