Retiring Soon - open speculation

48 minutes ago, Lordoflego said:

31015 emerald express is sold out, feels like it's been in production for a long time so I'm hoping its on the way out

this has been sold out since before Christmas.  i'm surprised it hasn't been labeled retired yet.

i'm starting to get on the Poe's X-wing is dead band-wagon - no shelf tags for this set at any target or walmart I haunt and i have been looking.  ordered a few from shop at home earlier this week to make sure i had some marginal skin in the game.  will hit up the lego store at the mall later this week.  order from last week is still backordered.

Edited by cladner

this has been sold out since before Christmas.  i'm surprised it hasn't been labeled retired yet.

i'm starting to get on the Poe's X-wing is dead band-wagon - no shelf tags for this set at any target or walmart I haunt and i have been looking.  ordered a few from shop at home earlier this week to make sure i had some marginal skin in the game.  will hit up the lego store at the mall later this week.  order from last week is still backordered.

Have you checked the Poe's thread? New seal codes have been received from S@H.

39 minutes ago, exciter1 said:

Have you checked the Poe's thread? New seal codes have been received from LEGO Shop at Home.

i did see that and the new blue x-wing .  i'm surprised the shelf tags are gone at the stores though - this usually means they aren't coming back.  even the i-rex which is out of stock still has a shelf tag.  i'm waiting for them to come back if they do for more substantial quantities otherwise that'll be a ship i miss.  seems stupid to stop selling such a popular set so hopefully they come back.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, cladner said:

i did see that and the new blue x-wing .  i'm surprised the shelf tags are gone at the stores though - this usually means they aren't coming back.  even the i-rex which is out of stock still has a shelf tag.  i'm waiting for them to come back if they do for more substantial quantities otherwise that'll be a ship i miss.  seems stupid to stop selling such a popular set so hopefully they come back.

Could be a limited run, who knows.  Time will tell...

27 minutes ago, rlangston77 said:

Really odd, I checked about 10-12 Walmarts on my road trip across three states and couldn't find a single one.

WMs still almost devoid of 75102 around me as well (only one has one left in stock) but Kmart.com recently returned to having them in stock. That, and Amazon having short blips of availability, and the fact that LEGO.com has a (moving) target date for availability leads me to believe that there is another production run trickling out of the LEGO warehouses and that we'll see more of Poe's in the next few weeks. In the meanwhile, for those who were able to sell for $120-$140 on Amazon/EBay ... hats off to you!

I wanted to buy many of these but I might stay away from it for now, the new seal codes are to sharp for me. It looks like Poe might turn out like the Jurassic world theme, to much demand and not enough product and then TLG over floods the demand after new production runs. I keep seeing everything on Wal-Mart's except the RE.

48 minutes ago, Val-E said:

FWIW ample supply and recent seal codes in Europe.

I think that's worth quite a bit. Don't understand too well why so many people seem to think this set is retiring. Why would it? 

In my Star Wars set availability blog I've noted many changes in availability prognosis for Poe's X-Wing. But that* is the only uncommon thing I've seen. All Star Wars sets issued during 2015 are still available, except Poe's X-Wing and Death Star Final Duel both of which should become back available beginning of March. I don't see a good reason to believe they will retire soon. 

* Could even be a bug in the website system: it was expected on 18 February, next day it was expected in 30 days, a day later 18 February again, then 30 days... really change and only for set 75102. 

Does the quantity limit on Lego Shop at Home correlate with a set's EOL? Because for example, the 75059 Sandcrawler still has a full limit of 5, but the newer 75060 Slave I already has a limit of only 2 ???

And 10236 Ewok Village is the oldest of the 3 and has a limit of just 1. So If I were looking to buy one of these sets right now, Ewok Village would be my best bet?

Edited by Stud-Flipper