Retiring Soon - open speculation

HH is under review

"While this item is available from other marketplace sellers on this page, it is not currently offered by Amazon.com because customers have told us there may be something wrong with our inventory of the item, the way we are shipping it, or the way it's described here. (Thanks for the tip!)

We're working to fix the problem as quickly as possible."

• Like 2

HH is under review

"While this item is available from other marketplace sellers on this page, it is not currently offered by Amazon.com because customers have told us there may be something wrong with our inventory of the item, the way we are shipping it, or the way it's described here. (Thanks for the tip!)

We're working to fix the problem as quickly as possible."

Probably the culprit, too many $36 refunds or returns.

Probably the culprit, too many $36 refunds or returns.

Did I do that?  Oops.  I received one that was crushed, returned it, only to receive another decently damaged box.

They sent me a third and let me keep the second damaged box.  Two for the price of one.  (I'll take that).

My conversation (via chat) with them mistakenly endup that way...They wanted me to return the second damaged shipment and just get a full refund but I said wanted to keep a set because it was in my Today's Deal section plus I used some points on it.  They took it as I wanted to keep that set and get another for free.

Not my intention but they agreed to it.  I buy a LOT of lego via Amazon.

I think the SSD will be the better investment.

I think so also. Given that the SSD is meant more as a display piece and the DS as more of a play set. At times, the DS just seems like a lego starwars doll house to me, which is not a bad thing! But I think for the people with big pockets who spend lots on a single Lego set, they care more for displayability than playability. At least that seems to be what the trend is. Neither is a bad investment though!

Why should they not bring a new Death Star? This one 10188 its out since 6 Years!

And according to the Brick Show its one of their best selling Sets.

I love the 10188, but people have to factor in that the Death Star has been sold for 6 YEARS, twice as long as the SSD if both were retired in the next several months. Common sense would then dictate that there are twice as many 10188s floating around than SSDs. You can make a case for each one if you just compare set to set, but the longer production run will stunt the appreciation of the 10188 IMO.

My guess would be that for every SSD sold in it's lifetime, there have been 10 DS sold. I have nothing to back this up with, just unadulterated speculation.

The DS is extremely popular, but it won't be tough to find one if it retires. The SSD on the other hand, will be.