Retiring Soon - open speculation

Camper (Estimated July)

Simpsons House (Estimated December, as the 25th Anniversary ends in 2015) (Estimated very end of 2014)

Camper won't be going anywhere till the end of the year. Simpsons house will see minimum two years, no way they're going to drop that much money on a licence just to give it 10 months

Yup. This is one underrated set that quickly jumps when people think it's about to be retired by being sold-out. While WW1 might not be as 'historic' to some as WW2, etc... 10226 is a cool build, looks good, has unique elements, about a 20" wingspan, and offers limited joystick / wire functionality like the original. I wasn't a fan of this set until finally broke down and bought a used one.

I also like how it looks so darn good that some people think's a remote control flying airplane.

3 years? every time the camel was sold out on amazon it immediately jumped to $150-$175, it will do fine

you beat me to it naf! =)

When the Sopwith Camel sold out in the past, prices jumped up to the $150 range and up. This is a good indication that it is an investment winner.

Even though WWI may not be a popular era in general, the air battles are well known. Ever hear of the Red Baron?

• Like 1

Some speculation is funny. You never know though.

Sea Cow - Sticking around for a long while. no reason not to.

Simpsons House - not a chance its gone in less than 2 years. Selling well.

VW Camper - Maybe this year with the Mini Coop coming out. Good chance I would say.

Tower Bridge - With the Sidney Opera house, I feel like this is on its last leg.

Sand crawler - maybe 2019?

I may be the only one who gets this. :rofl:

aaaaaay - why don you just sit on it. :smoke:  exactamundo.

i'm betting my version of the 2014 farm on the T1.  i like the guy who posted yesterday he never heard of "The Ban" and bought 15 T1's from LEGO Shop at Home - that guy jumped the shark and lived to tell the tale.  my new hero.  i wish the simpson house retired in a year - i have foolishly been stockpiling that yellow behemoth leaving me light in other  areas.

We must have a very different Summer 2014 catalogue in the UK as there's no 10221 in it at all. Does this mean it kicks the bucket in the UK first?

What LEGO chooses to put in the catalogs is also partially dependant on the popularity of certain sets/themes in different regions. Star Wars isn't as big in Europe, so naturally, LEGO wouldn't promote it as much, since it is more likely that a customer would be interested in some other set - Technic, for example, which I hear is very popular "across the pond". 

To be honest, I never really understood why people love the Sopwith Camel as an investment (winner). Personally I do like the model and its functionalities. And if you are able to buy cheap you will get some profit post-EOL. But I just dont see people going crazy about this set anytime post-EOL. Firstly it is a historic plane from WW1 - not a very popular era, not a very "popular" war (even less talked about in the US than in Europe), no really popular machinery aside from Fokker Dr.1. And from my point of view the 100th anniversary will hardly do anything to drive up interest in the whole WW1 topic. Secondly, there is no theme the Camel could be added to. Thirdly, just take a look at the Camel polybag vs. the T1 polybag...

Previous releases have performed well.  

http://www.brickpicker.com/bpms/set.cfm?set=3451-1

http://www.brickpicker.com/bpms/set.cfm?set=10024-1

Why not this one?

I'm glad to see the Galaxy Squad sets on clearance at LEGO Shop at Home. Going to take a while for these to get out of the market, but the Galactic Titan was only out about a year, seems like a nice modest portfolio booster if you're willing to hold a while. I'm happy to have 3 good ones to save, and 1 bashed box to build.

Previous releases have performed well.  

http://www.brickpicker.com/bpms/set.cfm?set=3451-1

http://www.brickpicker.com/bpms/set.cfm?set=10024-1

Why not this one?

It should do well. It`s one of those sets that will be worth a pretty penny to one specific person, but worth nothing to everyone else, as opposed to a set you can kind of talk yourself into buying. People either really want it, or they just aren`t interested.