Retiring Soon - open speculation

In the beginning I hated the Death Star too, it just looked ugly to me. Like someone here said, a doll house. I did not think it has any display value for an adult. I hated it both as a product and as an investment for the same reason. 

But now I think it does have good display value, not because it looks "realistic" in any way but because of the all the rooms and the movie scenes that it shows. An adult SW fan will say "Waa, I remember that scene!".

(It has play value too, but only for kids under 6 :-) So far I've only seen my friend Larry Page bought it for his kids to play with).

Besides, Death Star has one huge advantage over Super Star Destroyer that its iconic, arguably at the same level with the Falcon.

In the beginning I hated the Death Star too, it just looked ugly to me. Like someone here said, a doll house. I did not think it has any display value for an adult. I hated it both as a product and as an investment for the same reason. 

But now I think it does have good display value, not because it looks "realistic" in any way but because of the all the rooms and the movie scenes that it shows. An adult SW fan will say "Waa, I remember that scene!".

(It has play value too, but only for kids under 6 :-) So far I've only seen my friend Larry Page bought it for his kids to play with).

Besides, Death Star has one huge advantage over Super Star Destroyer that its iconic, arguably at the same level with the Falcon.

WOAH! The Falcon only had four years ("Different Years", as glucapg said), and the Death Star had four "Popularity Years" and Two "Different Years". I could imagine it getting expensive in about 6-7 years, but not in 3-4 IMO...

I don't think so. On Brickset.com is says that it released in 2002. It seems that most of the data for availability at S@H seems to start around 2007, even though some sets were released earlier.

The date I gave you was from Brickset. It was copied and pasted. I guess it could have been. It seemed like a short run. I wasn't very active yet, but I don't recall the set being sold in 2008. I bought my first one in 2008 from eBay. Six years seems a bit much though. I don't think that is correct either.

Sent from my iPad using Brickpicker

No man on one here thinks you are dumb you just have to be mindful of how you word your posts. Trust me man if you have the money buy a DS you won't regret it. Is it gonna be a 10179? Nope, but you will make some money.

I don't think any set other than 10179 will be that valuable

I searched but couldn't find any recent info on 21050 Architecture Studio. I was in the Lego store yesterday and they had the new version on the shelves. An employee told me the piece count on the old version was wrong and there is nothing new other than the printing on the updated box. Sorry if this info has already been posted and sorry if this is wrong place to post, thought it was useful info.

Haven't read the forum today so may already be discussed, but I'm building the Mini Cooper now and at the end of the first instruction book there's the expected modular street advertisement. The GE is not there, there's TH, PC and PR but interestingly there's no Pet Shop.

• Like 1

Haven't read the forum today so may already be discussed, but I'm building the Mini Cooper now and at the end of the first instruction book there's the expected modular street advertisement. The GE is not there, there's TH, PC and PR but interestingly there's no Pet Shop.

I doubt that means much, but if I had to guess I would say it is just a foresight on Lego's part that the Mini will be around longer than either of those modulars.

I doubt that means much, but if I had to guess I would say it is just a foresight on Lego's part that the Mini will be around longer than either of those modulars.

I guess that makes sense if they are not expecting to print any more MC instructions for a year or two.

It would be a remarkable show of empathy towards consumer frustration if they opt one of their modulars out of free marketing

just because the product will outlast it... But, yeah, that does sound like something Lego could do.

FWIW, at a LEGO Store in NE Mass, the employee told me the A-Wing was retiring. Not exactly surprising news, given the release of the Snowspeeder to more or replace it in the lineup - and that it has been out coming up on 2 years. But assuming it is true, if you want these, may now want to wait too long. They had one left and said they weren't getting more.

It's the first time I got to see the new sets up close. I think the AT-AT looks amazing. I think it's interesting how they adjusted the price point, $109 for the AT AT and $129 for the Star Destroyer instead of the now "standard" $119 for sets of that size. 

The AT-AT has more pieces than say the Gunship and Sailbarge for $10 less.

This is my 2nd/3rd visit to a LEGO store. It's awesome to be able to see the big exclusives set up. The Sea Cow is quite impressive live.