What Lego set did you buy today?

I visited a Walmart today quite far from me in the middle of nowhere. I'm very glad I did.

Two 4866 - Knight Bus at $20.00 a box

One 9464  - Vampyre Hearse at $25.00

One 8092 - Luke's Landspeeder at $17.00

One 9471 - Uruk'Hai Army at $15.00

A couple days ago I also found two 6862 - Power Armor Lex at $7.00 a box.

Pretty decent haul. The store has a metric TON of clearance. I'm going to have to go back, just didn't have the immediate capital.

It's funny how this thread has much less action after the new forum launched, as it is no longer on the bottom of every forum page....alas.

3 x uruk hai army for $20 at a Walmart. First ones for my collection, been waiting to find them this low.

Funny follow on story - I was in the clearance aisle, and grabbed these three right when another guy was walking into the aisle with purpose. He saw my boxes I think, but didn't say anything. I didn't think anything of it.

Fast forward 10 min later - I made one more stop on the way home, along a pretty rural street. Stopped in at a local drug store in the NW that carries Lego. This one in particular I was checking because they randomly have two 7965 Falcons - super weird as this chain generally doesn't carry sets more than $30 in price. Anyway, I was checking out the aisle, and the same guy comes in and goes straight for the Lego. Really funny. They didn't have anything worth buying, but I saw him checking the Falcons as well.

So if you're a fellow Brickpicker sir, nice to meet you. Haha.

• Like 1

I actually bought a 7965 Falcon today at Toys R' Us.  They have $20 off a purchase of 75$ or more and got it for $129 after tax.  It did hurt me a little to spend so much and so close to retail even though I really wanted it, but there are no more falcons in my walmarts, targets, or kmarts.  Thus, there was no chance for me to get it at a lower clearanced price either way :/

I bought my local Target's very last 9494 "Anakin's Jedi Interceptor".

This is my very first LEGO purchase ever. I'm 26.

This is my very first post on here.

Should I open it and build it or save it and re-sell it?

Welcome to the site!

You should open it and build it, if only to know your product better. There's plenty of time for investment later :)

Didn't find anything in the clearance aisle at the closest Walmart, but in the regular Lego aisle I found MF sets at 30% off. Bought one 9468 VC, one 9466 Crazy Scientist, and two 9467 Ghost Trains (there were three, but I left one). This was my first time really scouring Walmart for Lego deals. Very happy!!

Didn't find anything in the clearance aisle at the closest Walmart, but in the regular Lego aisle I found MF sets at 30% off. Bought one 9468 VC, one 9466 Crazy Scientist, and two 9467 Ghost Trains (there were three, but I left one). This was my first time really scouring Walmart for Lego deals. Very happy!!

Welcome to the fold. You will find LEGO stuck in the weirdest places inside a Walmart. I found a set underneath their shelving unit, the kind you have to lift the flooring up from to get under. I also found a Ghost Train box in a towel.

Welcome. Glad you had some beginner's luck. Gotta keep sharp eyes at Walmart, like others have said, you never know where you will find clearance items stashed.

Welcome to the fold. You will find LEGO stuck in the weirdest places inside a Walmart. I found a set underneath their shelving unit, the kind you have to lift the flooring up from to get under. I also found a Ghost Train box in a towel.

LOL that you found it in a towel! I started hunting around in other aisles too, especially around the price scanners where people discard things. I was looking for Monster High stuff too and they were in three different areas. The new Sofia the First stuff didn't even have a home. I think they just started stocking them wherever there was space. Well, whatever works for them.

Sofia the First? I know of Sopia the Third from Blaster Master but who is Sopia the First?

If I had a daughter, that would probably be me.

Sofia the First is Disney's very poor and botched attempt at giving the Latina/Hispanic audience an "identifying princess" for their race. It's pretty awful. I'm keeping my daughter 20,000 miles from it.

Well, the forum went down when I was typing my response last night, so here it is. Glad I saved it! (For a moment there I thought the forums went down because I posted something too girly...)

Half the guys here just said, "what is a Sofia the First?"
The other half said, "I wish my preschooler liked to watch football."

What? No one watches Disney Junior around here?? :) I'm ashamed to say I haven't watched non-kid TV shows since 2008.

Well, for those who don't have a preschooler in their lives, Disney's Sofia the First is hot property right now. (She's the newest Disney princess). Disney also took their time getting merchandise out, so there's a lot of rabid preschool girls (and their parents) chomping at the bit right now.

Haven't gotten my daughter into Lego Friends. For now, those are still mommy's toys :)

Sofia the First is Disney's very poor and botched attempt at giving the Latina/Hispanic audience an "identifying princess" for their race. It's pretty awful. I'm keeping my daughter 20,000 miles from it.

You know I heard about that whole controversy, but when I watched the show, it looks like they scratched the idea. Sofia doesn't have any traits that identify her with one culture or another. Her friends from other kingdoms, however, are noticeably multi-ethnic. 

Didn't get a chance to post my purchases the other night. Ah well, here goes anywho.

City

Fire Plane $30

I have been waiting and waiting and waiting for these to go on sale ever since they were stuck there in the clearance aisle of Walmart....and finally got my wish! I was tempted to buy two (you know, buy two for the price of one) but decided to use that saved $30 elsewhere. Besides, the condition of the others on the shelf were a little bit questionable. They looked alright to a point but there were only two seals on the bottom and nothing on the sides. Shook them around and sounded like everything was there. If for some reason they are still there next time, perhaps I will buy another. If not, well I got my one and I'm content.

Legends of Chima

Ice Tower $14.97

No sale here; just needed this last one to complete my very sudden collection of Speedorz.

Friends

Adventure Camper $28.97

Been pushing this one off for a while and finally snagged one of the last two at Target with an Amazon pricematch. I don't think these will be around much longer being a 2012 set and all.

Super Heroes - DC

Superman: Black Zero Escape $17

I wasn't planning to purchase any of these Man of Steel sets for a long while but hey, what can I say? $3 off on a brand new normally $20 set is pretty good.

On the side, I also bought a bunch of extras from Series 10. Now I have enough Baseball Fielders for a complete team, and enough Roman Commanders to match. Plus another Medusa for the heck of it.

Hello all,

New member to the club and new to the world of Lego collecting. My lego addiction started about a month ago and I my collection have consist of mostly current UCS SW sets with some older one mixed in and Ninjago for my son. I've been scouring CL for Lego sale and came accross a guy who I purchased a MISB 10188 Death Star for $320. Today he emailed me with some other sets he has for sale:

10232 Palace Cinema

10228 Haunted House

10214 Tower Bridge

9516 Jaba Palace

All four sets for $500. Retail price for all is $690 w/o tax (CA resident). From an investment perspective, are these sets worth plunking down 5 Benjamins? His asking price is very attractive. Thank all.