Retiring Soon - open speculation

Just now, tacsniper said:

Looks like US region is OOS exp ship July 15. Doing the dance? Is this set finally done?

Dance? No 100$ set will really grow in value in near future as EVERYBODY (AFOLs, parents) is hoarding such sets - because they are still cheap enough to be bought by everyone.

7 minutes ago, Sprocket77 said:

So the expected ship date is tomorrow and that's considered part of the dance. Are we really that desperate for signs?

I don't know how long this has been OOS for on LEGO Shop at Home in the US region though. Haven't paid much attention to it since it is widely available in all giant retailers.

11 minutes ago, mauro23 said:

Dance? No 100$ set will really grow in value in near future as EVERYBODY (AFOLs, parents) is hoarding such sets - because they are still cheap enough to be bought by everyone.

And given the fact this set has been on the market for a long time.

11 hours ago, c_rpg said:

Anyone have recent seal codes for 75101 First Order Special Forces TIE fighter ?

there all the same its never changed since release

49 minutes ago, Brian Briggs said:

The Brick Separator is among the top sellers? This thing needs to retire soon as I'm sitting on quite a lot of them.

yah me too really need at least 200 percent i think its a great investment

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Brian Briggs said:

The Brick Separator is among the top sellers? This thing needs to retire soon as I'm sitting on quite a lot of them.

Yeah.... I expect a "retiring soon" tag any day now. Wonder how long it will take before the horde cleans them all out. 

Just beware for the new version. I spoke to a lego store manager the other day and he confided me the new one will come out next year and it will probably be green.

• Like 5

When browsing the Argos Lego section, I realised that the entire Jurassic World range has been removed from their website.  75919 was reduced to £70  few months back and then went OOS, now everything else has gone too. . . .   Lego SAH have pushed back the shipping date to 01/08/16, a few weeks ago it stated middle of July. 75917 also says 'ship within 30 days'.  Not long now until this one disappears in my opinion . . .

Edited by Manse1001
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Ciglione said:

Yeah.... I expect a "retiring soon" tag any day now. Wonder how long it will take before the horde cleans them all out. 

Just beware for the new version. I spoke to a lego store manager the other day and he confided me the new one will come out next year and it will probably be green.

blind me! TLG should not retire the orange version before delivering 42056 Porsche on time!!!  is the green one supposed to fit Mini??? is that the new hidden gem??? LOL

1 hour ago, Manse1001 said:

When browsing the Argos Lego section, I realised that the entire Jurassic World range has been removed from their website.  75919 was reduced to £70  few months back and then went OOS, now everything else has gone too. . . .   Lego SAH have pushed back the shipping date to 01/08/16, a few weeks ago it stated middle of July. 75917 also says 'ship within 30 days'.  Not long now until this one disappears in my opinion . . .

Looks like they have also removed the Lego Scooby Doo sets. I would have thought with the new lego scooby movie coming out the lego sets would be around till christmas, although it might just be argos cutting a few products to make space for new.

I will be pleased when Scooby and jw are gone so hopefully they are both on the way out.

5 minutes ago, AZNSalinas96 said:

Hopefully the scooby doo movie doesnt tank cough cough lone ranger cough

Scooby doo is a winner, no comparison to lone ranger.

If you ask 5 people to picture scooby doo and lone ranger, most people would say scooby / shaggy / mystery machine. The average peson would not remember anything "unique" when thinking about lone ranger.

Hopefully the scooby doo movie doesnt tank cough cough lone ranger cough

Along the same lines as the last response...I grew up with Scooby Doo (34) and now my daughter (4) has the newer cartoon and 2 movies on Netflix. Neither of us has ever seen a Lone Ranger anything.
That said, a popular movie could certainly reinvigorate the childless 25+ audience who we love and spends large sums on toys from their youth. I think the movie could lead to a faster spike to 3x if retired, but a flop doesn't tank the long term value on these.

12 minutes ago, Sfcommando14 said:

Along the same lines as the last response...I grew up with Scooby Doo (34) and now my daughter (4) has the newer cartoon and 2 movies on Netflix. Neither of us has ever seen a Lone Ranger anything.
That said, a popular movie could certainly reinvigorate the childless 25+ audience who we love and spends large sums on toys from their youth. I think the movie could lead to a faster spike to 3x if retired, but a flop doesn't tank the long term value on these.

Some of the movies already out there were direct to DVD and not very good, but my kids still like them, so it's hard bring Scooby down.

• Like 1

Scooby sets are getting a little thinner in my area too.  Not completely dry, and most of the sets are still obtainable, but the mystery machine, and the mansions are mostly gone with the last round of clearance.   With these being around for less than a year, I think that will help them, rather than hurt them.  My son has the entire theme, but we only have a few mystery machines as an investment.  I think the theme itself was pretty decent and has potential.  I don't think they will do anything more with this line, to be honest.  I think what has been done is it.

12 minutes ago, fossilrock said:

Scooby sets are getting a little thinner in my area too.  Not completely dry, and most of the sets are still obtainable, but the mystery machine, and the mansions are mostly gone with the last round of clearance.   With these being around for less than a year, I think that will help them, rather than hurt them.  My son has the entire theme, but we only have a few mystery machines as an investment.  I think the theme itself was pretty decent and has potential.  I don't think they will do anything more with this line, to be honest.  I think what has been done is it.

Have Mystery Machine's been clearanced anywhere?  I know the Mystery Mansions are the most recent addition for Wal-Mart clearance.  I have a weird feeling this line will disappear quick.