Retiring Soon - open speculation

Why do you think it is a let down?

It's only a let down to me as an investor.  The set itself is awesome.  ...and I was very high on this set for the secondary market.   The retail life has been way too long.  It's also at a cheap retail price point that everyone has one or two.  Heck, Amazon sold over 950 units in just 4 days.  6862 is not like a $100+ priced set where people may think twice before buying one due to the high cost.

Basically it comes down to supply vs.demand.  At least the Fire Brigade has the demand to meet the VAST supply plus it doesn't have a "sorta" refresh already (Superman despite a diff costume is available in 3 other sets). 

We gotta hope Lex and WW are not refreshed before another set arrives with Supes in his classic attire.

• Like 1

this is the lego.com search to use.  the key is to search "retired product"

i check this link about twice per week for updates.

http://search-en.lego.com/?q=retired+product&cc=US#_=1398944629998;cc=US;count=60;i=1;m_sort_menu=itemname;pt=shop;q=retired+product;rank=rank

text to copy and paste into URL = "search-en.lego.com/?q=retired+product&cc=US#_=1398944629998;cc=US;count=60;i=1;m_sort_menu=itemname;pt=shop;q=retired+product;rank=rank"

Funhouse has been retired for months. This is old news.

I think the point was that the Fun House set # 6857 is now labeled as such "retired" not retiring soon or sold out like it was previously.  But I may be wrong.  I posted a link to the article last night but it got deleted.