Retiring Soon - open speculation

Coast guard plane is "call to check availability". Could be gone. Glad I grabbed one during double VIP. Its been a strange one and is tagged Hard to Find.

Sent from my Unknown using Brickpicker mobile app

*crossing fingers*

• Like 1

With Series 1 retiring, I think the originals will be $15-20 before Christmas, especially if these subsequent series continue to be popular.  I think they will be - both Series 2 and 3 have some really slick colors and builds coming up.  This will fuel demand for S1...

Who here has any Series 1 socked away?

I just have one of each of the first two series.  I wanted more, but there was always something else to buy.  Glad I bought what I did.

I just have one of each of the first two series. I wanted more, but there was always something else to buy. Glad I bought what I did.

I picked up two full sets if S1 and will do the same with S2 once it restocks. I think these guys are great, and hopefully popular after retirement...time will tell I suppose.

Sent from my iPhone using Brickpicker

A lot of people talk about the new Star Wars movies and wonder if they'll they bring back the Falcon or a new Death Star or whatever, but it seems like everyone's missing a point that should be obvious: Lego and Star Wars will want to promote the hell out of the new movies, and the new ships and characters. I think we're more likely to see a whole slew of ships we've never heard of before. Avengers, Guardians, Spider-Man, Lego Movie, you name it

• Like 3

A lot of people talk about the new Star Wars movies and wonder if they'll they bring back the Falcon or a new Death Star or whatever, but it seems like everyone's missing a point that should be obvious: Lego and Star Wars will want to promote the hell out of the new movies, and the new ships and characters. I think we're more likely to see a whole slew of ships we've never heard of before. Avengers, Guardians, Spider-Man, Lego Movie, you name it

Perhaps, although I think we'll see significantly more NT sets than we did prequel sets when they came out. For one thing, the movies are going to be way better, but also remember that Disney owns Star Wars now. I think their marketing strategy is going to be very different, and they'll take a similar approach to the one they're doing for all their (Disney-owned) Marvel Lego sets. All of the new X-Men, Avengers, Spider-Man, Guardians, Iron Man, etc. sets have been tied in with the new movies when they're released theatrically. I think Disney/Lego will put the OT sets in the backseat for a while, both so that they can promote the NT and to give the OT sets a chance to recharge in the marketplace.

EDIT: One more point: the prequels didn't have the OT characters & actors in them. The NT films do. So we'll get new Han Solos, new Luke Skywalkers, etc.

What about the Death Star? It says out of stock on lego.com? Is it retiring?

There are "speculations" that it _might_ be retiring. At lego.com, it says "Out of stock. Ships in 30 days", it does not say "out of stock". If it was "sold out", now that would be interesting. All major retailers being OOS for it fuel the speculation that it is indeed retiring. But the fact that you can still order it at lego.com means that there is at least one more run coming, or they will redistribute some stock from Europe. But that _might_ be it (but only might)

Coast guard plane is "call to check availability". Could be gone. Glad I grabbed one during double VIP. Its been a strange one and is tagged Hard to Find.

Yup. Quacs and I have been following this set. It def has been flying under the rader

I went ahead and bought all 9 of the Mixel Series 1 tonight at target for $45. figured with the retiring soon tag showing up and many places being out that it has a following and will sell well by Christmas.

same here. Had them at Toys R Us Canada in store. Was surprised to see them and lucky was able to complete the set!

Guest TabbyBoy

60026 city town square SaH call to check status...

That's a nice set but, I wonder why it's the only CITY set that's rarely (never in the UK) discounted.  It may be gone, the Fire Boat and Coast Guard Helicopter soon went.

That's a nice set but, I wonder why it's the only CITY set that's rarely (never in the UK) discounted.  It may be gone, the Fire Boat and Coast Guard Helicopter soon went.

Maybe it is sold well? The only way to get this set cheaper is at amazon.es or you have to become a proletarian.

I really like it. Especially to add it to my city. But there are so many street corners to choose from. Maybe someone creative can combine some of the street corners into one big one.