Retiring Soon - open speculation

Am I missing something here?  Amazon has R2 in stock.  Are some people subject to Amazon sale's tax so a discounted gift card through Walmart is the better option?  Or are purchasing limits imposed through Amazon.

I prefer no tax through Amazon and gas rewards for using gift cards.

You can spread your purchases out a few weeks apart to get by the purchase limits.

Is small X-Wing retiring this year? it is gone from Amazon...  So, the chances are, it is going to be re-released for the ******-th time anyway. Maybe short-term flipping opportunity, especially if it goes globally OOS before Christmas, and not rereleased just yet? Some Walmart have it for $40, correct? Lowest 3rd party price on amazon is 69.00+5.49

Is small X-Wing retiring this year? it is gone from Amazon...  So, the chances are, it is going to be re-released for the ******-th time anyway. Maybe short-term flipping opportunity, especially if it goes globally OOS before Christmas, and not rereleased just yet? Some Walmart have it for $40, correct? Lowest 3rd party price on amazon is 69.00+5.49

Its $60 at walmarts in my area, and $50 at walmart.com ... Still a good point though. 

The last version was out for 4 years. Not that it is any indicator, this one has been out 2. The Falcon has been out for even longer and still chugging along. If it ain't broke, don't fix it - I suppose. Most likely I would expect there will be new versions of the X-Wing/Tie in time for the new movies, so my theory is this will hang around til closer to that time - I will be surprised if it retires before Christmas. But who knows, the Tie retired. Target and K-Mart already stopped carrying them in store.

I think it is prudent that people don't get caught in a buying frenzy and end up buying every single R2, SSD, DS, Architecture, and GE set that pops up. you will be in for a huge sticker shock when those CC statements hit......just saying

Carry on

I wish I could like this a few dozen more times.

The last version was out for 4 years. Not that it is any indicator, this one has been out 2. The Falcon has been out for even longer and still chugging along. If it ain't broke, don't fix it - I suppose. Most likely I would expect there will be new versions of the X-Wing/Tie in time for the new movies, so my theory is this will hang around til closer to that time - I will be surprised if it retires before Christmas. But who knows, the Tie retired. Target and K-Mart already stopped carrying them in store.

If they would suddenly retire small X-wing, this might help them move the stale stock of big X-wing...  Though they are obviously in different price categories...

I think it is prudent that people don't get caught in a buying frenzy and end up buying every single R2, SSD, DS, Architecture, and GE set that pops up. you will be in for a huge sticker shock when those CC statements hit......just saying

Carry on

Very true.  Just checked mine out and noticed it was $1000 higher than I thought.  Oh well...

Carry on

Is this some sort of reverse psychology or do you really care about people financial situations? ;)

Might be just a temp shortage on amazon. Though it is white background set...

Amazon has had a lot of shortages on this set in the past year. It seems to be out of stock somewhat regularly.

Carry on

I'll admit I jumped on this boat with the SSD. Thankfully I have until June 28th.... That day will come sooner than I expect for sure.