Toys R Us

2 x Dolphin Cruiser - $52.50

6 x Wolverine Chopper - $15.00

4 x Endor Battle Back - $9.74

1 x Bug Obliterator - $40.00

2 x Summer Riding Camp - $75.00

Target

2 x LOTR Pirate Ship - $53.95

No more, I'm done until after Christmas.

2 x Helm's Deep TRU BOGO

I've kept within my budget for the month, but I'm fairly certain when I pick up the HDs at TRU that I'll find myself wandering the LEGO aisles, coupons in hand. I'm headed to the local LEGO store at lunch - I have the VIP points to cover a Red Wing, but enough to warrant another SSD purchase, so we'll see what happens. Stay strong, stay strong!!! I wonder if there's a LEGOStrong wrist band I can wear...or just leave my wallet in the car?

Painful moment to share with everyone. While on Thanksgiving vacation last week, I came across a Walmart that had 50 (yes, five - zero) Uruk-hai army battle packs on the shelf, minty and looking for a home. My mom, who is dabbling in LEGO investment, ended up buying 4, but I told her to buy as many as she had room for...but if they go on clearance, buy them all. I didn't buy any - shipping that many home would have been cost prohibitive, and I don't think the airlines would appreciate me filling 2-3 overhead bins with LEGO boxes. Seeing how baggage handlers "handle" things, I ruled out checking-in a box of LEGO as baggage - the cargo hold would be filled with dismembered minifigs and loose bricks. Lucky travelers would find loose bricks in/on their bags, I'm sure.

Sorry to go slightly off-topic, but felt like sharing - t'is the season.

Guest eightbrick

2 x Helm's Deep TRU BOGO

I've kept within my budget for the month, but I'm fairly certain when I pick up the HDs at TRU that I'll find myself wandering the LEGO aisles, coupons in hand. I'm headed to the local LEGO store at lunch - I have the VIP points to cover a Red Wing, but enough to warrant another SSD purchase, so we'll see what happens. Stay strong, stay strong!!! I wonder if there's a LEGOStrong wrist band I can wear...or just leave my wallet in the car?

Painful moment to share with everyone. While on Thanksgiving vacation last week, I came across a Walmart that had 50 (yes, five - zero) Uruk-hai army battle packs on the shelf, minty and looking for a home. My mom, who is dabbling in LEGO investment, ended up buying 4, but I told her to buy as many as she had room for...but if they go on clearance, buy them all. I didn't buy any - shipping that many home would have been cost prohibitive, and I don't think the airlines would appreciate me filling 2-3 overhead bins with LEGO boxes. Seeing how baggage handlers "handle" things, I ruled out checking-in a box of LEGO as baggage - the cargo hold would be filled with dismembered minifigs and loose bricks. Lucky travelers would find loose bricks in/on their bags, I'm sure.

Sorry to go slightly off-topic, but felt like sharing - t'is the season.

I got a bit off stuff on a plane awhile ago (a bag filled with 6 Dino Attack Sprinters, 2 Coast Guard 4WD, and 2 Mini Technic Tow Trucks). It wasn't a lot, but still better than taking nothing. I ripped some cardboard pieces off of random things I could find and lined a paper gift bag with cardboard, paper and grocery bags.  I brought them on the plane, put them under the seat and by the time I got back home they were still all minty mint (well, one had a small impression but 9/10 is still better than most delivery services). Okay method for smaller sets I guess (You could probably get two UHAs into the bag I was using) - as long as you don't stretch your legs into them on the plane :) Make sure you check airline policy though, to see how many carry-ons you can take. I also had some stuff in a backpack but they were mostly polys so nothing was damaged.

Being 6' 3", I needed every millimeter of leg room on the plane (middle seat, of course). I considered putting some under the seat in front of me, but that 4-hour flight would have been torture. Oh well. Funny enough, my mom send another text message saying she bought more of them...she's as bad as I am.

Guest eightbrick

Being 6' 3", I needed every millimeter of leg room on the plane (middle seat, of course). I considered putting some under the seat in front of me, but that 4-hour flight would have been torture. Oh well. Funny enough, my mom send another text message saying she bought more of them...she's as bad as I am.

Oh that's too bad. That's funny about your mom though, I guess you've fully converted her :D

Who am I kidding...

1 x HH from LEGO store (used up VIP buck$) - for what it's worth, store employee mentioned this item is nearing EOL. No surprise there.

1 x 31015 Emerald Express (to get a build fix)

1 x 60053 Race Car (to get a build fix)

Of course, Jan. 1 the Parisian Modular...no-brainer. 

I have to wait to pick up the In-Store TRU purchase, but I'll call out any findings.

Who am I kidding...

1 x HH from LEGO store (used up VIP buck$) - for what it's worth, store employee mentioned this item is nearing EOL. No surprise there.

1 x 31015 Emerald Express (to get a build fix)

1 x 60053 Race Car (to get a build fix)

Of course, Jan. 1 the Parisian Modular...no-brainer.

I have to wait to pick up the In-Store TRU purchase, but I'll call out any findings.

emerald night?

*EDIT nevermind I'm a lil slow.

sealed 2x Uruk-hai Army 9471s for $28 each

sealed 2x Mack Truck (Cars) 8486 for $29 each

too bad my secret store didn't have any Hulk sets left :(

I have a couple Wal-Marts close by with 5-10 Hulk sets still on the shelves. I'm hoping to take advantage the day after Christmas.  If they aren't still there, oh well.

is it worth the risk? lol I would just buy them!

I'm sitting on a dozen, so I'm comfortable with it.  By waiting, I'm up a couple hundred dollars instantly in clearance savings.  If they're gone, I still lose nothing really and I'm not tying up funds for other purchases right now.

Not even 10% of what I ordered has come in.....my wife gave permission to take over the dining room. Spare bedroom and 3 huge walk in closets are already stuffed full. And I am still buying. Just got home from tru with a bunch of friends big sets and more funhouse/hobbit barrels.

That is only 10%! (Jaw drops) I wonder what it will look like when the rest arrives.

Got my latest and last shipment from Lego today (during snowstorm - wet boxes!). I'm going to suffer from "expecting-a-delivery-withdrawal". :) I'm officially over the $10k mark for invested dollars (not as much as others here, I know). I think it's time to get a living will going in order to ensure these don't get all opened by nieces and nephews or go to Goodwill upon my (unlikely) demise. Not that I want to shaft the kiddos, just this is too much to not have go to my own child instead of dispersed haphazardly. Anyone else thought of including your investment in a will? Is this already a topic?

To keep on topic - got from Lego:

10230 Mini Modulars

40058 Decorating the tree 2x

60005 Fire boat

70003 Eris Eagle

70012 Chima Razar