What Lego set did you buy today?

No, married 11 years with two great kids. I own an investment advisory firm, so my wife completely trusts my investment decisions. I would like to make thousands on this stuff years from now. That requires a sizeable investment now. I am hoping for a half million in value 5 years from. We'll see.

I have a similar goal...hoping for 250k in 2-3 yrs from now.  I started this about 2 and a half yrs ago, and I'm already at 100k.  With all the purchases I'm still making, and also flipping...I think my goal is within reach. =)  Once I reach my goal, I plan on cashing out about 150k to put down on a house, and leaving 100k in legos to build on, once again. Waddamon, when did u just start, and what are your plans with the legos, if you get anywhere close to your half mill?? ...jus curious

As for what I bought today...I'm going to list what I bought this month, to give to guys an idea..

Please keep in mind that I won about 40k on a UFC fight last month, and this is what I did with some of the proceeds. =) ..Thank you Chris Weidman.

This is off the top of my head...

I also scored on some target gift cards for 20%off

12x R2-D2 ($145 each, target gc)

30x Sopwith Camel ($80 each, target gc)

30x Winter Cottage (most at $100 each, a few at $80), with lots of trips to the lego stores with a couple friends, until I was recognized in a couple of them. lol ..it was worth it because I missed out on these before they sold out, and I REALLY wanted these, so I had to do what I had to do.

30x Winter Market ($80 each, target gc)

15x Mini Modulars ($55 each, lego store sale)

15x Kingdoms Chess ($40 each, lego store sale)

60x Mines of Moria ($40 each, Target sale)...sorry guys, I hogged these up during that target sale at 3am that only lasted a couple hrs.

100x Superman vs. Lex ($15 each, Walmart sale)

24x Passenger Train ($104 each, Walmart sale)

There was some other smaller purchases as well, and I'm pretty much all outta dinero now. =(

This was a shopping spree for me, so that I wouldn't blow my money on other things. It's a great boast to my lego stock. =)

Sorry for the long post. How do u guys think I did with my purchases?

I have a similar goal...hoping for 250k in 2-3 yrs from now.  I started this about 2 and a half yrs ago, and I'm already at 100k.  With all the purchases I'm still making, and also flipping...I think my goal is within reach. =)  Once I reach my goal, I plan on cashing out about 150k to put down on a house, and leaving 100k in legos to build on, once again. Waddamon, when did u just start, and what are your plans with the legos, if you get anywhere close to your half mill?? ...jus curious

As for what I bought today...I'm going to list what I bought this month, to give to guys an idea..

Please keep in mind that I won about 40k on a UFC fight last month, and this is what I did with some of the proceeds. =) ..Thank you Chris Weidman.

30x Winter Cottage (most at $100 each, a few at $80), with lots of trips to the lego stores with a couple friends, until I was recognized in a couple of them. lol ..it was worth it because I missed out on these before they sold out, and I REALLY wanted these, so I had to do what I had to do.

60x Mines of Moria ($40 each, Target sale)...sorry guys, I hogged these up during that target sale at 3am that only lasted a couple hrs.

There was some other smaller purchases as well, and I'm pretty much all outta dinero now. =(

This was a shopping spree for me, so that I wouldn't blow my money on other things. It's a great boast to my lego stock. =)

You do realize trying to cash out 150k in legos is nothing like the stock market .. that would take forever to sell esp. at the profits you want to gain .. not to mention you did not calculate any of the time, gas you invested into the sets you purchased also you should consider the fees and shipping. Its not as easy as saying im going to cash out 150k in legos lol

How did you get your hands on Kingdoms Chess thru lego shop?

You do realize trying to cash out 150k in legos is nothing like the stock market .. that would take forever to sell esp. at the profits you want to gain .. not to mention you did not calculate any of the time, gas you invested into the sets you purchased also you should consider the fees and shipping. Its not as easy as saying im going to cash out 150k in legos lT

Thx, but I'm well aware that its not as easy as I'm making it sound.  I sold 40k worth in Dec., and that wasn't too difficult, so I kinda have an idea of what its going to take.

I know it will probably take me at least 6 months to cash out that much. I also use my girlfriends Ebay account, and she helps out a lot as well.

I would be a complete idiot if I wasn't considering the ebay fees, shipping, etc., but thx for reminding me. lol

Bat vs. Tumbler - $20 x1

Daily Bugle - $35 x1

IM Malibu Mansion - $20 x4

Mirkwood Spiders - $15 x3

Attack of Wargs - $25 x4

Council of Elrond - $15 x4

Garmatron - $20 x2

I'm not sure about the Wargs or Garmatron but I had to pick up a few of them at half off.  Unfortunately I missed the Unexpected Gathering clearance at one store where they were marked at less than $20  :shocked:

Bat vs. Tumbler - $20 x1

Daily Bugle - $35 x1

IM Malibu Mansion - $20 x4

Mirkwood Spiders - $15 x3

Attack of Wargs - $25 x4

Council of Elrond - $15 x4

Garmatron - $20 x2

I'm not sure about the Wargs or Garmatron but I had to pick up a few of them at half off.  Unfortunately I missed the Unexpected Gathering clearance at one store where they were marked at less than $20  :shocked:

Target or Walmart?