Retiring Soon - open speculation

12 minutes ago, Vinetu said:

Guys, I'm interested in your opinions, no one is discussing Simpsons much here, what's your take on Simpson's House EOL date?

I'm interested to see the most recent seal codes. I know a lot stores have them in stock, seems like a slow seller.

I'm hoping they discontinue the house and follow up with another building. Something like the school or the powerplant would be nice.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, landphieran said:

It's definitely a slow seller and there isn't a lot of sets that fit in the theme which is unfortunate.

I feel like a lot of these minor themes without a huge following have this problem. I think Simpsons success will be based strictly on how it retires or how long you wait.

I feel EXACTLY the same, ergo, my question...

2 minutes ago, landphieran said:

It's definitely a slow seller and there isn't a lot of sets that fit in the theme which is unfortunate.

I feel like a lot of these minor themes without a huge following have this problem. I think Simpsons success will be based strictly on how it retires or how long you wait.

and if in fact they actually continue the series with another set.

3 minutes ago, thoroakenfelder said:

Moe's Tavern?

Lego Duff would be awesome :drinks:

3 minutes ago, Vinetu said:

C'mon folks, thanks for the opinions, but this thread is called "open speculation" and not one of you advanced a date :P

Do you think it would go before next Xmas?

Well I think it is more likely if they keep the license for a while longer. If the license expires, I'd think they would milk it as long as possible. It has been out for two years in the US, so it's definitely a candidate for retirement.

Does anybody believe the thinking that Poe's X-Wing is going to be a quick retirement candidate?  I think I recall exciter1 saying that he saw a red-tag on some at Walmart and that this means it isn't on the restock list.  Do we have confirmation of this?  With the new blue X-wing being released soon it seems strange for there to be two similar builds at the same price point at the same time.  If it is going to have a short life if could be one worth picking up...but I am new to this and would love to hear any thoughts and recommendations y'all might have.   Thanks!

1 minute ago, uaford said:

Does anybody believe the thinking that Poe's X-Wing is going to be a quick retirement candidate?  I think I recall exciter1 saying that he saw a red-tag on some at Walmart and that this means it isn't on the restock list.  Do we have confirmation of this?  With the new blue X-wing being released soon it seems strange for there to be two similar builds at the same price point at the same time.  If it is going to have a short life if could be one worth picking up...but I am new to this and would love to hear any thoughts and recommendations y'all might have.   Thanks!

It's possible, but keep in mind Poe's X-wing will probably be in the 2017 movie also.

9 minutes ago, uaford said:

Looking into my Crystal ball, it says Fall 2016 retirement, but a new version in fall 2017. 6 months of growth before rumors and leaks start to put holes in its balloon.

10 minutes ago, TheGallows said:

and if in fact they actually continue the series with another set.

My personal hunch is that this as well as the scooby doo line is going to be retired this year.

Ghostbusters, Doctor Who, Jurassic World themes seem to be much more popular and be wiser monetary choices for Lego.

7 minutes ago, thoroakenfelder said:

Looking into my Crystal ball, it says Fall 2016 retirement, but a new version in fall 2017. 6 months of growth before rumors and leaks start to put holes in its balloon.

It's one to keep and eye on to see if it gets anymore production runs this year.  Is the blue version a Summer 2016 release?

27 minutes ago, uaford said:

There's quite a bit of debate in the Poe's Xwing topic in the Star Wars forum topic. 

Some of the reasons to think there's smoke (and thus fire):

1) there was some sort of windshield issue early on (September 2015) that made it hard to find

2) there were continued shortages throughout it's life so far.

3) It is out of stock at most online retailers and only available for backorder at Lego right now while the rest of the wave 1 is available just about everywhere.

4) it is out of stock in Retail locations in MANY (not all) parts of the US currently. If you check store trackers for Walmart & Target it's nowhere to be found in many places i've travelled like North Carolina, South Carolina, Florida, and others.

5) The new wave of 2016 summer sets has a new x-wing with Poe

Some reasons to think there is no fire, just smoke.

1) It still has shelf stickers in stores even though it's sold out, just like Jurassic did. They don't reserve shelf space for product that isn't going to arrive. Shelf space is golden and good stores don't waste it. 

2) You CAN still back order it at lego.com

3) it's only been out for 5 months so far. Even if it retired when the new sets come out, would it really last for LESS than a calendar year?

Lots of folks took some of the signs above as reasons that Jurassic Park was gone, but it is clearly back in full force (minus one store exclusive set. Jurassic Park clearly isn't Star Wars, but could Poe's Xwing be a set that retires sooner than the rest of the wave? Who knows. I think its' an outstanding set, but perhaps only worth stockpiling at a discount. I wouldn't want to be caught without my target quantity, so place your bets accordingly.

• Like 8

Simpsons House seems a likely candidate to go. We've had confirmations of 3 minifigures series to be released in 2016 and none of them are Simpsons. I guess they aren't continuing those.

We've had rumors of a third Simpsons build but nothing confirmed. I just don't know but either way the House seems likely to be on its way out.