What Lego set did you buy today?

Made a good score on eBay yesterday. Bought a used lot of sets, all with boxes except three of them. Included in the lot are...

The burrow (4840)

Hogwarts (4867)

Hagrids hut (4738)

Knight bus (4866)

Freeing dobby (4736)

Forbidden forest (4865)

Quidditch match (4737)

Knight bus (4695)

Unexpected gathering (79003)

Gandalf arrives (9469)

The werewolf (9463) x2

Vampire hearse (9464)

Swamp creature (9461)

Crazy scientist (9466)

Fountain of youth (4192)

I got the whole lot for a grand sum of $135, shipped. I am not terribly excited about the small sets, but the potter sets alone are worth much more than what I paid for the whole lot so it should do well for me. Also, I currently have 20 unexpected gatherings, but they are all sealed, so now I will get to build one. I have heard nothing but good things about the quality of that build. I have already bought a 4842 hogwarts from the same seller for $150 and it was complete and in great condition, so I am pretty confident these should be the same.

Sent from my iPad using Brickpicker

This lot just arrived today. I have been going through it for about two hours already, and I am finding all kinds of things from sets that weren't even mentioned in the listing, in addition to what is supposed to be there. So far I have come across two Indiana jones figs, a batman fig, a TIE fighter pilot, some tan battle droids, some power miner figs, a few green army men, a dark tan raised baseplate (I am guessing from a Pharoh's quest set), and at least 20 CMFs. Also, so far it appears as if all of the important pieces from the potter sets are here. For $135, this lot should turn a tidy profit.

• Like 3

-Big Zoo, 3x Emerald Train, MM poly--SAH

-Big Zoo, Batman/Penguin, MM poly--SAH

-Batman/Bane, Spiderman Rescue Helicopter--- $58 from Shopko (BOGO50 on Superheroes, $10 off coupon)

-2x Riddles of the Ring from Shopko

Stopped by 4 Targets and not a thing.  Nothing makes it past 30% here. Was hoping to score a cheap Rancor Pit to expand the one we have.

This lot just arrived today. I have been going through it for about two hours already, and I am finding all kinds of things from sets that weren't even mentioned in the listing, in addition to what is supposed to be there. So far I have come across two Indiana jones figs, a batman fig, a TIE fighter pilot, some tan battle droids, some power miner figs, a few green army men, a dark tan raised baseplate (I am guessing from a Pharoh's quest set), and at least 20 CMFs. Also, so far it appears as if all of the important pieces from the potter sets are here. For $135, this lot should turn a tidy profit.

Just figured out that the large tan baseplate is not from a Pharoh's quest set, but rather a 7627 Indiana jones temple of the crystal skull set. That would explain the Indy figs. BP used value for that set alone is $95. This lot just keeps getting better and better. Putting all of these together should make the rest of this long cold winter more tolerable.

• Like 2

Picked up an R2D2 at the LEGO store today plus a Martian Manhunter.  Had a bunch of VIP points to bring the price way down.  Figured I would use them now and start building them back up next month with double VIP.  Plus I wanted to make sure I had an R2 just in case it goes away sooner rather than later. 

So I was clicking finalize on a TRU order for two Technic logging trucks and some misc. small sets.  Then it comes back and says my order was processed, but they couldn't ship the logging trucks so I wouldn't get charged for them.  I wish it would have told me that before it burned up my 20% coupon, I would have added a few other things.

These are the best lots to go through.  Ahead before you even get started, and then find even more to sweeten the deal.

• Like 1

well today i got 11 more Shellraisers for 17.48 each, got 4 yesterday, 3 rancor pits, a bunch of other various mix and match, i basically cleaned out 4 targets, put off going to 4 more until today and three were already picked clean, the last one of the day only had the shellraisers, the only reason I probably got them was because they were on the wall with the games and my wife noticed them, i walked right past them

Opened box Ewok Village for $220 shipped. A friend owes me a favor and will trade me his sealed one for this one (as he wants to build it with his son).

My son will be very happy come this birthday this July.

On the other hand, the wife won't be so happy.

Sent from an iPhone using the Brickpicker app

What to do with 76001 that appeared in my Amazon gold box for $28.11 ? (rhetorical question)

If you want the set, I'd pass. The tumbler is tiny, but the bat vehicle is kind of cool. Wait until this is on clearance or buy a used complete set.

If you're after parts, I'd also pass and get the set without minis on eBay. I bought a lot of a dozen DC sets without minis recently, including 4 of 76001, for ~$90, and the parts for this set are excellent.

If you just want the minis, get it, and sell the parts - the vehicles just aren't that 'cool'.

All opinions...

1x 79014 Dol Gudur (Amazon PM $48)

1x 76000 Arctic Batman (Amazon PM $16)

2x 76004 Spidey Cycles (Amazon PM $12/ea)

Scored all 4 sets for $36 after Amazon rewards $ and the late yesterday Amazon PM to the Target BOGO.

1x Sopwith + MM promo

1x T1 Camper + MM promo

Bunch of Bday gifts + MM promo

Used Lego VIP rewards $ from recent 3x VIP paying $65/ea for Sopwith and T1 for collection. Also used $20 off $100 coupon and $5 off $50 from Kids Fun Book. They are letting you use them on Exclusives again in-store.

If you want the set, I'd pass. The tumbler is tiny, but the bat vehicle is kind of cool. Wait until this is on clearance or buy a used complete set.

If you're after parts, I'd also pass and get the set without minis on eBay. I bought a lot of a dozen DC sets without minis recently, including 4 of 76001, for ~$90, and the parts for this set are excellent.

If you just want the minis, get it, and sell the parts - the vehicles just aren't that 'cool'.

All opinions...

All good information. I bought it since it seemed to disappear from retail stores around me just like that and I thought 30% off was a decent price. However, this morning I felt this set might go down in price some more

• Like 1