Retiring Soon - open speculation

6 hours ago, Val-E said:

pS, BB, PR all backordered at EU SAH. Who is doing a run on modulars?

Same thing happened around this time last year.  I suspect that it's more an issue of how TLG is allocating their production capacity than a true run on the sets.

5 minutes ago, redcell said:

Same thing happened around this time last year.  I suspect that it's more an issue of how TLG is allocating their production capacity than a true run on the sets.

Could be, but till last month they were limit 1 (now 5) so I guess there might be people stocking up now before expected EOL of PS in winter. PC seems to be holding up fine.

1 minute ago, Val-E said:

Could be, but till last month they were limit 1 (now 5) so I guess there might be people stocking up now before expected EOL of PS in winter. PC seems to be holding up fine.

I haven't been paying attention this year.  I'm basically done with exclusives...they have not been performing as well as other sets that I've bought into over the last few years and my sense is that the party is basically over on them unless you're willing to risk holding for 5+ years.

7 hours ago, Val-E said:

pS, BB, PR all backordered at EU SAH. Who is doing a run on modulars?

This happens each and every year. TLG is busy printing the new sets due out in fall.

43 minutes ago, redcell said:

I haven't been paying attention this year.  I'm basically done with exclusives...they have not been performing as well as other sets that I've bought into over the last few years and my sense is that the party is basically over on them unless you're willing to risk holding for 5+ years.

It goes in cycles. The hoard will be stocking up hard on the smaller sets this year (IST, architecture, minecraft, trains etc). Good time for a surprise exclusive retirement or two to bring some chaos back to the marketplace, and then they will all be back to exclusives again in 2017 lol.

4 minutes ago, grabbitfast said:

looks like lego sah are shifting the goal posts,other wise known as messing with us resellers.The sold out sign on soh started a big run on it not to mention the other sold out sets .

I didnt fall for it but the hoard were all over it in droves.

I am sure that TLG has much more immediate real concerns than "messing with us resellers" frankly. We aren't that important. Anyway, retail channels (e.g. LEGO Shop at Home ) are for retail purchases and commercial channels are for commercial purchases.

P.s. Horde is who you are, hoard is what you do

Edited by Battrax
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, emazers said:

The Simpsons License is done this year, no more sets are coming, there should be plenty Simpsons Houses and Kwi Marts for people to get until the end of the year, but if you don't have any don't wait to long to get some.

It's not on a 2017 ordering form?

Exclusives are not on the regular retail wholesale form, just the regular sets you see in Target, Walmart and Toys r us, except if one of them have a Lego Store Exclusive, like the Raptor Escape from lego and Walmart. The Only people who get a Exclusive order form is Amazon, Tru, Walmart, target and maybe a few others. Thats in the US, outside the US its alot different. But take my word the Simpsons are done. I got 20 sets.      Ed

Edited by emazers

Problem with the Simpsons House and Kwik E-Mart here in Europe is that it is very difficult to find a discount on them. I am always trying to avoid RRP in Germany. Not even mentioning the shameful RRP in the Netherlands.

Anyone seen a nice discount in Europe on these lately?

23 minutes ago, emazers said:

Exclusives are not on the regular retail wholesale form, just the regular sets you see in Target, Walmart and Toys r us, except if one of them have a Lego Store Exclusive, like the Raptor Escape from lego and Walmart. The Only people who get a Exclusive order form is Amazon , Tru, Walmart, target and maybe a few others. Thats in the US, outside the US its alot different. But take my word the Simpsons are done. I got 20 sets.      Ed

So is this your gut telling you the theme is done?  I (for one) trust your gut feeling. Just curious. 

15 minutes ago, Ciglione said:

Problem with the Simpsons House and Kwik E-Mart here in Europe is that it is very difficult to find a discount on them. I am always trying to avoid RRP in Germany. Not even mentioning the shameful RRP in the Netherlands.

only last march 20% off on TRU.de

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Ciglione said:

UK TRU did 20% off which was priced matched by John Lewis, for about day before OOS, in April.  Smyths 20% discount in Sept. Only 2 occasions I can think of. Otherwise it’s Lego VIP / Poly. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, jaisonline said:

So is this your gut telling you the theme is done?  I (for one) trust your gut feeling. Just curious. 

This is interesting news.  I thought there were rumors there was going to be another set coming out, like the comic book guys shop.  I take it that it was just a rumor?

It just seems odd though that Lego would produce an entire line, for just 2 sets, and not even release any smaller sets or anything of the such.  Kind of like Scooby-Do?

I hope it's not done, because both the simpsons house and the kwik-e-mart are fantastic sets.

7 minutes ago, giljo said:

only last march 20% off on TRU.de

7 minutes ago, feed said:

UK TRU did 20% off which was priced matched by John Lewis, for about day before OOS, in April.  Smyths 20% discount in Sept. Only 2 occasions I can think of. Otherwise it’s Lego VIP / Poly. 

Thanks. I will keep my eyes open.