Retiring Soon - open speculation

Lego Movie doesn't come out until May 18th, 2018

I'm going to say 1/17 Batman, 5/17 Series 17, 9/17 Disney Series 2, 1/18 Series 18, 5/17 LM2

or some combination of...

My 9/17 is Lego Ninjago not Lego movie. I don't expect Disney 2 until 2018.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, fossilrock said:

Nice.  I think it's safe to assume, that the Batman Movie CMF line that is rumored will be the next wave of minifigures, and that the Lego Movie sequel will get a wave in 2018.  That leaves me to guess that there will be a Disney series 2 next year, and perhaps Series 17.  Your list is great. Thanks.

It’s a useful guide but we can pretty much guarantee some of those will move.   Lego Movie 2 already has, presumably because of the Lego Batman and Ninjago movies, so they maybe more stable, but I’d bet both SW and DCEU will see changes. 

13 minutes ago, feed said:

It’s a useful guide but we can pretty much guarantee some of those will move.   Lego Movie 2 already has, presumably because of the Lego Batman and Ninjago movies, so they maybe more stable, but I’d bet both SW and DCEU will see changes. 

There's too many Superhero movies.  It's completely oversaturated to the point where they have lost their luster.  I really could care less about lesser known superheroes like Black Panther, Shazam, Captain Marvel, etc. and by 2019 people are going to be so sick of these, that I think they will begin to fail at the box office.

Star Wars could also begin to lose it's luster by Episode 9.  Disney needs to scale it back. Seriously, they are pushing out way too much stuff.  And now with DC and Warner Brothers trying to mimic the marvel world it's bound to create many super flops where all the stories seem similar, to where it becomes overly trite.  Sometimes less is more.  I'm already burned out on all the superhero BS.

As for the lego movies - bring em' on.  The First Lego Movie was a gem.  Batman looks funny as heck and i'm sure it will be better than any real batman film being pushed out right now.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, fossilrock said:

There's too many Superhero movies. 

The low rent ones sure and DCEU is a mess, but I think MCU will do fine, as Infinity War (Gauntlet) will sell, which is why I suspect they’ll move the Han Solo movie.  Overall I’m guessing next year we will see more Superhero fatigue, GOGT2 will do well though. 2018 more of the same with Infinity War being the only one to do well.  By 2019 we will move into SW fatigue.  

But yes, the market is real crowded.  Lego movies may well be the big (product) winners 

2 hours ago, asharerin said:

The only thing shocking about the VW Camper is how long it has been available and how many are stockpiled by resellers.

If Parisian Restaurant went I would put that in the category of a Town Hall shocker. Everything else that is retiring is completely expected and heavily stockpiled.

I think the Palace cimema modular will retire unexpectedly.

1 minute ago, dcdfan said:

A year ago would be unexpectedly. emoji4.png

The 2015 hoard was sure it was going last year and stockpiled Palace Cinema heavily. Already approaching Pet Shop numbers. Glad I did not roll my Grand Emporiums and Town Halls into the current modulars.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, gregpj said:

https://www.facebook.com/LEGOBionicle

Bionicle is done... I was wrong.

I'm sure sets will linger on shelves, but let the $5 clearance madness come to Canada!!

Thanks for sharing. Now I feel bad I didn't double down on the TRU quake beast promo, but I'm glad I acted quickly and completed the collection last month for about 50% off.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Grynn said:

Why would they when it's breaking out of every store at $99 ?

From what I have seen. They are NOT selling at $99. I can get at least 20 for that price right now in a 75 mile loop. Every Walmart near me still has had them fully stocked at $99 for over a week.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Martae54 said:

From what I have seen. They are NOT selling at $99. I can get at least 20 for that price right now in a 75 mile loop. Every Walmart near me still has had them fully stocked at $99 for over a week.

This has been my experience as well. They have been sitting at $99 in my area for about three weeks now and not selling. I'm patiently waiting for the next markdown to make my move. If somebody else buys them at $99 then oh well. 

• Like 1

Fair enough. I've seen (3) IR sets in about 20 Walmarts around here this week, admittedly amidst a growing pack of vultures it would seem. That's less than the number of $59 Deep Sea Vessels, $15 Hulkbusters, 50% Star Wars anything, and about 1/12th of the $59 Spaceports that remain unclaimed, however. The only competition it seems to have in the scarcity department at Walmart is Mystery Mansion. Which tells me something important, indeed.

8 hours ago, Sozial said:

Today I have been in a supermarket chain And 75101 is on sale as well. I guess that thing will be gone soon, if we are lucky before xmas

Are you referring to Rossmann? Their local store here had Poe's X-Wing reduced to 65€. Amongst the Nexo Knights sets there were already reducedsets, too (e.g. 70314). So all those will probably retire this year?

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Brian Briggs said:

Are you referring to Rossmann? Their local store here had Poe's X-Wing reduced to 65€. Amongst the Nexo Knights sets there were already reducedsets, too (e.g. 70314). So all those will probably retire this year?

No, this time I was refering to GLOBUS, which had 75101 for 45 Euro. I did not pick up any, but price seems okay. Rossmann had 75101 on sale for 48 Euro (if I remeber correctly)

Not sure if this is proper place for this but it is about retiring lego products.

I heard rumors of the Disney cmf being released again in September with the castle..? Not a new series, but the series already released..?

Anyone know if there's truth to this?

26 minutes ago, ckBricks said:

Not sure if this is proper place for this but it is about retiring lego products.

I heard rumors of the Disney cmf being released again in September with the castle..? Not a new series, but the series already released..?

Anyone know if there's truth to this?

go to the shop at home webpage and look at the description:

"We apologize that this item is temporarily out of stock, please check back with us in late fall."

Edited by cladner