Retiring Soon - open speculation

A lot of people talk about the new Star Wars movies and wonder if they'll they bring back the Falcon or a new Death Star or whatever, but it seems like everyone's missing a point that should be obvious: Lego and Star Wars will want to promote the hell out of the new movies, and the new ships and characters. I think we're more likely to see a whole slew of ships we've never heard of before. Avengers, Guardians, Spider-Man, Lego Movie, you name it

• Like 2

Really another production run on this train, major bummer http://shop.lego.com/en-US/Cargo-Train-7939?fromListing=listing

I still think it is some sort of glitch. See how there are no customer reviews. It would be very counterintuitive for lego to do another run of retiring soon set that already has direct competition. Maybe some retailer (tru online?) returned their stock. Still does not explain missing reviews...

• Like 1

I still think it is some sort of glitch. See how there are no customer reviews. It would be very counterintuitive for lego to do another run of retiring soon set that already has direct competition. Maybe some retailer (tru online?) returned their stock. Still does not explain missing reviews

What do you guys think of Technic #9398? Its been around since 2012 but doesn't show signs of EOL. I can pick some up for 144 euro but i don't know if i should wait till clearance at the end of the year or pick them up now.

I'm hoping it retires soon, but I have a bad feeling it may be around for at least another year because there's nothing in the technic lineup like it. That's all speculation on my part though. I have three (one to keep and two to sell) so I am hoping it retires soon.

What do you guys think of Technic #9398? Its been around since 2012 but doesn't show signs of EOL. I can pick some up for 144 euro but i don't know if i should wait till clearance at the end of the year or pick them up now.

Here in USA, Toys R Us online was clearly trying to unload it (it kept it at $160 for really long time). Now, neither Walmart, nor Amazon, nor TRU online have it in stock. But it is certainly hard to say if it is indeed The Sign

It seems the new castle sets are a swing and miss with fans. They look cool but I'm unsure just how many kids are into castles and kings. It's not like kids are buying these sets to pretend and play " game of thrones". Anyway, I always seen them in-stock (never sold-out) and now Target is putting them on clearance. Think these are retiring after only 1 year of availability? Maybe the Coast Guard theme will follow...

It seems the new castle sets are a swing and miss with fans. They look cool but I'm unsure just how many kids are into castles and kings. It's not like kids are buying these sets to pretend and play " game of thrones". Anyway, I always seen them in-stock (never sold-out) and now Target is putting them on clearance. Think these are retiring after only 1 year of availability? Maybe the Coast Guard theme will follow...

Yep, the Castle line of 2013 is wondering off into the sunset. They already disappeared from my two Wal-Marts a couple months ago and I suppose Target has been trying to slowly offload them just as well with this summer sale being the final push. I know neither outlet around me received any King's Castle since the end of last year so I imagine all those sold out for Christmas. Right now besides Castle, it looks as though all the City Cargo sets are seeing a heavy discount as well as the firefighters leaving just the Coast Guard sets from last year as this one's leftovers for the grill.

I already acquired the Seaplane polybag, Surfer Rescue, and 4x4 & Diving Boat, so I am really rooting for finding the Coast Guard Helicopter and especially the Coast Guard Plane on sale.

The new castle theme baffled me, it looks like a less cool version of Kingdoms.   The sets are almost identical, with the exception of the dragon.  Lego should have just kept kingdoms around longer.

I doubt that they're on the way out for good though.  It seems like a lot of retailers like Target and Walmart only keep sets around for a year in general no matter how well they sell, while TRU and Lego Store keep them for the duration of their production run.  Target has limited shelf space, it looks like they clearance out sets well before their official retirement to make room for the new sets.

• Like 1

hmmmm, Tower Bridge, how much do you think it will be after EOL?

either you are reading my posts or we have some mental connection :)

i just think 10214 is finally going to sunset later this yr. i'm prob wrong but do really wish people would start buying up this set like 10221 SSD and 10211 GEs so we can see how shop@home behaves. 

heck, i wasn't even looking to buy another 10214 today.  it's a nice set just not my cup of tea.  however, it was like the "force" whispered in my ear that "this was the set you are looking for"..

• Like 1

The new castle theme baffled me, it looks like a less cool version of Kingdoms.   The sets are almost identical, with the exception of the dragon.  Lego should have just kept kingdoms around longer.

I doubt that they're on the way out for good though.  It seems like a lot of retailers like Target and Walmart only keep sets around for a year in general no matter how well they sell, while TRU and Lego Store keep them for the duration of their production run.  Target has limited shelf space, it looks like they clearance out sets well before their official retirement to make room for the new sets.

another sad thing is that many kids and adults will soon forget the the dragon set once the Hobbit set w/ Smaug arrives... 

i'm hoping to flip both my may 30th amazon bogo purchases this holiday season. 

If you guys are talking about the 70404 castle set I think we have a loser here.

When there is some discounted item, it's always here.

It looks too much childish. No details on the walls. It's a castle, but it's not appealing for the customers (it doesn't catch the eye). This line is not as shiny as the kingdoms were.

Even with 50% off I wouldn't grab any (well ok, just one...).

edit: great I'm a brickulator now !

... I just hope my 500 posts are not garbage ah ah >_>

I don't know. The childish observation seems to be the consensus, but a store here has all of the previous castles nisb. They look about the same. Kingdoms is a little better but not much. I have a few. I hope to have 10 jousts but not thinking big money there either. If the came out with a high piece count collectos castle, that would be worth getting. I don't expect it though. Maybe once Orthanc is done.

If you guys are talking about the 70404 castle set I think we have a loser here.

When there is some discounted item, it's always here.

It looks too much childish. No details on the walls. It's a castle, but it's not appealing for the customers (it doesn't catch the eye). This line is not as shiny as the kingdoms were.

Even with 50% off I wouldn't grab any (well ok, just one...).

edit: great I'm a brickulator now !

... I just hope my 500 posts are not garbage ah ah >_>

Well... thanks but no thanks Biniou. I just bought one yesterday at 50% off. 

Congrats on your 500 posts fellow brickulator!