Retiring Soon - open speculation

Do you have any of these? I just bought two off Amazon. Unfortunately there was a limit of two. I have to wait a week to order more. I need to get a few orders in before it retires. Do you know how long it takes for a set to be retired after it's tagged "retiring soon"?

It depends upon how many people freak out about a set and start sucking up the remaining inventory.  

Do you have any of these? I just bought two off Amazon. Unfortunately there was a limit of two. I have to wait a week to order more. I need to get a few orders in before it retires. Do you know how long it takes for a set to be retired after it's tagged "retiring soon"?

I have about 13 or so? I like it because of wonder woman. Think it'll do well just not as well as other sets since it had been on the shelf for 2+ years

Good point, Ed. I haven't heard much about people rushing to get this since jaisonline mentioned it being tagged. I know it's smaller of a set and most like the big ones.

I think the Power Armor Lex set has gotten a lot of love from members and is one of the better small investment sets on the market, but it has been overshadowed by the big boys recently.  Now is the time to buy some if you don't have any.  This set is available at Walmart for $15.00

I think the Power Armor Lex set has gotten a lot of love from members and is one of the better small investment sets on the market, but it has been overshadowed by the big boys recently.  Now is the time to buy some if you don't have any.  This set is available at Walmart for $15.00

Thanks, Ed. It's on sale for the same price on Amazon too. I'm trying to pick some up. All the hype with the Exosuit had me trying to figure out what I need to buy since I'm on a budget.

Several Star Wars sets in LEGO Shop at Home Spain with 'Call to check availability'... Millennium Falcon, Ghost, Phanton, Jedi Scout Fighter and Crouscant Police among others...

Also at LEGO Shop at Home Germany, that happened a couple of days ago and didn't change since. Strange... except for the Millennium Falcon the other sets are from the 2013/2014 wave. What's going on there?

My last ones were 23R4.

ugh.  well, this is both good and bad. 

bad = the set was still being produced beginning the week of June 2.  There will be no shortage of this set.  One can only imagine how many sealed sets are waiting to be sold on bricklink and ebay after retirement.

good = this 2012 set seems to be very popular if Lego was still making it in early June.

ugh.  well, this is both good and bad. 

bad = the set was still being produced beginning the week of June 2.  There will be no shortage of this set.  One can only imagine how many sealed sets are waiting to be sold on bricklink and ebay after retirement.

good = this 2012 set seems to be very popular if Lego was still making it in early June.

Maybe Jeff or Ed can give us some Brickfolio numbers on this bad boy and see how it compares to other popular sets.

A cool premium feature in the future would be the top 25 held sets for investment.