Retiring Soon - open speculation

1 hour ago, Battrax said:

That bloody thing as been dancing in slow motion for the last few years...

not really - it hasn't been TOOS unorderable from shop at home until this year.  it just seems that way because no modular retired last year. 

going from TOOS -> in stock and orderable  -> TOOS in 24 hours is an encouraging sign.

its very weird that Wall-E did the same thing too - going from TOOS -> orderable -> TOOS in 24 hours.

Edited by cladner

I asked a Lego store manager about limit buys at the store. He said there was no limit except where state.

I asked if they had pet shop. They did. Decided not to buy. He asked why not?

I said, I had 1 already.

He said...with a facial expression....you "should buy it".

He said that it will be in the same phase as Ewok village for a while (not available)

But then maybe come back.

I picked up 4 (no limit).

We will see what happens after 2x VIP.

He said general after this..higher ups decide on making new production runs or not.

4 minutes ago, macpro76 said:

I asked a Lego store manager about limit buys at the store. He said there was no limit except where state.

I said, I had 1 already.

He said that it will be in the same phase as Ewok village for a while (not available)

He said general after this..higher ups decide on making new production runs or not.

So you went to the Lego store, with no intention to buy a Pet Shop. You inquired about it, and the manager gave you a sales pitch, and you bought 4? I don't get it......The store manager changed your mind, and you bought 4???? 

• Like 6

36 minutes ago, macpro76 said:

I said, I had 1 already.

A year ago when I was a noob at this, a Lego store employee told me that Tower Bridge was retiring and that it would be their last shipment. Obviously, he was full of ****. As I look at the box in my storage, I find solace in the fact that it might make me some money in the year 2026. Never again Lego salesman, never again.

• Like 6

So you went to the Lego store, with no intention to buy a Pet Shop. You inquired about it, and the manager gave you a sales pitch, and you bought 4? I don't get it......The store manager changed your mind, and you bought 4???? 

At my store, anything I look at they say "it's retiring soon." It doesn't matter what it is. It's always "it's retiring soon"...

• Like 7

4 minutes ago, dcdfan said:

At my store, anything I look at they say "it's retiring soon." It doesn't matter what it is. It's always "it's retiring soon"...

Technically I guess they are right.  Soon could be anytime, really, you know when compared to the year 2485 or something like that.

1 hour ago, thegooch49 said:

i went there to pick up some EV, TF, SC and SOH.  Bought 2 of each.  PS has been around since 2011.  So based on the 4 year releases it should be retiring soon.  If not...oh well.  I'll be sitting with 5 for how ever long until it retires.  I am not in a rush to sell. 

43 minutes ago, macpro76 said:

i went there to pick up some EV, TF, SC and SOH.  Bought 2 of each.  PS has been around since 2011.  So based on the 4 year releases it should be retiring soon.  If not...oh well.  I'll be sitting with 5 for how ever long until it retires.  I am not in a rush to sell. 

Ah, gotcha. You bought $2000 worth of sets, and tacked on another $600 of Pet Shops on an impulse sale after the manager talked you into it. I've got a couple of PS as well, good luck to both of us. 

• Like 2

what are people's thoughts on the vw combi van retiring soon?

i've gone all across melbourne and have only seen one or two on display.

LEGO Shop at Home has it for the same price as i've seen it in stores. the added bonus of LEGO Shop at Home is double VIP points at the moment. 

i'm beginning to think i need to get one to go with the mini cooper:P