What Lego set did you buy today?

Last night I found 3 Spider-Cycle Chase sets at Target for $5.98 each.  I don't know anything about the Super Heroes LEGOs but I figured since everyone was jumping on them a few days ago at $12, I would take a chance.

I'm just getting started in LEGO buying and selling so I'm thinking about flipping these cheap sets to build up some positive eBay seller feedback (I only have feedback as a buyer).  That way I'll have better feedback when I go to sell the bigger sets at Christmas. Does that seem reasonable or do people think these are going to have a huge long-term upside?

Last night I found 3 Spider-Cycle Chase sets at Target for $5.98 each.  I don't know anything about the Super Heroes LEGOs but I figured since everyone was jumping on them a few days ago at $12, I would take a chance.

I'm just getting started in LEGO buying and selling so I'm thinking about flipping these cheap sets to build up some positive eBay seller feedback (I only have feedback as a buyer).  That way I'll have better feedback when I go to sell the bigger sets at Christmas. Does that seem reasonable or do people think these are going to have a huge long-term upside?

Here is my philosophy on buying and selling Lego.  If you can double your money that fast, do it.  Invest in other larger sets to either flip or hold short term (i.e close to EOL).  I flipped several of the big dogs in 2010 (cafe corner, green grocer, taj majal)  I at leat doubled my money on all of them, maybe even quadrupled.  Had I held them I mad have made 10x more.  However, i used that money to buy and flip hundreds of sets so I made way more than 10x each. 

Again, just my philosophy.   The only other rule I have is buy if the deal is GREAT. That may mean holding sets for 3-4 years, but jump on the deals that may not come around again. 

I made a killing at a local big box  (MSRP in () )

4429   City Helicopter Rescue - x1 at $25 (60)

31005 Creator Construction Hauler - x 2 at $9 (20)

60002 City Cargo Terminal - x4 at $30 (100) (!!!!!)

70001 Chima Crawley's Claw Ripper - x 1 at $6 (20)

70005 Chima Laval's Royal Fighter - x4 at $11 (40) (!!!!!)

70501 Ninjago Warrior Bike - x1 at $9 (20) - retired now

76001 Bat vs Bane - x 3 at $20 (40)

76007 Malibu Mansion Attack - x 10 at $15 (40)

Everything 50-70% off.  I talked the lady down from the already off price, is 70005 marked at 15, I said I'll take _all_ of them at 11 each... OK  Same with Malibu Mansion, marked at 20 (already great), talked down to 15

Good haul, especially the cargo terminals, which I will keep for long term appreciation

• Like 2

I stopped by one of the local B&******'s today and they had (4) SW Republic Frigates 7964 on the shelf for $119.95.  The boxes had some creases and corner dings.  Was wondering if they would be good for investing in with a 20% coupon along with my 10% membership?  Minus the % off and adding taxes would bring them to around $90 each walkout.

I stopped by one of the local B&******'s today and they had (4) SW Republic Frigates 7964 on the shelf for $119.95. The boxes had some creases and corner dings. Was wondering if they would be good for investing in with a 20% coupon along with my 10% membership? Minus the % off and adding taxes would bring them to around $90 each walkout.

I.sold one for $160 last month...would bet on any more for this set

I picked up Lord of the Rings 79014 Dol Guldur Battle from The Hobbit off Amazon. Seems like a good deal right now for a castle set with some mini figs that are unique. Think I should open it for a minifig and parts flip or hold onto it? I'm fairly new to this business. Feeling my way through this still.

Here is my philosophy on buying and selling Lego.  If you can double your money that fast, do it.  Invest in other larger sets to either flip or hold short term (i.e close to EOL).  I flipped several of the big dogs in 2010 (cafe corner, green grocer, taj majal)  I at leat doubled my money on all of them, maybe even quadrupled.  Had I held them I mad have made 10x more.  However, i used that money to buy and flip hundreds of sets so I made way more than 10x each. 

Again, just my philosophy.   The only other rule I have is buy if the deal is GREAT. That may mean holding sets for 3-4 years, but jump on the deals that may not come around again. 

Ding ding ding..We have a winner!!! 

You get the entire Justice League for just over $70:

Superman - Power Lex - $20

Wonder Woman - Power Lex

Batman - Riddler Chase - $30

Flash - Riddler Chase

Aquaman - Arctic Batman vs. Mr. Freeze - $20 

Martian Manhunter

Add a $5 purchase or higher, and you've got the original Justive League.  No Green Lantern (yet), but I expect he'll show up soon.

Interesting. Maybe there's a bundling possibility this christmas when hopefully Riddler Chase is selling hot and 76000 and 6862 are retired? 

• Like 1

Really?  Where are you guys finding these???

There is one wal-mart that is close to me that has had jabbad palace. The last one actually. I have been checking the prices on the mobile app 3 times a day. When it dropped i got in the car headed over there and bouht them. This same store for some reason has had oliviashouse at 30 since december. They are the only one. Online they have it for 59, but instore it rings for 30. They only have 3 at a time. So i am picking up about 3 per two weeks for 30 each. I guess they will figure it out at some point.. i love thr friends stuff and see most of it as a two year plan. Hopefully the two big holdouts will retire soon. I do think riding camp will be first. I have actually decided to stop my grand emporiums at 15 and take that money and put it into riding camps for now.