What Lego set did you buy today?

I found some more retired products at Kmart today.

Attack on Weathertop @ $31.50

6231 (Hero Factory Speeda Demon?) @ $18

4209 @ $31.50

It took me a few Kmart stores to find anything left for the 30% clearance deals now, but I'm happy! :)

Also, went to the flea market/swapmeet this morning and found something interesting. What do you all think?

Mind you, I have not gone through the boxes yet, but the guy (I trust) said that it was 99.9% complete (both).

4561 - Box is in ok condition and manual(s) still intact from what I can tell

4558 - Box is missing top cover? Scattered pieces, but can't find the right manual through all the miss inside.

9674 - NIB

Paid $100 for them. Now to part it all out and verify :sweat:

Found some great deals at wal-mart today.

7 x 79003 unexpected gathering $25

3 x 70006 Cragger's Command ship $35

1 x Goblin King Battle $49

4 x 70005 Laval's Royal Fighter $20

2 x 7500 Clone Trooper BP $6

4 x 76002 Metropolis Showdown $4

It was a good day!

• Like 3

TRU:

2 x Hobbit: Barrel Escape @ $25 each.

http://www.toysrus.com/buy/lego-the-hobbit/lego-the-hobbit-barrel-escape-79004-6022055-17058996

Not a 'super' deal, but I wanted one myself and there are some nice pieces in there for MOCs. Should I get more at that price? Seems like TRU is trying to burn down some overstock.

Same store still had a bunch of DC Funhouse, Batcave, etc. Still had some Y-Wings on the shelf...kind of on the fence on that one.

had some extra TRU rewards which I usually use to buy my personal sets.

I ended up grabbing the Technic Hovercraft and the SW Police Ship as its a TRU exclusive and I like the figs. 

I have to say, I have built several of the new Star wars sets and I am pretty satisfied with them.

I picked up the Star Wars Police Gunship this week too.  Anakin and Ahsoka in the same set and those new Shock Troopers are SWEET!

Picked up Lego Movie The Flying Flusher 70811 from Walmart. I only found 1 set from 5 Walmart and the set I got was a damaged box. Is this set really that hard to find?

Yep, especially being a Walmart exclusive. The sets for The Lego Movie I find lingering consistently is Castle Cavalry, Trash Chomper, and sometimes Target's exclusive Creative Ambush. Somehow I knew Castle Cavalry and Trash Chomper would be the most abundant even after the film premiere. I hardly see anything else on the shelves often at all but that should slow down in a couple of months I figure (hopefully).

So, got this today. As you can imagine I am reluctant to think it's real...Thoughts?

Nice, I thought for a few seconds about snatching it up, but I tried to post it to Daily Deals.  By the time I checked back, it was gone, AND IT WAS YOU!!!

Congrats, I hope it pans out.

Brickpicker: The only place you see guys whining about an AMAZING deal because they had to pay a little extra in shipping. Haha.

-I don't always going shopping, but when I do I buy Lego-

Yeah well, $50 the seller takes is $50 I don't make in profit, lol.

75 expedited isnt too far off, but if they ship it budget can you file a case since they took 50$ for shipping they didnt honor?

USPS Priority is $ 30, or $25 online for a set with the Taj's dimensions. Even if they shipped it Overnight it would only be around $50. Add $15 for insurance and signature.

I wouldn't open a case, but you bet I won't be leaving feedback (If I did, it would probably be neutral, and will just avoid that considering I got a good price)

I hope the Taj works out.

If the shipping turns out to be way off, don't leave any feedback.  I know I'd be a bit pissed that I didn't get any feedback for shipping a nice big expensive piece.  Feedback, neutral or positive, for something that big gives a lot of people peace of mind.

I don't really see what the problem with the shipping price is. I mean, it's the total price that counts, right? So what if someone asks $75 for shipping and $925 for a set. Or $500 for shipping and $500 for a set. Both auction will end up costing you $1K. Or am I missing something?

• Like 1

Why not just charge to the amount that it actually costs to ship? It's just proper business practice.

But I don't hear anybody whining about auctions with free shipping. I mean, "free shipping" is obviously taken into account by the seller and included in the auction price. And $0.00 is not the actual shipping cost either so why make a fuss about the opposite?

I'm currently selling a couple of polybags on eBay but I can't ask the actual shipping price because my listing is in $ and the stamps I'm buying are in

• Like 3

My selling practice for the longest time is that I charge what I wish for the listing and the shipping. Like what other people mention it's the combined price that counts. It's up to the buyer actually. Never had problems doing it that way.

Done are the glory days when eBay didn't charge for shipping. But too much abuse ended that!

But I don't hear anybody whining about auctions with free shipping. I mean, "free shipping" is obviously taken into account by the seller and included in the auction price. And $0.00 is not the actual shipping cost either so why make a fuss about the opposite?

I'm currently selling a couple of polybags on eBay but I can't ask the actual shipping price because my listing is in $ and the stamps I'm buying are in