Retiring Soon - open speculation

1 hour ago, jay4e said:

seems to blend with Al's pretty well, not so much PR...

but really if you MOCed a couple stories of apartments over it it could fit in well.

The big cities I've lived in have had "Kwik-E-Mart"s (aka 7Eleven's) just like that right smack in the middle of a block of multi-story buildings. I see nothing wrong with mixing them up. In fact, I've just bought one for that purpose, and am working on a Deli Shop MOC that will be most likely single-story as well.

39860615-TOKYO-CIRCA-MAR-2015-SevenEleve

• Like 1

Which of these do you think will:

1) be next to retire

2) appreciate most in price.

I live in Thailand and have recently picked up:

-Ewok Village

-Sandcrawler

-Death star (big one)

-MF (small one)

-Pet shop

-Parisian Restaurant

-Ferris Wheel

-Sydney Opera House

- London Tower Bridge

-The Tumbler

-Helicarrier

Im just starting out collecting lego so I hope this experienced community could help guide some light. Thanks in advance =)

9 hours ago, oatpalarit said:

Which of these do you think will:

1) be next to retire

2) appreciate most in price.

I live in Thailand and have recently picked up:

-Ewok Village

-Sandcrawler

-Death star (big one)

-MF (small one)

-Pet shop

-Parisian Restaurant

-Ferris Wheel

-Sydney Opera House

- London Tower Bridge

-The Tumbler

-Helicarrier

Im just starting out collecting lego so I hope this experienced community could help guide some light. Thanks in advance =)

The Tumbler and Death Star are already retired. Just from a time on the market standpoint, I'd say Ewok Village, Pet Shop and Sandcrawler are getting close. There's some evidence the Opera House will go, too. 

Spoke to the manager of my local Lego store and asked her why there weren't any of the old Star Wars sets with the stormtrooper badge on the shelves and she said they were no longer getting anymore deliveries and as far as she was concerned they were retired. She's been pretty spot on, on a number of occasions with me previously so no reason to doubt her and this makes sense given all of the new sets and force Friday sets to come

1 minute ago, LahH001 said:

Spoke to the manager of my local Lego store and asked her why there weren't any of the old Star Wars sets with the stormtrooper badge on the shelves and she said they were no longer getting anymore deliveries and as far as she was concerned they were retired. She's been pretty spot on, on a number of occasions with me previously so no reason to doubt her and this makes sense given all of the new sets and force Friday sets to come

I'd love this to be true....heck, we still have a YODA box on the shelves though (EV). Predates darth AND the stormtrooper. Here's to hoping though.....

8 minutes ago, LahH001 said:

forgive a dumb question but what sets have a stromtrooper on them(where do you find the trooper on the box)

20 hours ago, Val-E said:

Now be careful son, this one ain´t as popular as the other ships and if everyone has 40 we get into trouble. 40% off rule still applies.

In the USA there will be a mountain of sellers and buyers at $120 shipped. I'd want to be at 50% off min to make pay. Alot will be happy making less. Will be easy to move large amounts at that price tho.

21 minutes ago, asharerin said:

In the USA there will be a mountain of sellers and buyers at $120 shipped. I'd want to be at 50% off min to make pay. Alot will be happy making less. Will be easy to move large amounts at that price tho.

There were people that found it at $25 at Walmart though.  That's nearly 5x buy in.  Who wouldn't be happy selling it at $120 when you're buy in is that price?

There were people that found it at $25 at Walmart though.  That's nearly 5x buy in.  Who wouldn't be happy selling it at $120 when you're buy in is that price?

I think those were few and far between. Not unheard of, but not large stashes at that price.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Alpinemaps said:

Ya 75% off beats 50% off so I would be happy with $25 buy in. Im at $48 and change on my stack. Not going to make me rich but will be an easy 100% ROI and $50 per unit which meets my min requirements for resale inventory.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Ciglione said:

I won't touch them if not below 70 euro each. 

Exactly. And they're at €67 now, at Amazon UK. :) 

Personally I find the Tydirium Shuttle nicer looking and offering more play features than the 75055 ISD. With a lower starting-point, I think it will be easier to move the IST post EOL than the ISD now. While there's also a remake of the ISD looming for next year in a next wave of Rogue One sets...