Retiring Soon - open speculation

16 minutes ago, landphieran said:

Am I the only confused by the potential of the Simpsons Modulars?

They are beautiful, detailed and colorful. Has a long history in TV.

But... who cares enough about the Simpsons to drop 200+ on it? How much AFOL overlap is there between the Simpsons theme? I find them beautiful but would never care to display it or keep it.

My uniformed gut feeling, I anticipate these sets to stagnate around high 200's for a fairly long period of time (2 years?). Ideal investment with a 5 year hold?

Great! If we (investors) would all just keep one copy for investment these sets would have a decent chance. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, exciter1 said:

You all will be filled with regret and will regret not thinking about the regret before regretting it.

No value in The Simpsons round these parts - I´m sure they´ll be on clearance for a while after retirement or at least easily available as was Sea Cow. How are  sales of that one going now BTW?

24 minutes ago, Ciglione said:

You were the first one to sin. 

I've made enough space in my storage room to justify an occasional purchase.

Nothing sinful about SOH at 40% off. Simpsons stuff at anything more than that is sinful - they won´t be worth more than the stuff you sold to make space.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, lobo1969 said:

Think of it this way: Will LEGO ever make a modular scale convenience store set ever again?? Kwik E Mart has a place in everybody's LEGO town!

Now the design is done, I assume it will not be hard for Lego to convert it to a 7-11 one day if they want.

I think store will be cross collectible as well.. the Simpsons HOUSE is maybe the most recognizable cartoon house in history. ( Flintstones house) Piece count helps the house out, 2523 pieces is high for a branded set with figs.  I thought they could have asked $249.99 for this one.

Edited by Martae54

On May 6, 2016 at 9:34 PM, fossilrock said:

Judging from what i've seen over the last few years (and thanks to my spreadsheets showing purchase dates, discounts, retirement dates etc through the years), i'm convinced the following Star Wars sets retire in late fall/early winter.  Reason is because many of these are either being clearanced at walmarts right now, or have the Lego LEGO Shop at Home sales.  I'm not following buildable figures, so i'm not speculating on those or microfighters, but i'd suspect those will get culled too.  I'm not speculating too deep on exclusives either because they are done to death, but i'd put my money on Sandcrawler and Ewok Village getting axed by december.

----------

Winter wave 2015 sets: All of them: ( Tie Advance Protype, Geonosis Troopers, Senate Commando Troopers, Imperial Troop Transport, Shadow Troopers, Battle Droid Troop Carrier (this may already be gone), Hailfire Droid )

Summer Wave 2015 Sets: All of them (Flash Speeder, Naboo Starfighter, Death Star Final Duel, Tydirium, Sith Infiltrator, Imperial Assault Carrier) - all of these are seeing 25% or more discounts lately.  Walmart seems to be trying to get rid of their stock ( a solid sign of their production runs ending well before the Rogue One sets hit the market ) 

Force Awakens Force Friday sets: FO Snowspeeder, FO Transporter, FO Special Forces Tie Fighter (I think their final production runs maybe nearing)

Winter Wave 2016 Sets: Resistance Troop Transporter, Battle on Takodana (the clearance of these sets right now is a solid sign.  Last year, a lot of the winter wave sets only had a year run too, while others did not.  I suspect the 3 of the 4 24.99 sets (Hoth Attack, Droid Escape, Obi Wan's Inteceptor, Carbon Freezing) will also carry on past this next year.  Or maybe all 4 do.

I'm not so sure about the following getting tagged this winter: Millennium Falcon, Kylo Ren's Command Shuttle, Poe's X-wing (I was convinced a while back, but i'm not so sure now since this never is clearanced), or any of the battle packs from this year.  I think some of those sets will stick around past the end of this year and may go well into all of next year.

I'm convinced that the First Order Tie Fighter will be gone by christmas.  Right now is the best time to get this set IMO.  Already OOS 30 days on Lego Shop at home, but is about 15.00 past rrp at many stores.  With the Tie Striker coming out during this years Rogue One movie sets, I doubt they'll keep this one around.   I also think this is a great set to have as an investment.