What Lego set did you buy today?

3 Attack of the Wargs for $69 total. KMart is having their 20% off clearanced toys and these were marked at $27 plus 20% off.

They had other sets in the clearance aisle but these were the best discount. The bigger sets like The Mine and Goblin Battle and some medium Star Wars sets were discounted but didn't have a clearance sticker.

Seeing that I had to walk the cashier to the toy aisle to show her the 20% off clearance sign, i disn't push my luck.

K-Mart on Rockpoint Drive near Valley View, OH. They have multiple toy clearance aisles

That's a good deal.  I also found where they put the wrong clearance sticker on Unexpected Gathering last Sunday and with the additional 20% off it was good enough for me.

Nice. I think i saw the ad for this but was too slow!

Were there any gifts with purchase at the guildford store, or it only in late september?

I got a sweet Craigslist deal of Harry Potter sets. all for $20, turns out I only needed to supplement about 20 of my own pcs.

gmcl.jpg

Turned into this:

7osx.jpg

Nice. I think i saw the ad for this but was too slow!

Were there any gifts with purchase at the guildford store, or it only in late september?

Yeah I think I emailed him like 5 minutes after the ad went up. No deals at LEGO, just crazyness. I think the grand opening is Sept 21/22?

Received the LOTR: Helm's Deep I bought on EBay for $77.45 shipped.  It arrived with the box in fantastic condition, surprisingly.  The guy put it in a homemade, oversized box, with no packing whatsoever.  Luckily the seller was within Ohio, so it didn't have to travel far.  It's sometimes a risk/reward situation when you go after these deals on EBay.

Got the 5986 Amazon Ruins from 1999 for $50 and the 7781 Batman Two-Face set from 5 years ago for $100, both used, from 2 different sellers on craigslist and complete with boxes in good shape.

I am expecting to get the Home One Mon Calamari set for $50 and the most recent Boba Fett ship for $100, each used and from craigslist as well.

Ha. To be fair, I had never used Craigslist to find lego before this week when I read about it on here. For what it's worth, there wasn't a lot of stuff available even though I'm in Toronto. These sets and a few others that were on there had been on the site for 3 weeks and no one had bitten until I stumbled along. 

You guys and your Craiglist finds.  I live in a rural area and all we get advertised on there is jungle gyms, the occasional train set, and Beanie Babies.

The trade-off is an absolute lack of clearance deals at Target and Walmart for new sets.  I suppose one (good CL used sets) is the result of the other (high turnover on retail sales leading to few discounts).

The trade-off is an absolute lack of clearance deals at Target and Walmart for new sets.  I suppose one (good CL used sets) is the result of the other (high turnover on retail sales leading to few discounts).

You have a point there.  The turnover of stock in our stores pales in comparison to larger cities, which is why we can find the clearance deals.

Just got a full case of 120 minifigs from Walmart. They were on the cart for stocking the shelves. The outer box did say "wait until Sept 1st", but they rang up so I grabbed the whole thing! Hoping I can quickly sell 3-4 complete sets for $75-80 range, then just sell the rest individually. 

note: While I do realize the overall return on this will not be nearly as good as other LEGO options, I inexplicably love the Minifigures series, and because of that it is totally worth it for me! I actually like smushing, it's quite relaxing.

-PB