Retiring Soon - open speculation

I wouldn't be surprised if the Black (Brick) Friday promotions wipe out most/all of the stock....

If this is indeed the last hurray for 10229 Winter Cottage, I'm not sure if it will last past Black Friday especially if it goes on-sale (which I don't think it will be $ reduced). The Winter Cottages were totally sold-out on Lego.com by the 2nd week of Dec. I believe amazon and target sold-out around the same time if not sooner (I need to check the old posts). Last year was also the first time that I remember my 2 Lego retail stores didn't offer a winter set for sale after Christmas to clear out stock.

Also if you want a one and done and don't pay tax at amazon, there is no limit on this one. I picked up ten not too long ago. Nice set not sure if i want 20 of it. The einter village cottage has appreciated really nice though.

Agreed. Even if the winter market is the least fav set of the theme, it will still appreciate nicely as people will always want this set to help collect the entire run.

I am not even sure why _cottage_ even came up in conversation, since it is retired already. The original question was about _market_.  Market is available in US but marked as "retired" in Europe. Does it mean it is going to retire after this Christmas? Possibly, though it depends what exactly happens in Europe around Christmas - some folks mentioned that Lego might make it available there. Will it have same gains as _cottage_ post-retirement? Unlikely, but it still going to see some gains of course.

Guest TabbyBoy

It is not gone in US. It is available at B&******, and it will be available at LEGO Shop at Home the same day probably it becomes available in Europe

OK, I stand corrected.

Didn't someone say that actual piece count did not change - it's the written count that was wrong, which they corrected. And assume the book is updated maybe?

IIRC, I remember someone saying that there was a small typo in the book, and that the new version fixed the typo.

Didn't someone say that actual piece count did not change - it's the written count that was wrong, which they corrected. And assume the book is updated maybe?

I posted something a few days ago, I think in this thread. When I as in Lego store last week I noticed AS on the shelf with new SW sets and the manager explained that the original had wrong piece count printed on box and the stop/restart of production was to correct the mistake. This came from Lego employee, so of course take with grain of salt.

dear 4204 the mine,

why can't you just retire already!  darn you.

without regards.

ja is online

c.c. 10214 Tower Bridge

dear ja is online,

I can't retire yet cause a fellow brickpicker named Ciglione has no copies of me yet. He is waiting for a good sale to obtain a couple of me.

After that I can retire in peace.

Best Regards,

4204 the mine

c.c. Ciglione

dear 4204 the mine,

why can't you just retire already! darn you.

without regards.

ja is online

c.c. 10214 Tower Bridge

Did you see the latest BP price on The Mine? Even though it isn't retired officially, prices are starting to act like it. Already slightly over MSRP with prices going in the right direction.

Really pumped about this set. I would be ecstatic to see it hit $200 by Xmas 2015.

Sent from my iPhone using Brickpicker

I remember an early 2013 wholesalers form and it listed 4204 The Mine would not be available to order after that Spring.  That is also about the same time the last remaining related Mine sets started either retiring or disappearing from stores.

Without trying to get my arse up from the chair, I'm trying to figure out if the set is still being made.  Can someone check a box code the next time at a store?  I assume not many stores carry 4204 anymore. Thus TRU and mom - pop stores would be a safe bet (or a recent online order).  Then again, I'm not sure if this set is even moves anymore.  Last time I was at TRU with my boy and shook my fists at the 4204s, the boxes had dust on them.

• Like 1

I remember an early 2013 wholesalers form and it listed 4204 The Mine would not be available to order after that Spring.  That is also about the same time the last remaining related Mine sets started either retiring or disappearing from stores.

Without trying to get my arse up from the chair, I'm trying to figure out if the set is still being made.  Can someone check a box code the next time at a store?  I assume not many stores carry 4204 anymore. Thus TRU and mom - pop stores would be a safe bet (or a recent online order).  Then again, I'm not sure if this set is even moves anymore.  Last time I was at TRU with my boy and shook my fists at the 4204s, the boxes had dust on them.

They'll be gone by 12/25.

Did you see the latest BP price on The Mine? Even though it isn't retired officially, prices are starting to act like it. Already slightly over MSRP with prices going in the right direction.

Really pumped about this set. I would be ecstatic to see it hit $200 by Xmas 2015.

Sent from my iPhone using Brickpicker

i'll be happy to unload all of my sets ASAP for $125 since it will prob still be around in 2015 with my luck. heck, i'll do the happy dance for $200.

they have been selling well below msrp on bricklink and ebay prices seem to be inflated with non-US sales.

http://www.bricklink.com/catalogPG.asp?S=4204-1

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_sacat=0&_from=R40&_udlo=40&_udhi=200&LH_Complete=1&LH_Sold=1&_sop=16&_nkw=lego%204204&_dcat=56311&rt=nc&LH_ItemCondition=3

• Like 1