Retiring Soon - open speculation

Checkout the post I made. Many of the opinions are still valid. Superman has global appeal and have upcoming DC movies and comics will help 6862 as long as WW, Lex, and Supes are not refreshed (especially in their classic costumes).

In retrospect this set would have more appeal if the polybag Lex (close to his Super Powers suit) was in this set :(. After the post below, I picked bought this fig for my son. Most excellent offering by Lego.

http://community.brickpicker.com/topic/7393-why-im-buying-6862-superman-vs-power-armor-lex/?hl=superman

Checkout the post I made. Many of the opinions are still valid. Superman has global appeal and have upcoming DC movies and comics will help 6862 as long as WW, Lex, and Supes are not refreshed (especially in their classic costumes).

In retrospect this set would have more appeal if the polybag Lex (close to his Super Powers suit) was in this set :(. After the post below, I picked bought this fig for my son. Most excellent offering by Lego.

http://community.brickpicker.com/topic/7393-why-im-buying-6862-superman-vs-power-armor-lex/?hl=superman

I traded a Martian Manhunter for one of those Gamestop exclusive Lex polys.

I traded a Martian Manhunter for one of those Gamestop exclusive Lex polys.

Both are very cool figs. Both parties won in that trade. Too bad I only have 1 Lex... I really wish he would have been in 6862 because that fig and mech go together like good ol' peanut and jelly.

• Like 1

Architecture Farnsworth House is "out of stock" at Lego.  Amazon has a decent deal on these at $50.09 (retail 59.99).  Target has raised its price on these to $69.99.  It seems like when Target goes over retail, it is a sign EOL.  Anyone with B&****** coupons can get a better deal there, but only 1 at a time.

Architecture Farnsworth House is "out of stock" at Lego.  Amazon has a decent deal on these at $50.09 (retail 59.99).  Target has raised its price on these to $69.99.  It seems like when Target goes over retail, it is a sign EOL.  Anyone with B&****** coupons can get a better deal there, but only 1 at a time.

brickset.com

UNITED STATES 06 Apr 11 - 30 Apr 14

$59.99 UNITED KINGDOM 06 Apr 11 - now

So Amazon received at least two batches of superman lex 6862s over the weekend at $19.99 each. At one point on Saturday, I saw 400 something. Now they have 766.

The 10226 Sopwith Camel briefly sold-out this morning but now 252 are available.

They also received more 10220 VWs. They are back up to 999+.

Sorry I don't have better retirement news on this side or the pond :)