1 hour ago, dcdfan said:

1 hour ago, dcdfan said:

Sure...

That was what i was trying to explain, i dont believe in this "banning" 

It seems that they simply cancel certain orders

Edited by Tex
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Mos_Eisley said:

I'm going to go out on a limb and guess that your single experience isn't much of a sample size to have decided this. 

Are there any other sample sizes to compare to then that are recent, id be happy to join the study??

Are there any other sample sizes to compare to then that are recent, id be happy to join the study??

Check out the thread on Lego Bans. There used to be a badge for those who got ban from SAH.

Yes go ahead and think that Lego does not ban you, go order 5 sand crawlers, 4 EV and 5 slave 1 in 2 days time on SAH. I think a chunk of us who still has old Lego accounts pref to keep those profiles safe and not risk large purchases. 

Edited by Armor

Guest brickcrazyhouse
37 minutes ago, Tex said:

That was what i was trying to explain, i dont believe in this "banning" 

It seems that they simply cancel certain orders

Thanks for the laugh Tex

Edited by brickcrazyhouse

28 minutes ago, thegooch49 said:

This is not going to retire after being available for only 1 week. This is crazy talk. C2C does not mean it's retiring.

True that C2C does not equal retired, however in the very limited cases of the seasonal/small production run items, they do occasionally sell out on LEGO Shop at Home very quickly and do not make a return, or make a return in several months (see cake toppers, holiday vignettes last year). 

8 minutes ago, Deadfraggle said:

True that C2C does not equal retired, however in the very limited cases of the seasonal/small production run items, they do occasionally sell out on LEGO Shop at Home very quickly and do not make a return, or make a return in several months (see cake toppers, holiday vignettes last year). 

Yes, some Seasonal or Holiday sets sell quick and don't come back. This set is not seasonal or holiday. It'll be like the birthday cake topper, which will sell out from time to time, then return. 

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, thegooch49 said:

Yes, some Seasonal or Holiday sets sell quick and don't come back. This set is not seasonal or holiday. It'll be like the birthday cake topper, which will sell out from time to time, then return. 

I think you're prediction is 99.9% probable. This is probably just an issue of demand exceeds initial supply.

I do seem to recall some genuine surprise last year when those cake toppers came back into stock after the extended absence. I am also really sick this weekend and not thinking very clearly so maybe that wasn't the case. 

Maybe everyone knew they were going to come back into stock after the initial sell out status on LEGO Shop at Home. I do remember waiting too long for my initial order on them and missing out though. That sucked.

• Like 1

Tower Bridge reduced in price from £209.99 to £179.99 in UK  by Toys r Us biggest price drop i have seen in UK for this.Toys R Us did not have that many in stock either because they sold out within hours late saturday night early sunday morning not exactly prime time shopping hours none available for c and c or delivery.

I think lego may just pull a surprise retirement soon,the last set  Tru did this with was the SC and have not replaced it since even though its been available for quite a while.