What Lego set did you buy today?

investment-wise, 6210 is done.  put a fork in it.  however, (in my opinion), it's better than 75020. sure, 75020 has the modern minifigs, a canon, and the rear walls flip down.  6210 is larger, more screen accurate, fabric sails, and doesn't need a nose job.

http://community.brickpicker.com/topic/4252-jabbas-sail-barge-available-on-yoyocom-in-early-july/?p=129820

He talked me into it and I caved when he offered to pay for shipping.  Here's what I get for $100:

• Like 3

While passing through.... K-Mart had Daily Bugle on clearance for $37 and additional 30% off. Picked up four. Also found Wal-Mart with $25 unexpected gatherings and $33 Goblin Kings. Really strange as I've never seen their clearance prices this low.

Oh man - that wasn't in Springfield was it? Nice pick ups!

Got some bday money and blew it on:

1x 79014 Dol Guldur Battle (Azog!!!)

1x 79002 Wargs (Azog's puppy!!!)

2x 79011 Ambush (where is Beorn in bear form??? October maybe?)

Have Unexpected Gathering and entire fellowship of the ring and bunch of Uruk-hai from Five Below ready to join forces in my new Detolf glass case from Ikea. Going to use some Mines of Moria walls with the Dol Guldur sets and Wargs to tease out Battle of the 5 Armies before There and Back Again sets come out. Gonna grab me that bear from Forest City set for Beorn till Hobbit sets come out in October...if they have a Beorn Bear.

Was going to crack a Helms Deep for the Detolf case, but having second thoughts with its value rising and ??? about the October sets for final movie. Would clear a whole shelf out if one of the sets is Witch King and Fell beast or huge Smaug...Fingers crossed!

• Like 1

investment-wise, 6210 is done.  put a fork in it.  however, (in my opinion), it's better than 75020. sure, 75020 has the modern minifigs, a canon, and the rear walls flip down.  6210 is larger, more screen accurate, fabric sails, and doesn't need a nose job.

http://community.brickpicker.com/topic/4252-jabbas-sail-barge-available-on-yoyocom-in-early-july/?p=129820

I'm going to have to disagree with you there - 75020 is more screen accurate.  While 6210 has the smooth nose, the general shape of the newer barge is truer to the movie.  I know people don't like the blockiness, but hey it's Lego, if you don't like blocks go elsewhere :)

If 75020 had the size of 6210 (which is the only thing it has going for it IMHO)  there would be no contest.

To make this on-topic, I did buy 75020 last week and just finished building it over the weekend.  Also bought the new desert skiff to go with it.  Really enjoyed the build.

Guest TabbyBoy

Petshop from LEGO Shop at Home using up VIP points and to get an MM polybag.  The "big" purchase will be with 2x VIP.  No, not Death Stars........ yet!

I was walking through Walmart for clearances, found nothing. i was about to leave but saw a worker returning a LEGO box to the shelf. the box looked different than anything else. He kept looking for a space for the LEGO but couldn't find it so just put it in an empty space. I quickly swooped in to look at it. It was the 

LEGO Batman - The Batmobile: Ultimate Collectors' Edition 7784. unbelievable! its 7 years old!

the guy couldn't scan it and had to look it up $45.

Question for members, the box is very beat up and there is scotch tape on the sides. the seals look in place. should i open it up to confirm it has everything or weigh it and see if it weighs what it should? would like to keep for investment.

• Like 2

I was walking through Walmart for clearances, found nothing. i was about to leave but saw a worker returning a LEGO box to the shelf. the box looked different than anything else. He kept looking for a space for the LEGO but couldn't find it so just put it in an empty space. I quickly swooped in to look at it. It was the 

LEGO Batman - The Batmobile: Ultimate Collectors' Edition 7784. unbelievable! its 7 years old!

Question for members, the box is very beat up and there is scotch tape on the sides. the seals look in place. should i open it up to confirm it has everything or weigh it and see if it weighs what it should? would like to keep for investment.

My 2 cents, open, check contents, then flip and buy a Grand Emporium.

Awesome!! That is the best clearance deal I have seen. With a box in that bad of shape, open it and confirm everything is there.

Great find!

Definitely open that bad boy up, make sure everything is there, and then sell it.

Wow! Only in the US this can happen. The land of opportunities! Great catch!

I'm going to have to disagree with you there - 75020 is more screen accurate.  While 6210 has the smooth nose, the general shape of the newer barge is truer to the movie.  I know people don't like the blockiness, but hey it's Lego, if you don't like blocks go elsewhere :)

If 75020 had the size of 6210 (which is the only thing it has going for it IMHO)  there would be no contest.

To make this on-topic, I did buy 75020 last week and just finished building it over the weekend.  Also bought the new desert skiff to go with it.  Really enjoyed the build.

History says otherwise.