Retiring Soon - open speculation

Three major mistakes that I made: the mine, the epic dragon and the minecraft. Should put more budget to exclusive items.

IMO, for your 3 major mistakes, youre wrong. It all depends what price point you bought them at ...

Mine: great profit maker if you had gotten them at almost 50% off ... a lot of people did ...

EDB: why do people continue to put this set down? sure its still on shelves but it has a dragon, its a big set. If you got this one also at close to 40-50% off youre good to go to make profits ...

Minecraft: although slow sellers right now, sell them as a set of 4 during the holidays and you should do good. get them at about $25-$30 a piece. Last Xmas I was selling the set of 3 for close to $150!

• Like 1

Three major mistakes that I made: the mine, the epic dragon and the minecraft. Should put more budget to exclusive items.

lego city or lone ranger mine ?

About the two others, maybe you bought these too early but otherwise I don't see how it could be a bad investment since it's still available in some retailers at MSRP (or below)

I take back what I said then :)  I still think it's a good set to hold onto.  Perhaps the new figs won't be exactly the same.

LEGO will soon promote new costumes for the Justice League, probably the same ones or close to the ones they will be using in the new movies or comics ...

OG Justice League costumes will take a back seat to the new costumes!

I bought too many Mines and EDBs last summer since they should have been retired last year.

They are just too popular to get retired. Not a good choice for 1-2 year operations.

IMO, for your 3 major mistakes, youre wrong. It all depends what price point you bought them at ...

Mine: great profit maker if you had gotten them at almost 50% off ... a lot of people did ...

EDB: why do people continue to put this set down? sure its still on shelves but it has a dragon, its a big set. If you got this one also at close to 40-50% off youre good to go to make profits ...

Minecraft: although slow sellers right now, sell them as a set of 4 during the holidays and you should do good. get them at about $25-$30 a piece. Last Xmas I was selling the set of 3 for close to $150!

I wasted one year on EDB and Mine. If I had invested more on winter village cottage, fire brigade and even lion chi temple, things will become much better.

It may be a good time to stock EDB now, but definitely not last year.

It's retired in europe on LEGO Shop at Home

Amazon european stores don't have it anymore, prices have quickly climbed from 70

Are the discounts you are seeing worth mentioning? Or are we talking like two bucks off. I and b and m stores usually have differing options on a clearence price.

2 bucks off online, (which is 10%, and then you can stack 5% redcard or giftcard discounts)

But the clearance prices are much more interesting at 5 bucks or 25%

Buying heavy on 76000 when I can. Aqua man does not carry that set IMO. Arctic batman and mr freeze minifigures with the really cool bat boat (build one and you will see) will carry this when it's retired.

Until I saw the rumored 2015 sets yesterday with Aquaman, this set had 3 exclusive minifigs.  With Aquaman being "extra" exclusive as there isn't another version of him around, it was icing on the cake.  Still, two exlcusive minifigs for a $20 set isn't bad at all, and there is still the possibility that the 2015 set has him in a different costume.  I'm not regretting purchasing a ton of these, they'll do well.

I'm frustrated by EDB not being retired already, but I still think it will do fine, it'll just take a little longer.  I was hoping to sell these this xmas while the new episodes are still coming out, who knows how pipular ninjago will be next year.  Even if it doesn't retire this year, if it sells out during the holidays there will be potential to make some money and clear out inventory.

I wonder if the popularity of ninjago is fading.  This season was definitely shorter..at less it seem that way.  I wonder if LEGO made another bad decision, first by ending the series too early and then bring it back.  Now with a short season because of an upcoming movie, just doesn't feel like the kids could get back into it..

I wonder if the popularity of ninjago is fading.  This season was definitely shorter..at less it seem that way.  I wonder if LEGO made another bad decision, first by ending the series too early and then bring it back.  Now with a short season because of an upcoming movie, just doesn't feel like the kids could get back into it..

Kids are funny... I just bought $200 of Hero Factory stuff for $50 from an 8 year old kid (and his mom) because he wants to buy some Ninjago Lego.

The real prize in the lot was the Witch Doctor complete w/instructions.

My stepkids (5 yo girl and 7 yo boy) both continue to love Ninjago.  In fact, my stepdaughter loves it way more than my stepson (he's more into star wars).  They've been asking for Ninjago sets for a while, even without new episodes.  I downloaded the newest season online because it's next to impossible to find it on TV, and it was more of a bonus for them.  I think the catalog that Lego sends out does more to sell sets than any TV show, they've picked out all of their Ninjago sets from it for xmas this year.

I think the show has been mishandled.  There's too much time between episodes and it doesn't seem to be advertised very well.

Kids are funny... I just bought $200 of Hero Factory stuff for $50 from an 8 year old kid (and his mom) because he wants to buy some Ninjago Lego.

The real prize in the lot was the Witch Doctor complete w/instructions.

Perhaps adults are the funny ones ... many are simply buying lego sets for pure display. No touch, no play.

• Like 1

If this thing makes it to $75 by December, I'm dumping them all on Brick Classifieds.

It should be retired by December with prices rising but why do you think it will hit such lofty heights so soon? Aquaman is rumoured to be in a JL set next year. Mr Freeze and Arctic Batman surely won't return Wolverine or Deadpool money. I can see it doubling by Christmas but struggle to see it making much more.
  • Like 1