What Lego set did you buy today?

I had fun scouring Walmarts and Kmarts this weekend with my wife.  Some of the highlights (before tax) from my trip:

Hulk's Hellcarriers (x6) @ $35  - I already mentioned this one above

Doc Ock Ambush (x2) @ $21

Unexpected Gathering @ $44.10

Attack on Weathertop (x2) @ $40

Bug Obliterator (x2) @ $25 - my first Galaxy Squad sets.  I've passed up a ton of Hive Crawlers and the smaller ones at deep discount,

but these seemed too good to miss

Cragger's Command @ $40

LEGO movie Ice Cream Machine (x2) @ $15 - I don't know why these were on clearance

And some other smaller stuff that I can build my feedback and pocket a few bucks....I left a ton of Dragon Mountains, Hive Crawlers, and a few others here and there.  Found about 10 Batcaves, some Hearses, and others that I would have grabbed, but they rang up at full MSRP so I left them. 

Also scored (x2) chess sets @ $50 and a R2D2 (first one for me!) @ $142 using coupons.

I've almost hit my annual budget and I haven't even got to Double VIP points yet... :hot:  but for me, the "hunt" is part of the fun!  :thumbsup:

I guess I should thank my friends who were too busy with meetings to go to lunch with me today.  I was able to make a couple stops at lunch.

Let me preface this, I still do not understand Wal-Mart's clearance policy.  Is it a science, anomaly, or phenomenon? I had to go by Toys R Us to return my son's extra TMNT: Turtle Submarine and I stopped at Wal-Mart just to check out the clearance again, since I found a lonely Uruk Hai Army yesterday for $21.  Today they had set out a new clearance shelving unit in the main aisle between housewares and toys.

I walked through the LEGO aisle and I saw one of the employees standing over a cart full of LEGO and I noticed Red Skull on the end of one of the boxes.  I assumed they were just filling the reset LEGO aisle with more product.  I walked back to the clearance endcaps and then heard her wheel off the cart.  I then walked by the LEGO aisle again before I left the store and she wasn't there.  Hmmm, I saw her standing out by the new clearance shelves with the cart full of new LEGO.  I asked her if she was going to clearance this stuff?  She said yes and then offered to scan them for me.  She said these will be $10 and these will be $15.  "Would you like me to change them now?"  "Sure", and I left with the following:

6 x Doc Ock Truck Heist (76015) - $10 each

5 x Captain America vs. Hydra (76017) - $10 each

2 x Airport Fire Truck (60061) - $15 each

This was a total fluke and I'm sure somebody just moved some boxes in with their clearance stuff in the back.  I am going back after work to see what else they set out.  I'm just on the fence now about flipping them or keeping them, suggestions?  I left at least 4 of 60061 behind.

• Like 2

I guess I should thank my friends who were too busy with meetings to go to lunch with me today. I was able to make a couple stops at lunch.

Let me preface this, I still do not understand Wal-Mart's clearance policy. Is it a science, anomaly, or phenomenon?  I had to go by Toys R Us to return my son's extra TMNT: Turtle Submarine and I stopped at Wal-Mart just to check out the clearance again, since I found a lonely Uruk Hai Army yesterday for $21. Today they had set out a new clearance shelving unit in the main aisle between housewares and toys.

I walked through the LEGO aisle and I saw one of the employees standing over a cart full of LEGO and I noticed Red Skull on the end of one of the boxes. I assumed they were just filling the reset LEGO aisle with more product. I walked back to the clearance endcaps and then heard her wheel off the cart. I then walked by the LEGO aisle again before I left the store and she wasn't there. Hmmm, I saw her standing out by the new clearance shelves with the cart full of new LEGO. I asked her if she was going to clearance this stuff? She said yes and then offered to scan them for me. She said these will be $10 and these will be $15. "Would you like me to change them now?" "Sure", and I left with the following:

This was a total fluke and I'm sure somebody just moved some boxes in with their clearance stuff in the back. I am going back after work to see what else they set out. I'm just on the fence now about flipping them or keeping them, suggestions? I left at least 4 of 60061 behind.

These might be the best deal we see unless they reach the normal clearance time in a year or 2.

Sent from my iPad using Brickpicker

I guess I should thank my friends who were too busy with meetings to go to lunch with me today.  I was able to make a couple stops at lunch.

Let me preface this, I still do not understand Wal-Mart's clearance policy.  Is it a science, anomaly, or phenomenon?  I had to go by Toys R Us to return my son's extra TMNT: Turtle Submarine and I stopped at Wal-Mart just to check out the clearance again, since I found a lonely Uruk Hai Army yesterday for $21.  Today they had set out a new clearance shelving unit in the main aisle between housewares and toys.

I walked through the LEGO aisle and I saw one of the employees standing over a cart full of LEGO and I noticed Red Skull on the end of one of the boxes.  I assumed they were just filling the reset LEGO aisle with more product.  I walked back to the clearance endcaps and then heard her wheel off the cart.  I then walked by the LEGO aisle again before I left the store and she wasn't there.  Hmmm, I saw her standing out by the new clearance shelves with the cart full of new LEGO.  I asked her if she was going to clearance this stuff?  She said yes and then offered to scan them for me.  She said these will be $10 and these will be $15.  "Would you like me to change them now?"  "Sure", and I left with the following:

This was a total fluke and I'm sure somebody just moved some boxes in with their clearance stuff in the back.  I am going back after work to see what else they set out.  I'm just on the fence now about flipping them or keeping them, suggestions?  I left at least 4 of 60061 behind.

jackpot! does the walmart app reflect those prices?

Considering how new in life those are, i'd consider parting them out, or just selling outright immediately.

Some folks have yet to even find those sets, so you might get some quick sales. Take the quick flip and re-invest.

Let me preface this, I still do not understand Wal-Mart's clearance policy.  Is it a science, anomaly, or phenomenon? I had to go by Toys R Us to return my son's extra TMNT: Turtle Submarine and I stopped at Wal-Mart just to check out the clearance again, since I found a lonely Uruk Hai Army yesterday for $21.  Today they had set out a new clearance shelving unit in the main aisle between housewares and toys.

Considering how new in life those are, i'd consider parting them out, or just selling outright immediately.

Some folks have yet to even find those sets, so you might get some quick sales. Take the quick flip and re-invest.

Thanks, I was leaning in that direction.

If your ever going to get these sets for yourself I'd keep one of these and save yourself the money down the road too.

Sent from my iPad using Brickpicker

I did get a pair of these during the TRU BOGO a few weeks back, so I should be good to let these go.  Now I just need to figure out the best combo.  It looks like the Doc Ock minifig is the most sought after of the bunch right now.

That's awesome. Wal mart continues to boggle our minds with situations like this. Sets that are barely a month old for $10 on clearance, and yet I've seen several walmarts still sitting on piles of attack of the wargs at full retail. Since they are so new, I would quick flip them. It will be quite a long time for these to appreciate to the level long term holds need to get to to make them a "success". Since you got them so cheap you can make some decent coin selling now at or a little below retail. Let us know how you do!

• Like 1

I think you should head to the trade thread, let's make a deal. :-)