Retiring Soon - open speculation

1 hour ago, rlangston77 said:

With the rumored(?) Hoth set coming out this year, does anyone think LEGO Star Wars Snowspeeder (75074) which came out in January 2015 could be retiring soon?  The 75030 Millennium Falcon microfighter was released in Feb 2014 and retired in May 2015.  This would mean that an April / May 2016 retirement date for it could be likely.  If it does, what do you think the future value might be here say a year out from retirement?

snowspeeder and at-at microfighters  had extra long production compared to the other series 2 at least in USA.  None of the other Microfighters are performing like the Millennium Falcon.  I would not pay more than $7 for 75074 and would hope it to reach  $21 within a year of EOL.

The "real" snowspeeder 75049 is kicking butt and now selling for $65 very quickly on amazon.

Edited by cladner
  • Like 1

40 minutes ago, cladner said:

snowspeeder and at-at microfighters  had extra long production compared to the other series 2 at least in USA.  None of the other Microfighters are performing like the Millennium Falcon.  I would not pay more than $7 for 75074 and would hope it to reach  $21 within a year of EOL.

The "real" snowspeeder 75049 is kicking butt and now selling for $65 very quickly on amazon.

Someone in the UK is selling 75049(46 available) for ~$46.91 shipped right now:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B00H48VEL0/ref=dp_olp_new?ie=UTF8&condition=new

5 minutes ago, legogregors said:

Someone in the UK is selling 75049(46 available) for ~$46.91 shipped right now:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B00H48VEL0/ref=dp_olp_new?ie=UTF8&condition=new

Arrives between March 11-24.

- cheapest for delivery this month is $67.48 but this is also the overpriced listing (only 6 reviews).  getting off topic on speculation so i'll crawl back in my hole.

Edited by cladner
  • Like 1

22 hours ago, belljohn said:

I know it is hard to figure the method and madness of Lego Dimensions, but I find it curious that Cyberman fun pack is "sold out" and Wu is "call to check" at Lego.

http://shop.lego.com/en-US/Cyberman-Fun-Pack-71238?fromListing=listing

Three reasons:

1. It's Doctor Who, so Doctor Who fans are picking this up even without owning Dimensions
  2. They're hard to find at all locations; I can usually only find a couple at a time.
  3. I may have horded more than a few in my garage.

1 hour ago, Alpinemaps said:

Three reasons:

1. It's Doctor Who, so Doctor Who fans are picking this up even without owning Dimensions
  2. They're hard to find at all locations; I can usually only find a couple at a time.

I will give independent confirmation that #1 and #3 applying to me as well.

#2 has not been the case.  I've seen plenty at Target and TRU around me.  I haven't even bothered checking Wal-Mart or any other store selling them at, scoff, original MSRP.  

I have a decent quantity that I will either unleash to my growing army or flip for a great return.  I still haven't formed a clear opinion about Dimensions, but I'm leaning towards massively over-produced and we will see much better discounts.  Not sure that Dr. Who is going to last until that markdown.  Given the bajillion Portals level packs I've seen, I wouldn't discount the possibility of another large production run.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, glucapg said:

SC and EV are the most discussed set of star wars....but which are other cool SW set that worth investing now?

If you can find AT-AT or Mos Eisley, those are looked upon as favorable investments by many.  

Snowspeeder's might not be a bad target.  They are very likely done, but still can be found lingering on store shelves much more easily than the sets above (at least around me).  I don't know how well they will fit with the recently unveiled UCS Hoth.  If they are dimensionally compatible, I would like the prospects.  

(Full disclosure; I had few star wars toys as a kid.  Snowspeeder was one, and I know I look upon that with a bit more sentimental attachment than the regular guy).

2 hours ago, Alpinemaps said:

Three reasons:

I get the theme appeal, but 1 month of availability? Doc Brown is now sold out too. At this rate wave 3 will be available for a week if it comes out at $7.49.

It certainly isn't that hard to pick up 30 right now. Seems like a low risk $200 hunch.  I love the display bases.

I will stay away from wave 1, that's for sure. The ramp up to first release must have been huge for wave 1.

1 hour ago, belljohn said:

I get the theme appeal, but 1 month of availability? Doc Brown is now sold out too. At this rate wave 3 will be available for a week if it comes out at $7.49.

It certainly isn't that hard to pick up 30 right now. Seems like a low risk $200 hunch.  I love the display bases.

I will stay away from wave 1, that's for sure. The ramp up to first release must have been huge for wave 1.

It's crazy to assume one and done on these packs. Demand just outpaced initial supply. Now they're going to scramble to catch up to all the people who bought a bunch. Even LEGO Shop at Home had them marked down for a week. $7.49 for a pair of army builders screams "BUY ME NOW!" I've got a bunch stashed in my front room with no other Dimensions packs. My prediction is that we'll see these falling off the pegs in a couple months because they ramped up so much.

33 minutes ago, Alpinemaps said:

That might be true, but Doctor Who has a big enough fan base that's constantly growing that I have no doubt these will be popular for years.

I think there will be a theme, and they will both be available in other places. You could make any kind of historical or space set and throw in the Doctor, a Companion and one of the baddies. There's got to be some designs out there for lines that didn't make it to year 2 that can be repurposed. The Doctor, a Silurian and a Triceratops? Cybermen in an unused Prince of Persia set? The Doctor being menaced by space insects? Daleks assaulting a Sheriff's office? all could be done and more.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, grabbitfast said:

Hi new to this site,just a little footnote on SC if no one has already posted,All the major toyshops in UK HAVE SOLD off SC ONLY AVAILABLE NOW AT LEGO and from collectors on ebay and Amazon.

Are you sure it's not just out of stock? Most recent seal codes are 03R6.

2 hours ago, c_rpg said:

Are you sure it's not just out of stock? Most recent seal codes are 03R6.

Well one major stockist (Smyths) in the UK has cleared out stock with a pretty amazing deal (not sure if any were ever available at that price) and the set now seems to have been pulled from their site.  Thought it was still available at TRU over here though.
Personally think its a bit too early for this one to be going but having a major retailer drop this set is food for thought.