What Lego set did you buy today?

I have bought some very satisfying smalls recently thanks in large part to our friendly neighborhood Target markdown:

x2 Garmatron = $18/ea

x2 Gorzan's Gorilla Striker = $25/ea

x2 Bat vs. Bane Tumbler Chase = $24/ea

I also got caught in the cancelled Big Zoo debacle, but with cancellation I still landed x2 MM and x2 Batman: Penguin's Face Off for $13.92/ea.  Selling the MM should net me a free PFO!

Finally, I used $10 in TRU Rewards to grab a Hulk Lab Smash - $43 (w/ tax).  Not great, but a nice part-out price.

Star Wars

Jek-14's Stealth Starfighter - $49.00

X-Wing Starfighter - $17.98

Galaxy Squad

Hive Crawler - $18.88 x 4

Castle

The Gatehouse Raid - $21.00

Legends of Chima

Speedorz: CHI Waterfall - $7.00

SuperHeroes

The Batman Tumbler - $3.99

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles

Krang Laser Turret - $1.79

When I came across the Hive Crawlers and noticed the clearance price, I went and snagged all of them! At roughly 75% (of which I never see), I would be one crazy stupid fool not to. Also, thank Target for never putting a clearance sticker on that last X-Wing. I saw it in store on the the same shelf it was for the past month and never moved. Between the four Hive Crawlers and lone X-Wing, I just purchased $339.95 worth of sets all for the low cost of $93.50! Can you give me a "Hell Yeah!"?

• Like 3

Star Wars

Jek-14's Stealth Starfighter - $49.00

X-Wing Starfighter - $17.98

Galaxy Squad

Hive Crawler - $18.88 x 4

Castle

The Gatehouse Raid - $21.00

Legends of Chima

Speedorz: CHI Waterfall - $7.00

SuperHeroes

The Batman Tumbler - $3.99

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles

Krang Laser Turret - $1.79

When I came across the Hive Crawlers and noticed the clearance price, I went and snagged all of them! At roughly 75% (of which I never see), I would be one crazy stupid fool not to. Also, thank Target for never putting a clearance sticker on that last X-Wing. I saw it in store on the the same shelf it was for the past month and never moved. Between the four Hive Crawlers and lone X-Wing, I just purchased $339.95 worth of sets all for the low cost of $93.50! Can you give me a "Hell Yeah!"?

Nice scores!! Those are amazing deals. I have no clue how you got them. You live in the middle of Kansas where they don't know what a good LEGO deal is, or something?! Even if you live in the inner city, great scores! Great deals.....

• Like 1

Cheapest X-wing I have ever seen sold. Nice score.

Thank you. :thumbsup: I really did not expect that one set to linger around much as it did and to think had I not scanned it on a whim, I would not have even known. Anyway, now with the two TIE Fighters and latest X-Wing in my collection, I can recreate the famous trench scene. Haha.

I bought one Duplo Zoo. It got canceled. I bought it again. It got canceled. I bought it again. It was in customer service then canceled. So I bought it again. I called Lego. They reinstated my first zoo I purchased, but canceled the rest. Then an hour later they canceled it again. So I bought another one. It was canceled again. So I bought another one. Let's see what happens now. I'll be sure to let everyone know.

• Like 4

Nice scores!! Those are amazing deals. I have no clue how you got them. You live in the middle of Kansas where they don't know what a good LEGO deal is, or something?! Even if you live in the inner city, great scores! Great deals.....

Thanks buddy! Lego sells just okay around me. I mean, stuff moves at a fairly decent pace but can also linger on shelves for a while at the same time, and I don't always find Lego on sale either way. The Hive Crawler was a set that when listed as half off in store from Target around the end of last year, they sold out in a flash so I believe I was at the right place at the right time for those four I picked up on an endcap away down from the Lego aisle. As for the X-Wing, I think the fact of it sitting on a shelf displaying the original retail plus not having an actual price sticker on it stating the set was on clearance is what kept the item around leaving an ample opportunity for me to snag it on one last sweeping clearance markdown.

At the moment, there is a bunch of Castle sets in the clearance aisle at Walmart. I'm just waiting for a few of those to hit some deep discounts in particular The Gatehouse Raid and Forest Ambush. I figure enough of them should be plenty to build a rampart or chess board. Haha.

I bought one Duplo Zoo. It got canceled. I bought it again. It got canceled. I bought it again. It was in customer service then canceled. So I bought it again. I called Lego. They reinstated my first zoo I purchased, but canceled the rest. Then an hour later they canceled it again. So I bought another one. It was canceled again. So I bought another one. Let's see what happens now. I'll be sure to let everyone know.

You sir, ain't no quitter...

Took my sons to Target today because they wanted to build one of the new Combine & Create sets from the Barnes & Noble LEGO event booklet that was given out last Saturday.  We settled on Lion Claw Mark VII which combines both the Sunset Speeder (31017) and Lion Legend Beast (70123).