What Lego set did you buy today?

Woot Woot - Ebay auctions rule.

Just grabbed a Sail Barge 6210 used for 70$. Tip for people - when a set is remade look for a used copy of the old one on auction. They don't get a lot of watching. This one ended around 4:00 in the afternoon too.

Can't wait to build it.

That one is a fun build, did you get the mini figs?

Just grabbed a Sail Barge 6210 used for 70$. Tip for people - when a set is remade look for a used copy of the old one on auction. They don't get a lot of watching. This one ended around 4:00 in the afternoon too.

Can't wait to build it.

great score.  pair it up with the latest skiff, palace, rancor, and jabba-related minifigs. 

Can't wait to build it.

great score.  pair it up with the latest skiff, palace, rancor, and jabba-related minifigs. 

Now you have me waffling.  I just turned down a 6210 complete with good box and instructions for $100.

Found a Ninjago Epic Dragon Battle (9450) at K-Mart.  Was on sale for $109, then an additional 30% clearance sale off of that, so I got it for basically $75.  Not amazing, but still, I think a good long-term investment.  They had two more....I was just out of money.  Good buy?  I'm not up on Ninjago.  I mostly buy movie tie-ins and super heroes.

Now you have me waffling.  I just turned down a 6210 complete with good box and instructions for $100.

investment-wise, 6210 is done.  put a fork in it.  however, (in my opinion), it's better than 75020. sure, 75020 has the modern minifigs, a canon, and the rear walls flip down.  6210 is larger, more screen accurate, fabric sails, and doesn't need a nose job.

http://community.brickpicker.com/topic/4252-jabbas-sail-barge-available-on-yoyocom-in-early-july/?p=129820

• Like 1

investment-wise, 6210 is done.  put a fork in it.  however, (in my opinion), it's better than 75020. sure, 75020 has the modern minifigs, a canon, and the rear walls flip down.  6210 is larger, more screen accurate, fabric sails, and doesn't need a nose job.

http://community.brickpicker.com/topic/4252-jabbas-sail-barge-available-on-yoyocom-in-early-july/?p=129820

I know it's done investment wise, but I have sail barge envy and I want to see who will win the desert.

Found a Ninjago Epic Dragon Battle (9450) at K-Mart. Was on sale for $109, then an additional 30% clearance sale off of that, so I got it for basically $75. Not amazing, but still, I think a good long-term investment. They had two more....I was just out of money. Good buy? I'm not up on Ninjago. I mostly buy movie tie-ins and super heroes.

Not amazing huh? How much more of a discount were you looking for?? 75 is a great price for a set that RRPs for 119......the only issue I have with this set is that it has been available at a steep discount at amazon for some time now so I think many people might be stockpiling this set.

I know it was a great discount, but like you said, I know its been on sale for a while, so I almost feel like I'd need to get this item 50% off to really get a great return.  Not that I'd expect that.  I'm happy with it, but like I said in my previous post, I don't know much about Ninjago, so I have no idea what this set will do.  At the very least, hopefully it will get back to original retail value sometime.

Can't wait to build it.

Great deal. I just got one two weeks ago for best offer of $75, shipped. They were asking $100. I didn't think they would accept, but they did. It's a great build. I have it listed for $135. Have fun!