Retiring Soon - open speculation

On 17/04/2016 at 4:08 AM, Phil B said:

Hiatus is the speculated "time-out" for certain sets when they have been sold at conditions that are outside of what LEGO dictated (e.g. Sale pricing on exclusives). Or at least that's what the rumor is that several of us have heard.

No Lego sets on hiatus here in Europe, as far as I can tell. Maybe European stores are better at complying with the LEGO dictations regarding pricing policy? :P 

Both Pet Shop and Wall-E are readily available from LEGO Shop at Home in Europe.

On April 18, 2016 at 2:39 AM, Val-E said:

Seems weird to shoot yourself in the foot by pulling a product nationwide due to one shop´s misdemeanours. Is Axl Rose running Lego stock these days too?

I´d love PS to TOOS here for 6 months, that´d help slim the market down.

He only runs AC/DC... :russian:   :rock:  

7 hours ago, StormBricks said:

Good day all

is 42038 retiring seems? What about 42039 and the other Technic 1H-2015 sets?

Question 2: Any info on 42030 retirement and where to look for 30%+ discount?

Unlikely. They have been out barely over a year.

42030 is still going strong as far as I can see (it is a nice set, not surprised).

18 hours ago, Battrax said:

Unlikely. They have been out barely over a year.

42030 is still going strong as far as I can see (it is a nice set, not surprised).

42038 went briefly on discount on amazon.de and got quickly consumed fully and now unavailable. This doesn't tell its good investment?

Off course this is just some noob thought :-)

I have anther question for you guys, whats up with amazon UK 35% on some good 2015 sets (including 41095 and 60076) and also new MF is around 25%. If I seem observing in a wrong way, I appreciate guidance.

8 minutes ago, StormBricks said:

42038 went briefly on discount on amazon.de and got quickly consumed fully and now unavailable. This doesn't tell its good investment?

Off course this is just some noob thought :-)

I have anther question for you guys, whats up with amazon UK 35% on some good 2015 sets (including 41095 and 60076) and also new MF is around 25%. If I seem observing in a wrong way, I appreciate guidance.

I think they are price matching another UK store, not 100% sure tho.

Salesperson at Lego Store on Michigan Ave. in Chicago said Red 5 is retired, even though the US Lego Shop at Home site does not indicate the same (only says "Sold Out"). 

Also, only one Sandcrawler left in stock in the store. Handful of EV and a few S1s.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Phil B said:

Don't we have a thread for that?

heard from a lego employee could be about new sets or releases , promos, or upcoming surprises unrelated to retirement.

retirement soon open speculation is the open sewer pit of opinions and ideas regarding EOL of which lego employee blather is only one of many disease laden streams.

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, cladner said:

heard from a lego employee could be about new sets or releases , promos, or upcoming surprises unrelated to retirement.

retirement soon open speculation is the open sewer pit of opinions and ideas regarding EOL of which lego employee blather is only one of many disease laden streams.

Alright then - carry on.

2 minutes ago, glucapg said:

Sandcrawler, Evok Village and Slave1...anyone of them near EOL? I'm afraid not

All SW exclusives have same 10 % discount and limit 1 here in Europe, so it shows nothing.

Anyway, EV is 80 % near EOL, since it is 2.5 years from release and new UCS play set is here (AoH).

Sandcrawler has now 2. anniversary, so may go away within this year, i guess it is not a good seller (the vehicle is not so iconic as Xwing or ISD and is too expensive), there are many UCS now and new are coming this year, so maybe the EOL is close.

Slave - released January 2015 (just 1 year + 4 months ago), popular set and probably good seller, cannot imagine its EOL before summer 2017. If I remember correctly, the only one set retired before 2 years was unpopular and heavily discounted Bwing.

7 minutes ago, mesje said:

Sandcrawler has now 2. anniversary, so may go away within this year, i guess it is not a good seller (the vehicle is not so iconic as Xwing or ISD and is too expensive), there are many UCS now and new are coming this year, so maybe the EOL is close.

I agree with the price comment, yes is it expensive which might limit the sales. I think Ewok village will go first. Longer run and recently a new playset was released (Hoth).

Personally, I think the SandCrawler is one of the most iconic vehicles....:bow:

• Like 1